The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

5 hours ago, Skora11 said:

You seem to be getting plenty elite talents recently. Hopefully a golden generation to come in the next few seasons.

Yes its really needed with the aging first team squad

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

390px-ARA_FC_logo.svg.png

2033/34 End of Season Review

9362053dec9ceb4bd51fc67bcd1822a0.png

115117a9a1f1e7027a00b7c5ce8d3be6.png

9e7b73c9ac985f384b39054cf63ad40b.png

ATK Mohun Bagan, the bane of my existence :lol: They won every single league game to win the league, being drawn against them in the Super Cup meant we had no chance of qualifying for the semi final and they beat us in the Durand Cup final. Great. And to top it all off, despite being so superior in the league they still weren't good enough to make it out of their Champions League group!

77fcf86fa9616a3600c5aee0ecc83f2a.png

137853657c51baf9021a263ec38e963e.png

Which neither did we, the Champions League is a massive step up from the AFC Cup, Al-Ettifaq were last seasons runners up, thankfully we were able to do the double over Hala who managed to lose 11-2 at home to Al-Ettifaq & 7-0 away to Al-Wahda!

58ea7901f75a490d44be408f3e36b3e2.png

3f7c84f98a57f4e18751b02a374bb671.png

55e6610230b6431ec5e239f2af00d4b6.png

b9673086af891c08628c38f4d7f6ffae.png

e2abdab27dd8173922f32f9f93019074.png

Looks like we get a new first choice goalkeeper.

1f4a35fd2d1f435e0dc4d3416e9c8ba3.png

34270b4ef1e801e664401555a3e0764d.png

1f29df4b75dde01071826fc1c5d81dfa.png

abc8ea19af22694452c0e7136e2b0b56.png

d6524cc169789730526ed871b43e047a.png

aff87b3d936e91a8e65546def2407983.png

Overall Best XI

0ca7385e0f05f6a5f3d7e27b41aa226b.png

2032/33 Best XI

fc9fd9d792752fe4d0270cd57aee40d7.png

Rahul Hazra (YP7c)

Ganesh Khan (YP7a) - Sachin Akhtar (YP9a) - Thomas Fernandes (YP3b)

James Pereira (YP3a) - William Das (YP6c) - Noel Singh (YP9b) - Rahul Rana (YP6e)

Ayaan Shaikh - Michael Rabha (YP1a) - Surinder Shaikh (YP2a)

129dc7c7f67c0179b3e3d4f1f72061af.png

9 hours ago, naterr said:

Congrats on the AFC Cup win - big achievement! 

I have just qualified for it too so this has given me more hope that we won't get embarrassed by the other teams!

Thanks Naterr! There's a definite gulf in quality so best of luck! :D 

10 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

Excellent season there @Daddy, great to see you were able to stem the outward flow and it’s now got you the second champions league spot :thup:

Now it’s just a case of building towards overthrowing Sparta, pretty much where I am in Northern Ireland now trying to do the same with Linfield 10 seasons in.

Do you get beaten consistently by Sparta or are you managing to take points off them?

image.thumb.png.8367a0ecadaae025f4e81c20c6299100.png

Still some work to do there, but we've had some hints of success against them.

4 hours ago, hubwub said:

I'm confused as to why my LNC file for changing Youth Players names isn't working.

"CHANGE_PLAYER_NAME" r-2002070109 "Adrián" "" "Reyes Y0A"

This is not changing in the game for the regens in my club. What am I doing wrong?

Removed the "r-". For some reason that's not needed in the rename file, only for images.

image.png.338fef48dd0b20302b098ddef50b0cf3.png

7 minutes ago, Padders said:

Bit of an odd one with the board, who basically decided to bank £306M!

image.png.57f25ad51e714fad1c93fb5c48c1b747.png

Probably because you have a lot of money, and I think the financial number is on a 32-bit number, so if it went over about 2.2 billion, it would overflow into the same number negative. So this is likely a precautionary step for the game to avoid going out of bounds number-wise.

FM23*

256px-Logo_CATANIA_FC_svg.png.07a1918c07b50f123a980f58fd09e0ad.png

Catania - Season 1 – 2022/23

Like Kevin Durant in 2016, I have chosen the hardest path. He joined the Warriors, and I joined Catania for my new YAC save. There are numerous reasons why I picked them. They are just a boat away from my last unsuccessful save with Jadran Luka Ploče in Croatia. Catania was once a good first division team in Italy. But then came 2022 and bankruptcy, which sent them all the way down to the fourth tier. They have great training facilities, good youth ones and their junior coaching, as well as youth recruitment are average. They also never won a major trophy, which we will hopefully change.

The squad itself looks pretty good. There is a core of 11 starters and a 3 or 4 talented pieces of the bench which could improve. Our two best players were Salah, a goalkeeper, and Sarao a veteran target forward. Salah looks impressive given his age and our level. Hoping he stays our No1 for at least the first five or six years. This made me very optimistic about our first season. We were also predicted to finish quite high -seventh.

The team had absolutely no staff. So, I roll up the sleeves and started hiring. Like in the previous two saves, I opted for a high professionalism only staff. I can’t believe how easy it was to find staff who had the right level of professionalism but also the level of quality needed. From day one, or two, we had average or better coaching for every category, with 17/20 training facilities. Never been more pumped and enthusiastic for a save! I was even reunited with my DoF from my Deportivo Armenio save and signed former French international William Gallas for 20K a year. Must have fallen on hard times, the poor bloke.

We played brilliant for most of the season. We had multiple streaks of 5+ unbeaten. Always around the top, but never on it. There were hopes and opportunities to claim the throne, but we simply couldn’t snatch it. The worst one of all was this game against Trapani. After that horrible Fmed result it kind of sent us in a downwards spiral, losing most of our last 10 games. In the end we finished seventh in the league. In the meaningless playoffs we passed the first round, but lost in the second

The youth intake preview was, to quote Larry David, pretty pretty good. It promised at least six elite prospects, none of them playing the same position. Ideal for this type of save. The actual intake gaves us 4 elite talents, with 5 top talents. Like the American educational system ill only focus on the elite kids. Alberto Mora can play striker and AMR. He is a very dribbly boy with good off ball movement. Will train him as a Inverted winger on attack in the MR role so he gives us more options. Stefano Curci is an unathletic but very mentally savvy defender who can cover both DC and DR. Going to train him as a Central defender since we lack depth there. Vicedomini is a very raw prospect with a bit of technique passing and decisions. Squillante is both slow and weak but has a very impressive technical and mental make up for a deeplaying forward.  Hope the 3 fickle of them have a good level of professionalism.

Manuel Sarao was out best goalscorer, getting 18 in 36.

Michele Somma was our best rated player with 7,24, which lead him to the Team of the Year and Defender of the Year

Giovinco was our best creator with 10 assists in 41 games.

My plans for next season are to repeat the success of the current one.  Keep developing the newgens that are close to 2 stars and hopefully keep our squad, especially the goalkeeper.

Using the avatar of my legendary Welsh goalkeeper from my Merthyr Town save, the same one I used for the Jadran Luka Ploče save.

Edited by resurectedja

So in my tenth season I am pushing Linfield all the way this time, they had 3 games in hand and were 7 points behind thanks to them progressing in Europe and domestic cups but somehow they just kept winning (apart from a loss to Larne recently) and find themselves back on top after the split.

S10-TitleRunIn.png.b97725a7d59ac307d348468480c2830d.png

I have 3 away matches in the split but crucially I am at home to Linfield on the second last day. As you can see though they are better at attacking and defending so I just have to hope that they get injuries or just have a bad game or two and I have to make sure I push them all the way.

League Two in 3 seasons is good going @darren1983

The legend that is Danny Mills cannot be allowed to retire :herman:

Green 26A looks like a really decent prospect, pretty well rounded striker (provided you play low crosses given he's 5'5" and has 5 jumping!)

spacer.png
Club de Deportes Limache - Campeonato Nacional Ascenso Betsson - 2024

CLUB: PROFILE | FACILITIES | HONOURS | BOARD VISION | SUPPORTERS | FINANCES

MANAGER: PROFILE | ATTRIBUTES

spacer.png

High expectations for the first season. Reach playoffs is a strong ask.

There is no additional staff in the club. There is only the Club President, the Chief Doctor, and myself. So hiring new staff is a must.

Youth Academy

spacer.png

This is the Youth Intake prior to me taking over. It could be worse. Peter Mirosevic Y0C and Maximiliano Alfaro Y0I are the highlights for me.

spacer.png

spacer.png

51 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

League Two in 3 seasons is good going @darren1983

The legend that is Danny Mills cannot be allowed to retire :herman:

Green 26A looks like a really decent prospect, pretty well rounded striker (provided you play low crosses given he's 5'5" and has 5 jumping!)

Yeah it's easily the quickest I've done it, think progress will start to slow now though.

Mills is so good. He's physical beast which is why I think he scores so many at this level - 101 goals in 130 leagues games sine I took over. It's crazy. 

Greene is the other end of the scale when it comes to height. I'm thinking a 4231 rather than my normal 433 might be on the cards with Greene. Having a playmaker and 2 wide players cutting in to give him support and ideally slip in through balls to cover for his lack of height. Going to play around with it in pre season. 

genuine question here, how are some players getting through seasons so quickly? I struggle to fit in playing the game with work and home commitments and when I do play I maybe get through a few months at best, a season a week is about as much as I can manage.

Do players use instant matches or each game at full speed?

I average a season every other day, three at most. I work from home and my job allows many quick little breaks, so I frequently hit next a lot. I also find FM to be the perfect game to play while watching TV, right now I'm watching the Phillies game and playing, I don't like just watching TV so I need to be playing something.

9 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

genuine question here, how are some players getting through seasons so quickly? I struggle to fit in playing the game with work and home commitments and when I do play I maybe get through a few months at best, a season a week is about as much as I can manage.

I tend to instant result most matches minus cup finals but it also helps that I have a really good PC. I can probably get through 5 seasons in a day if I have a day off work.

19 minutes ago, Matsusipida said:

Does anyone have a good formation to field six goalkeepers? I might need a one after a couple of seasons. 

image.thumb.png.646603149bb804792e500df74b827fda.png

Ask the Scotland manager Steve Clarke, that's the next logical step for him after last night :lol:

11 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

Yeah, a season a week is about the quickest I can progress too, and that's with some instant results and viewing some matches on comprehensive highlights on just over avg. speed (normally continental, big cup games and the occasional important league game).  I do handle all contracts, training, talk to players before all games to boost morale, control friendlies (albeit using instant results normally) and have quite a few playable leagues.  So I guess that will slow things down a bit.

I quite like taking it slow tbh.  I find I get more immersed that way.

53 minutes ago, syemo said:

Trying to pick a nation and decided to see what nations have been done from the HOF list

Screenshot 2024-06-15 095136.png

I think RUS teams are unable to enter euro comps, unless SI changed something?

Indonesia is fun, I'd recommend a save there.

@Neo_Geoforgot to mention that I use this to help move things along a little bit quicker.  I don't select the fewer stops in play option as I like to jump in if I see something that needs attention:

image.png.917b8b25853b7e6a204e13317f570b4f.png

30 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

@Neo_Geoforgot to mention that I use this to help move things along a little bit quicker.  I don't select the fewer stops in play option as I like to jump in if I see something that needs attention:

Never used that feature, may try that out cheers

2 hours ago, JAwtunes said:

I use that too, helps when you multitask and don't pay attention to FM 100% of the time. I have one issue with it though, whenever game stops simulating it jumps to next unread message but with auto continue it can sometimes skip a lot of messages so I need to look back through them (that are already marked as read) just to not miss anything improtant. Is there any workaround, maybe you can change it somewhere in setting so it won't go to inbox as default?

16 minutes ago, Ron_Swanson said:

I use that too, helps when you multitask and don't pay attention to FM 100% of the time. I have one issue with it though, whenever game stops simulating it jumps to next unread message but with auto continue it can sometimes skip a lot of messages so I need to look back through them (that are already marked as read) just to not miss anything improtant. Is there any workaround, maybe you can change it somewhere in setting so it won't go to inbox as default?

Im not aware of a workaround - perhaps worth raising a bug report?

I tend to control everything, so there is normally something I need to respond to every few days and I never have more than a few messages that I need to skip back and read.  In the off season it can be more of a pain, especially if I miss an offer coming in for a coach and come back to find he has left without me knowing :)

20 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

Im not aware of a workaround - perhaps worth raising a bug report?

I tend to control everything, so there is normally something I need to respond to every few days and I never have more than a few messages that I need to skip back and read.  In the off season it can be more of a pain, especially if I miss an offer coming in for a coach and come back to find he has left without me knowing :)

I don't think it's a bug per se, just a slight inconvenience

Anyway, time to post last season update :)

129571.png.d549cae840fed84b216d0871c7ce3ce4.png

Stal Stalowa Wola - Poland - PKO Ekstraklasa - season 4 - 2027/28

Very nice group, but again 2/3 of best youngsters are unambitious.

s27intakepreview.png.8a7e49f19bbaea89806eecbbe1a6821d.png

s27intake.thumb.png.ee4395f078a8159163be56db46de4d04.png

We finished midtable but only thanks to great performance after winter break. We have pretty nice depth in offensive formation so I need to keep some of youngsters in u19 team and they just almost won top tier of Polish youth league finnishing 2nd just 1pt behind Legia.

s27table.png.abe281f16a30887f9c0d0ca8b47546d8.png

s27squad.thumb.png.029324a35c9e0b814c6fb19bcbf7146a.png

Junior coaching and recruitment already maxed out, and we're the only club in the whole country to get them both 20/20

s27juniorcoachingupgrade.png.61c69684acb4fe1aa1e5cfbc08c44044.png

s27recruitmentupgrade.png.f9145f5fd71dc0ca45a513a8fba20747.png

Training facilities also being upgraded constantly, twice this season. But second time, after all bonuses were paid out, my request was accepted, just the next day our youth facilities got downgraded and we had not enough money left to get them back so we need to wait probably a whole year until we can afford it.

s27trainingfacilitiesupgrade.png.24b5c725de4d9e5d4b119d9217feb71e.png

s27trainingfacilitiesupgradeagain.png.4f8e9935d772775b1813dcff25cc435d.png

s27youthfacilitiesdowngrade.png.bcd957395d4f9d7e7c36939ad2dff742.png

s27finances.png.015fb3d7539fa586ad9677ced4992063.png

s27office.thumb.png.15df3ee9de98784f358dfd55d48958dd.png

20 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

I IR dead rubber games, but other than that play at almost full speed (I slow down if needed) and often 2D too. Got a quick-ish computer and work a lot from home and I some times have some dead time to get in a match or two. Also, the wife also like to play some pc games too, so after the kid is put to bed, it's usually game night every night here! :D 

22 hours ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

I tend to instant result most matches minus cup finals but it also helps that I have a really good PC. I can probably get through 5 seasons in a day if I have a day off work.

The way one sets up the save is also important. My laptop isn't all that great, but I always load the nation i play in as the only league. I load a lot of players, similar to how Second Yellow Card sets his build a nation saves. Takes a minute or two to go through a week and the match I have on max speed and key highlights in 2D unless its an important game. The match takes around 3-5 minutes. So in a hour i can easily go through a month and a half or two. The less clubs in the playable leagues the faster the progress as well. Argentina and Croatia are excellent parallels. In the first and second division in Argentina there are over 60 clubs in total. So in a given day you can be simulation 30 games at worst. In Croatia, there are 22 clubs in total in the top two leagues and on a week to week basis there are less matches that need processing, which leads to much faster progress.

390px-ARA_FC_logo.svg.png

2037/38 End of Season Review

aa983114dc2b8a008bd624e1ffb6e535.png

995f29774ac58a56c8d60924daa9bca1.png

3ae190407d5bbff714b8a2ce75e4bbec.png

We entered the Champions League at an even earlier round but we still get drawn against a Qatari side...and it's another early exit. :( In the league there's no change as it's still just the Mohun Bagan & Mumbai City show, maybe one day we'll be able to get to their level!

a58f4a80fe3f6ceb62c329cae39f40cd.png

cb636e31b386aba6e19221175250088c.png

1a4f2222b50884bab6efbfc741f88444.png

229365adcdafd094fe54cbf017226e7e.png

3a8bb264a6648231cd3ca90d50f15551.png

Well this intake brings us a lot of future wingbacks. :lol:

838a2e114faf7e762d72e321412ab001.png

b392a56e5cdacfd619a811cee606b22b.png

3e1e18c1aaf14de22f82f933549fa1f5.png

f05d59f0901381783fc135e5858a8dfe.png

4423fc4a82dd7f4261644677c997b764.png

21e6067423970e4e0dc841496f7f6352.png

Overall Best XI

569740f156a35c4a8924a340204c55c8.png

2037/38 Best XI

6499410153a7a281e7988551de74d354.png

Baljit Raj (YP10a)

Ganesh Khan (YP7a) - Sachin Akhtar (YP9a) - Raja Choudhury (YP8c)

James Pereira (YP3a) - Joe Bannerjee (YP11e) - Charles Dey (YP12d) - Mario Singh (YP12b)

Surinder Shaikh (YP2a) - Michael Rabha (YP1a) - Roshan Fernandes (YP6a)

10603a048c14f5632baad1b964ba3ee5.png