• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21859.png.ce65e8870b0ec1087cd658e33786fea1.png

Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur (ÍR)

qwG0ed8.jpg
ZZKhq3k.jpg

So, I decided to start a new save. I liked my time in Czech Republic, but I feel it’s time to move back to Iceland. A country I just really love managing in. As some of you may know, I had a great time in Iceland back in FM17 with ÍR. It was the first time I tried a youth only save, although I bought academy players back at some point.  You can read about it here.
We won the Europa League with academy players only. And a couple of years later we won the Champions League, but I decided to buy players after the EL win. I have so many sweet memories of that save. I even remember a lot of player-names.

And I feel it’s time to try it again, but now with the official rules of the challenge. In real life the club won promotion to Lengju deildin in 2024. So if I want to try this challenge with ÍR, I have to do it know. So that's why I started this save. I created the kits, based on the in-game club colours.

The first look at the squad is that I have 25 players to my disposal, with an average age of 23.47. So it’s quite a young squad. Looking at our current best players, then Ásgeir Börkur Ásgeirsson, Stefán Þór Pálsson, Arnór Gauti Úlfarsson and Alexander Kostic are the most interesing players. I found for almost all our my players their real picture.
It looks like we even got some talented youngsters, who can hopefully develop into very good players for us. In particular Róbert Elís Hlynsson, Olsi Tabaku and Bergvin Fannar Helgason.

I'm a couple of months into the first season, and just got my first Youth Intake Preview from my HoYD Gunnar Már Guðmundsson.
5qIlXiE.jpg

Edited by Winski

I always have at least one attempt with FC United of Manchester every season.

Club Introduction

FC United of Manchester

yItyio0.png 

The Manager

This is me.

i63cWyR.png

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          24 June 2024             30 June 2025         £750 p/w          £600 p/w

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att  Def  Fit  GkD  GkH  GkS  Tac  Tec  Men  SeP  WWY  Ada  Det  PlK  YoK  LoD  PeM  Mot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.50*)     None                 1    1    1    1    1    1    1    3    1    1    3    1    1    1    2    2    2    2

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    Carabao Cup        Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by DazRTaylor

Sociedad Deportiva Leioa

2SfDHMx.png

2033/2034 Mid Season Review / Youth Intake Preview

fR89szo.jpg

It looks like another pretty boring and safe season, which I will take

DfZ7qKB.jpg

More talent incoming, we actually don't play with a CAM but maybe he can be retrained as either a CM or a winger

@dkouv The youth setup costs is genuinely a crossroads in Scotland - I just pushed ahead personally. I was also getting a few cash injections, so it's not out of the ordinary. It feels reckless, but if you can get that 1 player that can change everything, you can either get the promotion to the Premiership or at least get a sale or 2 to cover. You've got to the Championship quicker than me, but I was able to get to Exceptional for Junior Coaching/Recruitment before getting to the Championship. 

@Gundo I'm presuming you're semi-professional? I did have quite a few players leave every year, but I sign all of my youth products regardless. I think I've only kept the same team together the past 2/3 years?

5 hours ago, Winski said:

21859.png.ce65e8870b0ec1087cd658e33786fea1.png

Íþróttafélag Reykjavíkur (ÍR)

qwG0ed8.jpg
ZZKhq3k.jpg

So, I decided to start a new save. I liked my time in Czech Republic, but I feel it’s time to move back to Iceland. A country I just really love managing in. As some of you may know, I had a great time in Iceland back in FM17 with ÍR. It was the first time I tried a youth only save, although I bought academy players back at some point.  You can read about it here.
We won the Europa League with academy players only. And a couple of years later we won the Champions League, but I decided to buy players after the EL win. I have so many sweet memories of that save. I even remember a lot of player-names.

And I feel it’s time to try it again, but now with the official rules of the challenge. In real life the club won promotion to Lengju deildin in 2024. So if I want to try this challenge with ÍR, I have to do it know. So that's why I started this save. I created the kits, based on the in-game club colours.

The first look at the squad is that I have 25 players to my disposal, with an average age of 23.47. So it’s quite a young squad. Looking at our current best players, then Ásgeir Börkur Ásgeirsson, Stefán Þór Pálsson, Arnór Gauti Úlfarsson and Alexander Kostic are the most interesing players. I found for almost all our my players their real picture.
It looks like we even got some talented youngsters, who can hopefully develop into very good players for us. In particular Róbert Elís Hlynsson, Olsi Tabaku and Bergvin Fannar Helgason.

I'm a couple of months into the first season, and just got my first Youth Intake Preview from my HoYD Gunnar Már Guðmundsson.
5qIlXiE.jpg

i love it ! good luck

4 minutes ago, Anners said:

@dkouv The youth setup costs is genuinely a crossroads in Scotland - I just pushed ahead personally. I was also getting a few cash injections, so it's not out of the ordinary. It feels reckless, but if you can get that 1 player that can change everything, you can either get the promotion to the Premiership or at least get a sale or 2 to cover. You've got to the Championship quicker than me, but I was able to get to Exceptional for Junior Coaching/Recruitment before getting to the Championship. 

@Gundo I'm presuming you're semi-professional? I did have quite a few players leave every year, but I sign all of my youth products regardless. I think I've only kept the same team together the past 2/3 years?

Hey, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I’m semi professional. It’s just so extreme compared to past versions of FM. The players in question all had very poor seasons just gone so the AI seems to be weighing potential ability very highly. @Anners do you find the AI more active when it comes to signing your newgens compared to FM23?

il y a 50 minutes, libbyshuss a dit :

I'm so addicted to this challenge i'm jumping straight back in again. I've always wanted to complete it in France for some reason, and have never come anywhere close, so here we go again!

I like playing with a couple of other playable leagues - makes it a bit more challenging in continental competition but also gives more options for sales.

Francestart.thumb.JPG.f1e0b13886bb57e1207207124561dab9.JPG

France gives you a few choices to pick from, and I went for:-

francefleurynewmanager.thumb.JPG.5cd0d2fac4b82e8064443f55831076cc.JPG

They're based in the southern suburbs of Paris and were formed in 1991. They've never been higher than the third division either so it's quite nice to see if I can complete their journey. They're starting stats are pretty good too:-

franceFCfleury.JPG.54d20de3b86ef96b4235d4d56136a096.JPG

The board and supporter culture appeals as it's the sort of football i enjoy creating, mainly due as it's fun. Plus, the stadium is mad. In real life their stadium holds about 2k! 

Semi-professional is a pain in the butt though - definitely adds a whole new level of difficulty to the challenge as well.

Here we go!

Fleury is known in France for having the biggest prison of the country and, if I am not mistaken, one of the biggest in Europe.

As for the stadium, it is a strange miss by SI, they used to play there temporarily a couple of seasons ago but have since gotten their own stadium, back in ... 2019.

2 hours ago, Gundo said:

Hey, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I’m semi professional. It’s just so extreme compared to past versions of FM. The players in question all had very poor seasons just gone so the AI seems to be weighing potential ability very highly. @Anners do you find the AI more active when it comes to signing your newgens compared to FM23?

I would say so, yeah. January tends to be quite busy as usually I'll lose 4/5 players to end of contract if I've not paid enough attention. The AI seem to be very on it this year - I'm loving it personally.

Meanwhile in the off season:

image.png.5680b6b3e65705e966620172c20eeed0.png

This is either going to be very good or very bad. Had so many takeovers fail in the past 15 seasons it's insane.

11 hours ago, Anners said:

I would say so, yeah. January tends to be quite busy as usually I'll lose 4/5 players to end of contract if I've not paid enough attention. The AI seem to be very on it this year - I'm loving it personally.

Meanwhile in the off season:

image.png.5680b6b3e65705e966620172c20eeed0.png

This is either going to be very good or very bad. Had so many takeovers fail in the past 15 seasons it's insane.

Yeah, it’s definitely different from past FMs – will have to give it a bit more time until I decide if I like it or not aha!

Good luck with the takeover, it would be epic if it comes off. :)

olot_ue.jpg.9ce27da12371329625cbba3224cc6bf5.jpg

Olot UE Season Review (25/26)

League:

After our unexpected promotion last season we find ourselves in the Spanish Federation First Division A. It promised to be a hard season, predicted to finish 17th and thus relegation. Our board wanted nothing more than simply  trying to avoid relegation. Apparently our players didn't get the message because we just continued where we left off. At the halfway mark we were 4rd(!) and squarely in the play-off mix. We then encountered somewhat of a midseason slump, which looked like it would knock us out of contention. However, a strong end of the season saw us finishing on a miraculous 5th place AND the last play-off spot. 

Did we achieve back to back promotions?

Spoiler

Olot_Y2_league_table.png.5bc16c0ec1972e7d37456a43fbe360c8.png

Play-offs

Mercifully, we're not going up. Even though we were the better team in both games against Alcoyano, I'm relieved we're staying in the 3rd tier. We will say goodbye to some of our older and declining players and will field an even younger squad next season. We would have no chance in the 2nd division.

Spoiler

Olot_Y2_playoff_semis.thumb.png.667b04a280ab8c3f0d8b92d6594fa1f0.png

Copa Del Rey

We made it to the 2nd round and welcomed Sevilla to our grounds. Obviously we didn't progress any further, but the extra gate receipt is much appreciated.

Youth Intake

The preview was promising. Especially an A on winger was tentalizing. The actual intake was kind of average. Lots of potential, but not that much in current ability. We signed 14 of them.

Spoiler

Olot_YI_Y2_preview.png.3b7e9f9ea097eb11fac42b0070bc392a.png

Spoiler

Olot_YI_Y2_overview.thumb.png.86914ecd7171a709da3d6c1c5fd638b8.png

Andreu Gaixas (AMLC/Balanced)

We don't have much depth at central midfield at the moment, so he will definitely be part of the rotation. 

Spoiler

Olot_Y2_Andreu_Gaixas.thumb.png.91016e2d4546bcdb68c2774c2a3c775f.png

Andrew Musa (DLR/Temperamental)

Our current right back is leaving at the end of the season, so he will definitely get his shot. We can only hope that mentoring might make him a bit less temperamental.

Spoiler

Olot_Y2_Andrew_Musa.thumb.png.8cccf0e4e958315e66def47f91e95558.png

Best XI

Momodou Janneh is by far our most important player, bagging 24 goals in the league. He's indispensable at the moment. On the left wing we see our first youth intake player breaking in the first XI in Antonio Molist.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.98a8f2066bd3a8ce3fadfe081f199f29.png

Finances and upgrades

So I'm starting to realize there's absolutely no money in the lower leagues in Spain. As a result we're currently about a 1M in debt., which means no upgrades whatsoever.

Transfers

Nothing in, a couple of loans out.

image.thumb.png.c2d257c005c9f036911d93bb5bca7968.png

Next season

Now the youth challenge really begins. We will be losing our starting right back, a centre half and a center mid. They wil be replaced with some players from the intake. Overall I feel really good about this team. The spine of the team is there. The issue is time. We need to go up better sooner than later so that we can grab some of that delicious TV money.

I notice a couple of weird things in my Olot save. Maybe people with experience managing in Spain know the answers? Maybe @Colossus?

- My U19 are not in a league, is that normal? Is there something I can do to have them join one?

- There is something called the Federation Cup for teams out of the 3rd and 4rd tier. However, for some reason we're not taking part in them. Does anyone know why?

Edit: Ignore my first question; they have been drawn into a league when starting the new season :-)

image.png.51647df548c76ee90ae0b589bd9ecd3a.png

Edited by Riebow

2 minutes ago, Riebow said:

I notice a couple of weird things in my Olot save. Maybe people with experience managing in Spain know the answers? Maybe @Colossus?

- My U19 are not in a league, is that normal? Is there something I can do to have them join one?

- There is something called the Federation Cup for teams out of the 3rd and 4rd tier. However, for some reason we're not taking part in them. Does anyone know why?

Obviously not Spain here, but my U18s didn't get a league until we actually got to the Scottish Premiership. Could be similar?

2 horas atrás, Riebow disse:

Edit: Ignore my first question; they have been drawn into a league when starting the new season :-)

I only took part in the Federation Cup on my 1st season, have no idea why or how to get qualified

Hi all. Just in case nobody has noticed yet, the boffins at SI Towers have tried to fix the confusion over whether Average was better than Adequate in terms of Facilities, (because in previous issues of the game it's been both), but in doing so they have just made it more confusing, (thanks @oriole01)

[Edit]

In the past, Average came before Adequate when talking about Junior Coaching. 
But it came after Adequate in Youth Recruitment. 
It also came after Adequate in both Training Facilities and Youth Facilities. 

The smart thing to do was to have changed Junior Coaching so that all 4 values were the same.

Instead what they have done is changed Youth Recruitment so that it's the same as Junior Coaching, but they are both now different to Training Facilities and Youth Facilities. 

This is what it used to be. 

1dbefe716b43c380510b0b5ecb884a43.png

This is what it is now. 

5f67da20351d2c6da737cfa1238e829f.png

Edited by Jimbokav1971

4 horas atrás, Riebow disse:

Ok, from a quick google search, the Copa Federacion is only for teams that did not qualify for the Copa del Rey. Which is strange, because you played in the Copa del Rey as did I when I played on the 1st season. Might just be a bug, tbqh.

Or maybe it's because we were Terceira Federacion teams in the previous year and then we got to the 4th tier? I do not know

Edited by Colossus

Oriental Dragon 2031/32

20231204212920_1.thumb.jpg.d83a0e0f324f126a574c925d99557f2b.jpg

Our first season in the top tier went way beyond my expectations. A really solid mid table finish and we were sneaking around the conference league spot for a while. I can already figure out that the main target for coming years is to be the fifth best team in the league. The usual suspects Sporting, Benfica and Porto are insanely good plus the surprise Estrela da Amadora, they havent had a tycoon takeover or anything, they just seem to have some great scouting or something.

Squad

20231204212958_1.thumb.jpg.b56480b1d8837ec6bf2203deb8cf904a.jpg

Almost all of the chinese national team is Oriental Dragon players now, so we are practically a chinese national team in the portugese league.

Top players

20231204213025_1.thumb.jpg.4f4a4efe499636d9872dd8fbcc68fa5d.jpg

20231204213038_1.thumb.jpg.c789f89771e030016577db9784019c6a.jpg

20231204213053_1.thumb.jpg.7bdf080b59688bfda5b88d628b949d6e.jpg

Youth Intake

20231203085809_1.thumb.jpg.f0715ebb8404a41a34d8dd8ba13208ff.jpg

20231203085814_1.thumb.jpg.1733c4147fd6dddca4673f4cf2513f18.jpg

History

20231204213144_1.thumb.jpg.733eed0fd15020c7616bdaca5f39d037.jpg

20 hours ago, Gonner said:

Fleury is known in France for having the biggest prison of the country and, if I am not mistaken, one of the biggest in Europe

I was watching Lupin last night and he mentioned being in prison in Fleury and i got all excited!

Thanks for the stadium explanation - i'm not complaining SI messed up this time :)

1 hour ago, WhiteCat33 said:

Could this be the year!?! We actually got a very reasonable opponent, but that's what happened last time and we have to play the game away to them in Mexico :( Wish me Luck!

image.png.9f2a6258e68f866522f6e087244426f3.png

Well that was embarrassing... What happens when your team has 1 Star striker and he's out injured + you play away at a packed stadium:

image.png.ac7de7136845752a9ec26bf5904797f0.png

image.png.f3676a4579cf55e3b2b1f8f2360b81da.png

image.png.c7d7e66ffc2cfc2a6750b9a2fac69326.png

Rein Meer AKA ReinBerg - Season 4 - Japan J3 League - End of Season Review - Hope?

League

Another season of regression in the league...BUT we have hope. My end of season form was pretty impressive 9 points out of 15 available. If I could continue that kind of form it is playoff place form. Of course that 60% ratio coincided with the youth intake which my anyones standards seems like it is a true golden generation, with multiple members of the intake starting or at least playing in the last month of the season. (Intake is the start of November).

image.thumb.png.808e0a649cd32b6dd46de631e42f44f4.png

The Squad

We are starting to integrate some youth into the first team now. I believe that next season I may have 3 or 4 of my youth intake (2 being in the most recent intake (YP04)) in the starting 11 and 6 in the squad. Mitsuki Kojima (YP04A) having a very impressive start to his ReinBerg career, with 4 starts and a 7.15 average rating. My Strikers have not been as good as in past season with my top scorer only getting 14, hopefully that is not a consistent problem, as I have had 0 good strikers come through the intakes (mostly wingers and defenders).

image.thumb.png.8befc43de9c6e978d39bc19759db7d99.png

image.thumb.png.0454e49b7519cfa0d6b3db0faad22898.png

Finances

We are still okay with our finances, however this may be on the turn, as we are signing more and more players from the Youth Intakes and we have had two Junior Coaching upgrades this season.

image.thumb.png.a8236703615b0af64de8359c48c1ca9f.png

Upgrades

Two Junior Coaching upgrades :)  One in the middle of season 4 and one near the start of Season 5 (some spoilers in the below image ;) )

image.thumb.png.3baaf94473ffcb891dccbc68b64634ad.png

image.thumb.png.d4e5c2d26e97fdfbee4b942214d11260.png

Edited by glennuk

Sociedad Deportiva Leioa

2SfDHMx.png

2034 / 2035 Mid Season Review / Youth Intake Preview

GpfoTuS.jpg

What a start to the season! Ander Martin is just another gravy, he has been carrying us and we might just sneak inbto Europe

OCUDpYW.jpg

Another great Intake Preview. A new CB would be nice and a possible backup Striker would allow me to shift some players around

@Daddy @glennuk thanks for the optimism, I need it after that resounding defeat. The team is super thin right now especially offensively so an ill-timed injury can derail it. 

I'd say we have 3 more seasons with this group as we have a large 27-30 year old cohort of starters. Thankfully we have a number of U18 players right now so our depth will improve each season. 

Hopefully our next chance we will be drawn as the home team instead of having to try and win in Mexico. 

22 minutes ago, Anners said:

Previous Post:

2049/50 Season Report

Club: Tranent FC (Scotland)
League: Scottish Premiership

image.png.65bf1c2ffe28f2b853a910daaa57f10d.png

League:

03749-50LeagueTable.thumb.PNG.359893802aea69b3576ac549f4769fe2.PNG

I'd say I was the biggest disaster in the league. Until I say St Johnstone finished 2nd, 4 points behind champions Celtic last year. This league is getting incredibly weird.

The only way I can describe this season, to which I would say 9th is flattering (especially given the points total), is that you see them teams that over achieve and get a European spot, then struggle to handle the games and the demand that comes with it? Yeah that was us. We had a massive injury crisis which led to Fordyce being out for 2/3rds of the season, Frimpong just couldn't stay fit and we couldn't keep the same 11 on the pitch. Add to that, the African Nations meant when Frimpong eventually got fit, he went away for a month too!

Europe:

Oooh, I've got a fancy Europe bit now! For one season anyway...

image.png.db7a2d04132f92f1797430d38a5a0df6.png

I was actually reasonably surprised we managed to get through Besiktas, given we were already picking up injuries at the point. We had to give a debut to Callum Liddell (who is mostly just reserves) who promptly scored a 15th minute goal in the away leg in Turkey which actually got us through. Then I don't even know what happened in the Maccabi Haifa game, but that was alright! Though you can mostly sum up my European adventure by saying Tranent 0-2 Fiorentina. Playing a team in the knockouts straight away that you've faced in the League Phase is a bit weird.

Youth Intake:

035YouthIntake2050.thumb.PNG.6e12a133035194aae23530cb9134b261.PNG

Very meh, probably the worst I've had in this save so far.

In other youth/team news though, we've had 3 players on the NXGN list:

036NXGN.PNG.366f171769f01a1d63639f08dcbe992a.PNG

Although quite soon after this, Blackburn activated Proychev's release clause, so we've sadly lost him. We do seem to have a fairly strong group of left backs, so it isn't a huge loss.

Facilities wise, we've managed to get a new stadium!

038TranentStadium.PNG.95c5e67a74e79f14cac0c8dd3d8638a1.PNG

Though I'm actually quite gutted by the name - I wanted at least a Legend/Icon named stadium. Foresters Park where we play now is being sold out every game with a 5,000 capacity so this should do nicely. It'll also mean if we get European football again we can play in our stadium as ours was too small.

And finally, we did get a takeover...... but not the Tycoon one sadly. It actually puts to bed the question of ownership as I don't think I've actually had this many attempts before?

image.png.cb52c048d42ded8233510f2d31745685.png

That's a lot of screenshots from me for a change - but we seem to be making that next step off the field. Now if we can only match that on the field!

Full History:

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.fc423e26c9e21918c18b859aafe2843a.png

Last 5 Years:

image.thumb.png.33ad20a9939176d61f33d2f019973587.png

Don't think you are too far away now. Been following your progress with great interest. I'll eventually re-start my challenge in Scotland after a Bilbao save I have got going.

16 minutes ago, Skora11 said:

Don't think you are too far away now. Been following your progress with great interest. I'll eventually re-start my challenge in Scotland after a Bilbao save I have got going.

Thanks! The St Johnstone relegation has actually unnerved me a bit, shows how wild this league is getting for some reason! It's actually somewhat predictable, Celtic/Rangers/Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen - with 1 of these 5 usually having a meltdown and being replaced by a random team. 5 of the last 6 titles have been won by each of those teams so the league itself is certainly now anyones at the start of the season!

The most interesting news is that Thomas Scott is currently being eyed up by Inter in the January transfer window and his value is up at £110m. Oh please!!

mGT5FPs.png

2030/31 Midseason Review - Belgian Third Tier - Season 7 

6hyC9iC.png

This looks worse than it is. 

Mlz1jov.png

Very impressively underperforming. After rattling off a nine-game stretch where I lost 6 and drew the other three with a total of six goals scored I knew I had to figure something out or it was over, so I did something I've never done. I watched the full games at slow speed. Because of work, I could only do it in 5-minute batches so it took all day to finish two matches. However, I was able to observe my tactics and drilled down on a few role changes and position instructions. In the seven games that have followed, some after the screenshots above were taken, the team has won three, drawn three, and lost only one. I recommend this to anyone struggling with tactics, or just curious about them. Full match in slow and you can isolate players and see how they're behaving. 

K3aTmrG.png

I just need someone that can score. The team lacks finishing quality. 

1 hour ago, glennuk said:

Love the dedication @Daddy. I may need to do the same next time I go on a bad run of form

I really want to make this save work. I want to spite the bad finances in Belgium and complete the challenge. 

EDIT: The other thing I did with my testing was I saved the tactic and tested it with Man City and Luton to see how the tactic performed with better players. Man City finished 4th and had the fewest goals scored in the league. Luton gave up 15ish fewer goals with my tactic than they did with the Man City trial. I immediately set all responsibilities to staff, set the tactic, and holidayed to end of season for my tests.

Edited by Daddy

End of Season Review

Season 2024/25

FC United of Manchester

yItyio0.png 

Season Summary

We clearly overachieved this year by qualifying for the promotion playoffs.  We were not so good in the cups, however.

Season Details

League Table - By finished sixth, we not only qualified for the promotion playoffs, we also exceeded all expectations set for us by both the board and the fans.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We were very well placed until January, when we went on a two month winless run.  We turned it around and finished the season on fire, winning ten straight league matches.

Promotion Playoffs - It proved a game too far as Kings Lynn Town beat us by the odd goal in a five goal thriller.

F. A. Cup - We crashed out at the fourth qualifying round stage as Gosport Borough, who play at the same level as we do though in the South division, beat us on their own patch.

F. A. Trophy - Fellow Vanarama National League North outfit Alfreton Town dumped us out at our first hurdle, the second round.

Friendlies - Five wins and five draws show we had a mixed time of it during pre season.

Squad - We overperformed by a considerable margin as we lack depth and quality all over the pitch.

Squad Dynamics - This is rather good though the support for me is only average, so work to be done!

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - Two players left on free transfers as they received offers from elsewhere.

Youth Candidates - It was a great intake, with central defender Dave Day YP25A1 being the pick of the group.

Finances - We made a healthy profit which has allowed the club to improve its youth academy.

Key Players

Max Cane - A return of 31 goals in 50 appearances represent a fabulous season from our main striker.

Michael Donohue - Predominently playing in central midfield, he was excellent.

Callum Gribbin - Supposedly our best player, the former Manchester United man declined considerably the more season went on.

Luke Griffiths - Comfortable as either a central midfielder or playing the anchor role, he had a good campaign.

Charlie Munro - The midfielder was inconsistent and was in and out of the side as a result.

Next Season

I think a repeat is an unreasonable expectation, so the aim is for a comfortable mid table season.

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          24 June 2024             30 June 2025         £750 p/w          £600 p/w
2024/25          28 March 2025             30 June 2026         £775 p/w ↑        £600 p/w =

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att  Def  Fit  GkD  GkH  GkS  Tac  Tec  Men  SeP  WWY  Ada  Det  PlK  YoK  LoD  PeM  Mot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.50*)     None                 1    1    1    1    1    1    1    3    1    1    3    1    1    1    2    2    2    2
2024/25    Minimal = (0.50*) =   None =               3 ↑  3 ↑  1 =  1 =  1 =  1 =  3 ↑  4 ↑  3 ↑  1 =  3 =  1 =  3 ↑  3 ↑  4 ↑  2 =  4 ↑  4 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Youth Level  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
At Start   Basic                Basic                  4       Adequate              Fairly Basic     Basic              Local   (1.00*)
2024/25    Basic =              Basic =                4 =     Adequate =            Good         ↑↑↑ Above Average ↑↑↑  Local = (1.00*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25      52        26       11       15         121              97                 +24              50.00%

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
2024/25          52        26       11       15         121              97                 +24              50.00%             304 days

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     F.A. Cup                    Carabao Cup        Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Vanarama National League North        6th       Fourth Qualifying Round         N/a            Lost in promotion playoffs first round.  F. A. Trophy second round.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25    Dave Day YP25A1                                 5

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25    Sam Wilford YP25F6                            5

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Assists
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25    Jordi Parreño YP25D4                          2

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
2024/25    No one                                           0

IFK Lidingö Season 8 / 2031

image.jpeg.05231cb1a28f6575d9645f9dfa72675e.jpeg

After finishing 4th and 3rd previous two seasons, I was hoping we could fight for pomotion playoffs this season. Allmost all hopes of promotion were thrown away after just eight matches and five losses. After that we made a great comeback just to finish one point short of promotion playoffs.

In cup we lost on second round.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.3b782482932793ebc330960a1a0f1cfb.png

After bad start of campaign I was planning to sell Philip Palmén 28A as he was not willing to renew his contract. I decided to keep him as he wasn't worth that much and he might eventually sign a new contract. Well.. now he's gone and we are lacking one quality winger.

Frej Ahlin 27D had a fine season with 11 assist as DL. Jonatan Sletsjøe 30A took over central midfield duties and scored 11 goals and 5 assists. Ömerhan Küçük 28C scored 10 goals as striker. Thomas Meunier 27A and Emil Starfelt 29A also had fine seasons as wingers. I've been wery impressed with Frej Ahlin 27D's development so far, I never tough he could develop so much as semi-pro.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.2391dda3238e85dc6e57cce7be0f03d5.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.67f308771fc16e71568b23507f588661.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.19c73e4fdfc56bc1d110d6e90c0097ce.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.935334b5cd06196508c1f5c10be807a1.png

Youth prewiev was promising some quality central defenders, but I guess HOYD was just joking once again. we are really lacking some CD as Hugo Lemne is 32y and declining and no one really challenging for his place. Actual intake was fine. Andreas Söderström immediately took his place in rotation.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.696b60e1f63e322e2413db9a13817590.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f4242abf5c8652145724258075acdaf5.png

No major changes off the field. finances and facilities pretty much the same as before.

transfers

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.448e9a9b9928d7f4f68dff7db148baaf.png

Per-Olev

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.0a6890c2838ae9d060f9003eb626e6a4.png

I was quite suppriced after the season. We were drawn into 1st Division South instead of North as usual.

image.png.149bc8d7840757055a69d2ddc81af6ed.png