Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Barnzy said:

That a forum for people that play a football management game having a politics thread could be perceived as a strange place for it, I’m not saying it’s weird but you can understand there could be a perception that it’s weird from people that are not involved 

Only to someone who has never been on a forum. I pretty much expect any active forum I look at to have politics discussion of some type. It's like the number one most likely topic of discussion after whatever the forum is based around.

12 minutes ago, Deltaroad said:

I went out for about an hour or so to see whats open. Loads of people out enjoying themselves in cafes, bars and pubs. There's me stuck inside thinking everythings closed.

Yeah I was out most of the day and saw some cafes and eateries open, as well as a few off-licenses. They generally had the broadcast of the funeral on though.

49 minutes ago, HopOnBaby said:

And we haven't decided on what to name the next one, have we?

Elizabethan was a gimme, but Caroline? Carolingian?

Carolingian means sons of Charles so doesn't work.

1 minute ago, leftback in the changing room said:

BBC News Report: "It was at Windsor that she could indulge her passion for horses"

Bloody hell, you hear rumours about the aristocracy but for them to just blurt it out on TV...

Was ok for Catherine The Great (allegedly)

28 minutes ago, Weezer said:

So, everybody's piling into the pubs now to try and fit a whole bank holiday's worth of drinking into one evening?

It's what she would have wanted.

Think only one pub in our town was closed, all the others have been open all day.

4 minutes ago, Heartwork said:

Well that's weird cos I didn't watch it

I knew they'd go in with claims of the biggest TV audience ever (and who knows, that bit may probably be true) but didn't expect them to be quite so outrageous :D 

Just make themselves look stupid to anybody with double digit brain cells.

Just now, Ackter said:

People sharing it on FB and Twitter do not take it well if you challenge the number.

There's 67 million people in the UK. Let's be generous and say every single one of them watched it on TV. And then try to imagine they're claiming another 5 billion people from all over the world did the same :D :D 

Even 2 billion is taking the ****.

so world population is currently 7.7b

BBC says 5.1b watched the funeral

so 2/3 of the world watched the funeral??

kids would be not bothered....plus the fair amount in the world that would be sleeping when it happened. 

1 minute ago, Pompeyboyz said:

so world population is currently 7.7b

BBC says 5.1b watched the funeral

so 2/3 of the world watched the funeral??

kids would be not bothered....plus the fair amount in the world that would be sleeping when it happened. 

Add to that that it is a Monday, most of the world is working.

Also, China won't have been watching after their diplomats were refused.