The FM22 Youth Academy Challenge

4 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

Will those players get another face after every time I generate them ?

Not if you change the mode to 'preseve'. That makes sure all those players you already gave faces to keep the same faces. It's the worst thing remembering to change the mode every time, i'm so paranoid i'll forget one time.

Not done staff yet, not sure why not. I might start but weirdly i've never been that bothered about their faces!

Edited by libbyshuss

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RAAL_La_Louviere.png.500debb7e7646948a40b88921e2887c7.png

RAAL La Louviere - Belgian Pro League A (Season 6)

League Performance

So I definitely underestimated how dreadful the bottom 1/3 of Pro A is as we came in 10th with a 11-12-11 record which is not even close to the guaranteed regulation the media seems to think we deserve. The two players to step it up was Julle Kiala 26b my 6'5" CB who fully filled in for our lost star and pulled off 6 near-post corner goals with his height this season. The second surprise was Rene Jehl 25e who began the season just okay, but his development has been exponential with multiple months with full +1 attribute buffs. He also has 20 aggression but managed to only get 5 yellows so that was a pleasant surprise. He's much better defensively than my lost star, which was crucial for us. A little point of pride was our first season up we finished ahead of Antwerp who the board forced 2 sales to in earlier seasons. Francis Lebrun even came on against us off the bench. Another team that did well was RKC Waalwijk who secured promotion into Eredivisie so there is no cap on Makengo's next sale. He's also become a staple on the U-21 team, so I'm hoping for one of the big guys comes and spends for him as we'll get 50% of that fee.

1167046587_2028ProACompetition.thumb.jpg.6e2ac3f98236b8d5cd3ad6302e173f27.jpg 

image.png.29f5d6e4a157597c0645f34d99c610d1.png  image.png.bc17eefe91e58bef2f9429e1a151aac3.png  

Also I chuckled when I saw our Passing performance in the league. Tiki-Taka skew this so hard. Also I hate how the Data Hub resets when you advance a league. Annoying to re-add everything.

image.png.894352247f95e6b8c89b5784e3e46a07.png

Reminds me I've never shown my tactic, this is what I've been running all save:

image.png.70525910cff31f94ab15ebe1100aba8b.png

Youth Network Upgrades

Unsurprisingly the Board has rated me an A+ for my management this season. And with that confidence I got some much delayed improvements to the club. Now we have Excellent JR coaching (+2) and Average Recruitment (+1). We are still broke so no training upgrades. The biggest boon though for youth intake was the Board let me pick our affiliate club. And I found a gem affiliate in Slovakia: Senica. And by the end of the season that scouting & loan link was re-negotiated so so now I have a serious presence in Slovakia! Also this will be perfect for developing my 18-21 year olds just not first team capable as since the league isn't loaded the team only has 7 players so anyone I send there should get loads of matches and still have a full professional training regimen.

584970874_2028Affiliate-Seinica.thumb.jpg.5095a35d7474ddb34c8f1e679c2be11f.jpg  

1764012580_2028AffiliateSenicayouths.thumb.jpg.d605681adb5c1ac1bd5ed44f9adef755.jpg

Youth Intake

We got a great preview this year, which had me excited on the possible center of the park improvements it promised. Note the Lots of strikers but no promise...

1207804965_2028YIPreview.thumb.jpg.73875f138fdc5f5770dd89f883b2edf8.jpg

They lied. We got two strikers who will be swapping with each other for first team with Awesome Personalities. Honestly the rest are just going into the youth team for development especially all the bad personalities there. I really need to swap out my HYOD but he is so much cheaper than any that would be an improvement. I pay him 73k a year. For the talent he's pulling in that's money well spent. To get a good personality with his other stats looks to be 350k+ and we still need to pinch every penny till big sponsors start coming in.

1416251451_2028YouthRoster.thumb.jpg.1da366fea492b355bc7b93892d525de5.jpg

Wang Siyuan 28b our second nationality Chinese striker has Perfectionist with 16 acceleration already with acceptable additional stats so he will be hands down faster than anyone else on my team. Then we have the taller Didier Gailard 28a who already has better finishing than my current striker with Mercenary. I forget exactly what that denotes but I thought its just low loyalty and then high range on the rest. Anyways this is perfect timing as my 30 year old legacy striker broke his foot at the end of the season so I'm expecting a steep decline when he returns.

image.png.85fcdbbde9ce69c3dd945c6d6f6a3db8.png  image.png.a25b8c257f01ca20d88da81ffc3013a4.png

Manager Thoughts

What I thought was going to be a stressful season was a true pleasure. We pulled off upsets against the top teams with wins and draws while still having the classic head scratching losses with lower teams. I don't see how we will ever get relegated with that at the bottom of the league. What's cool about Pro A is the ECL is actually a playoff round with teams 5-8. So next year the goal is to make it just that bit higher to try and win a European spot. These new strikers will be so helpful for achieving that. 

image.thumb.png.fd243bfcfbf0a388ecc5b82dea75f1f7.png

Edited by WhiteCat33

Season 2026-2027:

Another season in the books. At this point im up to date again with the game, so let's see if i can keep up this time. 

Transfers:

20211030220709_1.thumb.jpg.e2e83fd387bcee6fb3d4604fd528f37b.jpg

So first season after promotion is allways a hard one. But we managed just fine tbh. Never in any trouble and that mostly came because Gega scored at the right moments and Eroglu gave a decent amount of goals and assists to. I am worried im gonna lose them though, Eroglu only has 1 year left and he doesnt wants to sign a new contract. Ill just keep him and try my best, cause after getting like 8/9 millies prizemoney, the money aint the issue. We also improved our youth development and scouting.

20211030220720_1.thumb.jpg.c5bf7865e87340254a68d68981de01b3.jpg

Stats:

20211028161740_1.thumb.jpg.b12da5730b53fb6d8ae05901b336e7c0.jpg

Preview time, as earlier mentioned, we had a banger of a preview. I reckon they dont get much better:

20211028151403_1.thumb.jpg.68634998953a0e795ba3d192a2b93226.jpg

That intake comes:

20211028155537_1.thumb.jpg.6fc3d0717b47827666adca5a8f70fa6d.jpg

It is a bit meh tbh. I dont see the VC talents tbh, Ostrowski aint that special. But Ross and Bogdan might make it in the team rather sooner then later. 

Ross:

20211030220829_1.thumb.jpg.2b0d4ef7a58d8924f03a1fb4c4fa6e1d.jpg

Bogdan:

20211030220823_1.thumb.jpg.9db8732e45a5f185becb4e78dca6ce4b.jpg

Forro, i think he wil get a spot to. My coaches dont see it, but i got a thing for him. 

20211030220848_1.thumb.jpg.f96a99a304d6f575e47f81e2a6616ce6.jpg

Most apps Newgen: Eroglu (75)

Most goals Newgen: Gega ( 25)

Beira Mar youth intake 27/28 season might just have given me the striker that will provide the goals to get us to the big time and beyond and the centre back who will stop them (Sousa and Galinier):

338425014_Youth2728.thumb.PNG.d183a524a0f4cb48be33405e78c4ca97.PNGSS.thumb.PNG.69773bc9cfac924f4f11af65d83c4692.PNG1318143866_CCnew.thumb.PNG.d29d941d6ac933c53d02aed37857b950.PNGPB.thumb.PNG.135ec98a5fc0e87505be9eb89a7d512d.PNGTP.thumb.PNG.491a07a114bcd9b1d5428e8e4f05ad1b.PNGSG.thumb.PNG.76186d5fb99e679097af7960cdee5868.PNG

10 hours ago, Nottingham Forest said:

Have never known it to be this tough. Nothing works tactically and I’m unsure whether I have the ability to get through a season.

Gotta keep at it. For this challenge is one big exercise in futility. I'm already on my third restart, after being sacked twice with my hometown team...

Decided to end my Deportes Conception save.  After winning the 2nd division in my second season, I started the first season in the First division by winning against Colo Colo away 6-1.  I was surprised since Colo Colo are supposed to be the favourites to win the title.  After that, I went on a 25 game beaten run.  I could not do anything to stop it.  Changed some tactics, went defensive, changed players, even tried Instant Result to see if that will make a difference, nothing.  So I was dead last and in contention for relegation.  However the thing that annoyed me the most was that in 3 intakes, I only ever had 2 players that made the first team.  Now I had a youth save with Conception at the end of FM21, which I did not document here since I was sure I would not finish the challenge before FM 22, and the intakes were much better. In 5 seasons, I had won the 2nd division, won the Sudamericana, was always challenging for the title, but most of all had decent intakes which made the game enjoyable.  Also in Chile last year, I used to have good TV rights in the first division, however in this version, although mentioned in the beginning of the season, never had any "good" money from TV rights as last edition, with the result that I could not update anything.  And above all, I was not feeling the save.  So I have decided to try Brasil next

1320374138_RacingMechelen.png.575b02c3e15abd525f7705d344b29ddd.png

Racing Mechelen - First Amateur Division - Season 2027-2028

Predicted: 15th

Final position :3th

Play-offs

We started the season with a win, but after that we could only win 1 game in the next 5. So after 7 games we were involved in a relegation battle. But suddenly our resulst improved. We didn't loose in the next 9 game, and also didn't conceed in those 9 games, an incredible run. This good run saw us rising in the standings and we were battling for the play-offs. The second part of the season we didn't collapse, and we ended the season in 3th position only 2 pints behind the leaders Lokeren-Temse. We entered the play-offs, but the team was exhausted. We were the worst team in the play-offs and ended 3th. An incredible achievement, but also a bit disappointed about the play-offs. But in the end it would have to early to get promoted, as this team is not ready for the second division.

I also won manager of the season.

Games 1

Games 2

Cup: Again, I didn't care about the cup, but just as last season we reached the 6th, and we were drawn against 1th division team Union. The way much better and won 2-0

Youth intake: the preview was not as good as last year. But the actual intake wasn't to bad (screenshot from the actual intake and of the youngsters are from the end of the season as I forgot to take screenhot during the intake)

Mauro Michel (YP2a): GK

Issam Loune (YP2b): AML, and will be a starter next season as he is already the best AML in our squad

Nathan Thys (YP2c): DC/DR Will get some game time next season as 2 defenders of the team didn't want to sign a new contract and will leave at the end of the season.

Tim Vercammen (YP2d): DR will get some game time next season

Sander Leemans (YP2e): AMC At the moment I took the screenshot he had the most * of the youngsters, but to be true I can't see why.

Transfers: None

Finances: Still terrible. The board pumped in 400k during the season, but we are over 600k in red. The board also cut the wage budget (and at the start of the new season again lowered it to 9k, so we are almost 2k over our budget. I'm afraid that the board will interfear when other teams wants our youngsters. 

Goal for next season: I hope to get into the play-offs again

Tycoon watch: At the start of their first season in the first division Patro Eisden were predicted up to 5th position. In the end they "only" fnished 12th

14 hours ago, OlivierL said:

Just tested it myself , i'm a bit old school about giving a regen a fake (but a downloaded fake) face but this would save me a lot of time.  Do you replace only the faces after every intake from your own team ? or do you do a player search and do it for all the new players from every club after intake dates ?

I replace all the newgen faces in the game.  As the video says, I add the Holiday Manager so that i can get all the newgens, do the search with his filter, save the file and then preserve the ones I already generated.  When you get used to it, it takes maybe 5 minutes every intake.  Its a very good software in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, jmonfu said:

I replace all the newgen faces in the game.  As the video says, I add the Holiday Manager so that i can get all the newgens, do the search with his filter, save the file and then preserve the ones I already generated.  When you get used to it, it takes maybe 5 minutes every intake.  Its a very good software in my opinion.

Yes i tested it at my FM21 save(s) and it works great.

Will save me a lot of (copying ID number - notepad - looking for a good regen picture ) time.. :) 

1 minute ago, OlivierL said:

Will save me a lot of (copying ID number - notepad - looking for a good regen picture ) time.. :) 

Since I started using it, I never used anything else. The only worry I have is that one time I will forget to choose the preserve and I will overwrite everything.  But so far so good :)

16 minutes ago, jmonfu said:

13 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

I honestly love it, think it's the best programme ever for those of us that like long term saves as it helps with the immersion so much. Once you've done it a couple of times it's so quick to do. I used to do it on whatever day my youth intake came in, once a year, 2 or 3 minutes and the game looks so much better.

1 hour ago, darren1983 said:

I honestly love it, think it's the best programme ever for those of us that like long term saves as it helps with the immersion so much. Once you've done it a couple of times it's so quick to do. I used to do it on whatever day my youth intake came in, once a year, 2 or 3 minutes and the game looks so much better.

Never got it to work. The config.xml file is generated (with the right amount of rows), but it seems like it just doesn't work in game for me for whatever reason. Tried again now, but still no cigar.

And sacked. Terrible start of my 3th season with an early exit of the cup and losing the first 7 games of the season. Due to the terrible finances most of my older players wouldn't sign an new contract, and I had to play to many youngsters too early.

Will start a new country.

Ended up finishing in the top half after the first season in Spain, but most of my players retired after the year. After losing 3 preseason friendlies to non-league sides with greyed-out players, I decided to abandon the save instead of attempt to finish mid-table. Currently starting again in Greece, where I can confirm the reset date is June, 20th. However, you may need tosave earlier than that to get different promoted sides.

2 hours ago, XaW said:

Never got it to work. The config.xml file is generated (with the right amount of rows), but it seems like it just doesn't work in game for me for whatever reason. Tried again now, but still no cigar.

And just as I wrote that, I managed to fix it... So expect real faces in my games going forward! :D

4 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

I have tried it and I just don't understand how to get it working.  The problem will be me, not the software.

Pro tip, double and triple check you have unticked "use skin cache". I was certain I had removed it, but there it was...

After 2 seasons of fairly poor youth intakes i may be getting a better one in our third season as the preview shows a 5 star excellent intake. What makes it better is the A rating for the striker as one of my biggest problems at the moment is scoring goals so fingers crossed for one that can go straight into the side.

image.png.6ea7d59d8f1831ae4c0ca4c5a9bfdb6f.png

33 minutes ago, Nottingham Forest said:

Just when you think you’ve cracked it. Things going well. Then the game decides to screw you over. 

Before anyone says it’s my tactics. It probably is but it may as well be called Morale Manager 22. As once the bubble has burst you’re done for.

I am starting to think this year's edition is more tough than last year,

BBn4o8w.png

2023-2024 Final Table:

oFV1h8z.png

Expectations were a top finish and they were met. Non Youth players aged in dog years though and fell off a little at the end. Made it to playoff to get promoted, but lost. Took a late 1-0 lead and at the last minute of extra time yielded a penalty. Lost in penalties to stay down.

Youth Intake:

w6LGrQ0.png

QPYCtMh.png

Decent haul though nothing spectacular. Really need some to step up and develop as the best remaining player is leaving as he won't sign and the others are all in early 30s. 

Next Season Expectations and Preview:
smz5a8R.png

0zuWIpM.png

Low expectations which I think I can meet and keep the save going.

So after two 9th placed finishes and then a 7th place season, Beira Mar found form after January for a change, including a 10 match consecutive winning streak, managing to finish second to secure automatic promotion to Liga NOS. Bring on the big guns!!!

483433682_BM2728.thumb.PNG.0d18b282181f46cb7b5da7dcc2401d68.PNG

223368717_BM2728finish.thumb.PNG.387daec5680f95044f57dc8756bdc6d5.PNG

Season 1 Report -- Gresik United - 2022

logo.png.383c53c692692f738b8c8e077baa25e5.png

On the Field

1556534140_22Table.thumb.jpg.9cecbb05887eb5a3801fd9eeb64b7616.jpg

860884730_22Cup.jpg.c42ef0e03aeed0e1f7834c1a30963f1e.jpg

Spoiler

22fixturesL.jpg.43ea7abdfb4fae5b2ff714be0339b72f.jpg2072556723_22fixturesPO.jpg.a61489c12dd21b2fdbe3a93dc8474ba4.jpg

We had a dream season that came very close to a promotion. 

After a long pre season we went into the 2nd league blind. we were predicted to struggle but were we really stood I could not say. Turned out we were never in trouble. Went top of the league early and whilwe that didn't last long we never really lost sight of the 2nd stage positions. A great run near season end saw us back in the nr 1 spot. Not that is worth anything, unfortunately.

the 2nd stage was a breeze. we won our first 2 games and were able to rest players in the third. We were in the Semi finals. the 2nd League has three promotion spot. 2 for the finalists, one for the winner of the 3th place playoff. basically we had to win one of the next two ties to secure promotion.

we didn't.

we fought hard but were outclassed in both ties.

the cup run was nice but uneventfull. we went out against oppostion of a league higher. 

Off The Field

Transfers and finances:

Spoiler

963315652_22transfers.thumb.jpg.27478e47d1f9c92bd742eb71bf5d8cec.jpg1528259611_22finances.thumb.jpg.c0eaa062158ffd7c6fd7cd7c8a1a314c.jpg

The board has agreed to let me get my badges. I'm currently on national C, working on B. But spending on facilities they will not. Understandable too, we made a small loss on the season, and that is with the prize money of a deep playoff run. we can't rely on that.

We had one transfer in (pre-aranged by the board before I took over) that I immedeately got rid off. One other player left, marking a record sale for the club at 1.2K 

Player Highlights

176410558_22Teamofyear.jpg.3b38b3df6de6ac0194309763de41e2e7.jpg

Spoiler

1239454276_22MNugroho01A.thumb.jpg.9ef27da823b64c0886f7dd3d86e9e6c3.jpg307766489_22BYusuf01D.thumb.jpg.b33576eb13045ae09364a3fe4b056a26.jpg

We had to fill up a few holes in the selection with the Youth intake. Nugroho 1A filled in for our starter GK when he got a season ending injury half way through the campaign.

Yusuf 1D however was part of the selection from day one. he even got the first goal of the season. He started as understudy at ST but as the season went on he was more and more our number one. he ended up with 14 goals and the highest average rating of the team

745397602_22Summary.thumb.PNG.d915033400ef48a44b91bef467be4ec0.PNG

8 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

Ended up finishing in the top half after the first season in Spain, but most of my players retired after the year. After losing 3 preseason friendlies to non-league sides with greyed-out players, I decided to abandon the save instead of attempt to finish mid-table. Currently starting again in Greece, where I can confirm the reset date is June, 20th. However, you may need tosave earlier than that to get different promoted sides.

Have ran into the unforseen (but reported) bug of the Greek second tier requiring 10 homegrown at club players in the matchday squad. Basically it means all the teams have to use a full bench of greyed-out players and/or include them in the starting XI. Will have to restart this challenge when the main game is released, but for now am enjoying the madness.

FC United's Greatest Match In Their History So Far

image.thumb.png.621d097bf8b795bf4fadb4544c5b66ec.png

A lovely 2-0 win in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round Vs Northampton. Also the icing on the cake was the goals coming from Yeray who was a Youth Academy graduate.

Yeray has been doing well this season and I think he will be my main man up front while I go up the leagues hopefully.

image.thumb.png.5c2d67ba0a9b8160f3c48f1dace93aaf.png

Also a nice boost to the club's finances.

image.thumb.png.34d8793c1a81b70bbb025381257119d6.png

I’ve almost finished my second season with Austria Salzburg, but I’m not enjoying the save. I just don’t really like the Austrian competition. I’m not feeling it. So I’m already thinking about starting a new save. I will finish the season first, but I think it will be my last. 

18 minutes ago, Winski said:

I’ve almost finished my second season with Austria Salzburg, but I’m not enjoying the save. I just don’t really like the Austrian competition. I’m not feeling it. So I’m already thinking about starting a new save. I will finish the season first, but I think it will be my last. 

Are u going to start now or wait till the full release  ?

image.png.2c6abfcb590d341a60099549f10095cc.png

2033/34 End of Season Review

235816ad9c89a83c639cb180916ebc1c.png

f86c47e6b3ab75a44f38209e301ba5c3.png

d1225a205bf0ef837755c45f74547852.png

What a bore that was, we broke the record for most draws in the league set by Afan Lido in the 90's of 16 draws.

6b52c6e2c079d9075c19062a90f3824e.png

c66a178b577837943b2ac0266b2eb6c5.png 29e561a15d7c0b0d3f033e848b5b9050.png 2dd60597e956e91f61638a3e771f5970.png 84d57cedc4de142d60c93b78f1a5123f.png

d599edc8eef25938f532303ed3c2ee04.png

7920016a08e1b53c01d95b783cb3ddbd.png 44b064ef043f9523115866b84043da0d.png

cef1ee6ae23d80687cc45367b94f1b0f.png

f2ef8688730da938124afda68d9b999d.png

c5992dee341064975f01e14470d44988.jpg

Overall Best XI

96d05189ce5b658ecfaa4be04b978365.png

2033/34 Best XI

6b468b45a8f9286ae7533f3fdb3ebf1c.png

Bobby Turner (YP11n)

Mikey Berry (YP8a) - Danny Ellis (YP9a) - Mason Jones (YP3l) - Issufo Muwanei (YP10h)

Kevin Jones (YP2i)

George Veale (YP10a) - Steve Antell (YP8e)

Rhys Wallis (YP9o)                                                       Brad Ingram (YP9b)

Shaun Ring (YP5b)

2019eb3e1835b0db48f6b8fed7d4479f.png