• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, XaW said:

image.png.6ea3e3335475dde8f5339da8a39fcf

XaW - Cardiff Draconians - Season 2033/34 (Season 11) - JD Cymru Premier

g3UwRJG.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

We are starting to build a serious domestic dominance now, and that's a good thing. The fixture congestion we are facing the first half of the season is getting ridiculous, but as long as I can play the reserves in many league games I can manage. It does mean we are losing far more points that we really need, but I want to focus on Europe as much as possible. The good European campaign this season was encouraging, and I hope we can continue moving forward and improve the Welsh standing so we don't have to start so early in the qualifying rounds later down the line. We also got in a potential super star in our intake this season!

I also got some more facility improvements accepted:

MvVzO6l.png

c7jo4FF.png

bWLhe9t.png

Champions League: We beat Shkupi of North Macedonia, APOEL of Cyprus, and Slovan Bratislava of Slovakia before we lost to Malmö of Sweden in the playoff.
Europa League: That put us into the group stage of the Europa League and a new massive cash dump came our way. We got a very tough draw as we faced Maribor of Slovenia, Freiburg of Germany, Tottenham of England, Fenerbahçe of Turkey, Vålerenga of Norway, Bayer Leverkusen of Germany, Man Utd of England, and Utrecht of the Netherlands. Not easy indeed! We did manage a draw against Maribor, but that was also the only point we got as we finished bottom of the league phase

Scottish Challenge Cup: We beat Airdrieonians and Aberdeen Reserves before we lost to East Kilbride in the quarter final.

Welsh Cup: We beat Llanuwchllyn, Barry Town, Trefelin, Flint Town, and Newtown to reach the final. There we beat Cardiff Met Uni to retain the trophy.
League Cup: We lost to Swansea Uni in the 2nd round.

Around the world

HFAMxMu.png

U19s

They again finished 1st in the Cymru Premier Development League (South) this season by winning every match and went on to the playoff final. There they lost to TNS.

4LiBAVU.png

bxpyG5b.png

Welsh Youth Cup: They beat Prestatyn Town, Cardiff Met Uni, Pontypridd, and TNS to reach the final. There they beat Colwyn Bay to win the trophy again.

Youth intake:

KYg5bd5.png

x7nSmkj.png

N6cZLsl.png

8aD3iRW.png

JvkVxhJ.png

VzSUIYm.png

Trophy cabinet

JD Cymru Premier - 3 (2031/32, 2032/33, 2033/34)
JD Cymru South - 1 (2025/26)

Welsh Cup - 3 (2031/32, 2032/33, 2033/34)
League Cup - 3 (2027/28, 2028/29, 2032/33)
Tier 2 League Cup - 1 (2025/26)

(U19s) Cymru Premier Development League - 4 (2029/30, 2030/31, 2031/32, 2032/33)

(U19s) Welsh Youth Cup - 4 (2027/28. 2030/31, 2032/33, 2033/34)

Player statistics:

Most apps for the clubs

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Years Active	Apps
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Exaucé Massengo 25o	Congo		England		2025-Present	368
Tom Robinson 25g	Wales		<N/A>		2025-2033	269
Paul Evans 24k		Wales		<N/A>		2024-2033	249
Felix Jakob 27m		Austria		Wales		2027-Present	226
Edward Williams 28g	Wales		<N/A>		2028-Present	197

Most goals for the club

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Years Active	Goals
Tom Robinson 25g	Wales		<N/A>		2025-2033	150
Martyn Wilkinson 30m	England		Ireland		2030-Present	101
Edward Williams 28g	Wales		<N/A>		2028-Present	85
Exaucé Massengo 25o	Congo		England		2025-Present	47
Felix Jakob 27m		Austria		Wales		2027-Present	37

Most assists for the club

Name			Nation		2nd Nation	Years Active	Assists
Steve Bowen 27k		Wales		<N/A>		2027-Present	54
Tom Robinson 25g	Wales		<N/A>		2025-2033	42
Erolind Mezini 31e	Canada		Albania		2031-Present	42
Morgan Herman 30i	Wales		<N/A>		2030-Present	41
Paul Evans 24k		Wales		<N/A>		2024-2033	40

Supporters:

dNDVV70.png

Summary:

6HGPfWM.png

Well, that’s a real potential superstar you’ve got there! What a player :eek:

I played a lot of games recently and it was tough. I was looking for help everywhere and found it on dictate the games which gave me just the edge needed to stay above the line. It was a long hard 12 matches without a win and turned into a 5 matches without a loss run. Youth intake looks promising, the usual exellent intake but it's still a few weeks until I get some players to watch. 

TFC.png.fd821764e2bc46175c4d63465102a86b.png

"When you lose every game, it seems like the tea is getting cold just before you ought to sip" Earl of Grey

Screenshot(52).png.94c778f3731fa0d4b3fc8395bff4a07a.png

"How did you got your team up to end this poor rund of form?"

"Well it wasn't easy but we switched tactically. We needed another man up front and a a tighter back line. Which is why we dropped into a low block and sacrificed one midfielder playing with three up front. Thanks to dictate the game Graeme and ThrowingCopperFM without them we'd likely not talking about it."

@Johnny Ace What happend?

Edited by HanziZoloman

1 hour ago, HanziZoloman said:

@Johnny Ace What happend?

Every year I was getting Attacking Midfielders and Goalkeepers, I had stacks of them 

My midfielders where converted AMCs and Strikers, my DM was a Left Back

I had no back up fullbacks and the U-19 squad had none

We were 5th in the table and I was just bored of it all :lol:

vor 20 Minuten schrieb Johnny Ace:

Every year I was getting Attacking Midfielders and Goalkeepers, I had stacks of them 

My midfielders where converted AMCs and Strikers, my DM was a Left Back

I had no back up fullbacks and the U-19 squad had none

We were 5th in the table and I was just bored of it all :lol:

Horror … you got a bore out. Will you start new?

1 hour ago, Johnny Ace said:

Just having a look at Denmark now :thup:

I remember XaW had an issue with contacts in Denmark a while back. Not sure if it's anything serious for youth saves, but think it put me off back when I was considering it.

11 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

I remember XaW had an issue with contacts in Denmark a while back. Not sure if it's anything serious for youth saves, but think it put me off back when I was considering it.

Yeah, it's all amateur, not sure I can be bothered with the added stress :D I'll look elsewhere 

Great first season and blitzed the league 

2324table.thumb.png.e6f9fa12ca87a62923cd025543aa81d7.png

Only 26 games so a nice short season

I messed up the intake, I didn't realise until later, I had my Ass Man set as the youth recruitment guy :seagull:

Preview and intake were pretty awful 

2324previes.thumb.png.43ac4852d43818a3b4a5f3783b0b3bc6.png

2324intake.thumb.png.98f0364cb95cb9a7ff70aa4947815699.png

Honestly, I can't understand why I never get midfielders, is it me or pure luck? 

I've started with a nice young squad

Spoiler

2324squad.png.035bc892633e611d256d9ecd9dbb75dd.png

Intake comes after the season's finished so none moved in, plus they're all papp :lol:

No upgrades made, the board don't love me enough yet 

Spoiler

facilities2324.png.11feb3b1ee0beae11877429b82c457c2.png

They did allow me and my staff to take some badges

Spoiler

JonnyAce2324.thumb.png.f13697bfcd4bd8f3b9532f139347bf43.png

I guess next season will be the real test so lets give it a crack  

ETA: I forgot the transfers, nothing either way

2324transfers.thumb.png.56b13415bb84864f0f6232fefc76f09f.png

Well, F.

Logo.JPG.1cee9e7df66de2c969fa5fe1a51f6ac9.JPG

SKF Sered

Sack.JPG.8401e9729fefd1c10fc03d6c1a8573e9.JPG

League.JPG.c0aed84fac77ea07bbd83b936021017e.JPG

I was really starting to like the squad and the save. We got off to a rocky start this year but at least we had our golden boy Istvan Vass, we would've been fine.

That is, until the board decided to sell him for just 64K, left us completely harmless up front and draws were the best we could do for the rest of the season.

Vass.thumb.JPG.a8bd60ac7fc1894c10fc7f176f7847f6.JPG

And look what came through :( 2 players would've walked straight into the first team.

Youth.thumb.JPG.1a6a6aeed1c48f7b83cc6306304cb2cc.JPG

Really annoyed as I was very much starting to like the squad and the save. 

I need some time in a warm place. Next try: Peru!

Edited by BustaRaymes

vor 4 Stunden schrieb The7Striker:

Well im so bad at this. 

Board wanted a top 4 finish, I ended up 8th, so I got the boot :lol::lol:

I’m not good at it either. Seems everyone fights for promotion first year but me :rolleyes:

PS would really appreciate to see some of your tactics you used in the first years. I am messed up with my 523/ 532 even with six players behind the ball I get crushed. I have 80 goals conceded…

Edited by HanziZoloman

Quick question, I had my eyes set on Peru but it's top league only. I've downloaded a custom DB to level 3, but there's no relegation from that lowest level.

Would it qualify for the challenge if I started a game with 2 levels loaded and took over one of the promoted squads in the second division? Or would that be stretching the rules too much?

1 minute ago, BustaRaymes said:

Quick question, I had my eyes set on Peru but it's top league only. I've downloaded a custom DB to level 3, but there's no relegation from that lowest level.

Would it qualify for the challenge if I started a game with 2 levels loaded and took over one of the promoted squads in the second division? Or would that be stretching the rules too much?

For custom dB, I think you would need to manage the team that finishes bottom of the bottom division in that scenario. That's how it used to work.

1 minute ago, JAwtunes said:

For custom dB, I think you would need to manage the team that finishes bottom of the bottom division in that scenario. That's how it used to work.

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought as much, just was a bit too set on Peru after claiming it.

I'll flip a coin between Singapore and Malaysia, just as much sun there :) 

3 minutes ago, BustaRaymes said:

Thanks for the quick reply. I thought as much, just was a bit too set on Peru after claiming it.

I'll flip a coin between Singapore and Malaysia, just as much sun there :) 

Just to confirm. If the rules around custom dB haven't changed then you can still do a save in Peru with the custom dB you've found, you'd just need to go for the bottom placed third tier team after holidaying the first season.

Chasing the virtual sun. Sounds like you need a holiday mate 😉

13 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

Just to confirm. If the rules around custom dB haven't changed then you can still do a save in Peru with the custom dB you've found, you'd just need to go for the bottom placed third tier team after holidaying the first season.

Chasing the virtual sun. Sounds like you need a holiday mate 😉

Yeah I remember the bottom placed thing from years ago, but I couldn't find it in the current rules. Will keep it in mind if things don't work out in Malaysia :)

And yes, yes I do.

1 minute ago, HanziZoloman said:

Hey guys, anybody willing to share his/ her beginning tactics? I am struggling so heavy and @Johnny Ace just won the league first season. 

Won division two (somehow but I have my theories) very early this morning too, I'll post them up when home later on

I think others have posted theirs previously, so have a look through but P&P is generally frowned upon in the thread, it's part of the fun coming up with something. Could always go by the ass man and use a preset and go from there 

My attitude is, in this situation, you start out generally as an underdog, no one expects you to attack them so go for it! No good trying to play a cautious tiki-taka :D

On 23/04/2023 at 11:32, JAwtunes said:

Was in a previous FM, and it has been fixed, I believe. The issue was that semi-pro contracted players could be poached for 0.... quite a nasty one.

1 hour ago, HanziZoloman said:

Hey guys, anybody willing to share his/ her beginning tactics? I am struggling so heavy and @Johnny Ace just won the league first season. 

I usually pick the tactics around the squad available, so it means my formation is quite fluid based on the intakes I get and players sold etc.I don’t mind retraining SCs into AMCs and vice versa or AMCs into MCs but I don’t often do wide players into central or vice versa unless the winger looks to be good in front of goal.

I enjoy the tinkering with tactics but you’ll very quickly know who are your go to guys in your initial squad so play to their strengths where you can. In one save I had a good aerial striker and a quick winger, so I just focused all my attacks down that flank with floated crosses and it served me well until my intakes started to come through and I changed to two up top with an AMC.

I don’t think there is a one size fits all with tactics and some squads just aren’t capable of defending with everyone behind the ball, super disciplined and hard tackling so for those ones you go on the offensive and look to put score opponents, similarly if you are awful up top but strong defensively then counter attack and play for set pieces and try to make the most of those. When it does come off it will be all the more rewarding :thup:

15 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

I don’t mind retraining SCs into AMCs and vice versa or AMCs into MCs but I don’t often do wide players into central or vice versa unless the winger looks to be good in front of goal.

I found in my last save, NFBs can make great centre backs, basically, if they're too slow to be a wingback and have seem some decent defensive attributes, if you're in a pinch they can do a great job :thup: Full backs can make for great DMs too  

41 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

I found in my last save, NFBs can make great centre backs, basically, if they're too slow to be a wingback and have seem some decent defensive attributes, if you're in a pinch they can do a great job :thup: Full backs can make for great DMs too  

Good shout, I’ll bear that in mind when my first intake comes in :thup:

Edited by Neo_Geo
Typo

Season 2024/25

As mentioned earlier, we won the league

2324table.thumb.png.01d2c92f395273e45e6c0d8deaebd480.png

Seems nuts to me but a) the other managers suck, there's a 4 month preseason, I played about 20 friendlies so my team are sharp, the other managers play 3 or 4 so their players aren't match fit to start the season b) there was a 3 week break, I played 3 friendlies, the other managers played zero c) they all play 4-4-2 :onmehead:

Just feels a bit strange managing in Sweden, the timings are all over the place compared to other European leagues 

Here's the tactic @HanziZoloman

Spoiler

2324tactic.png.159611be68f10717e2ba6c63c670d489.png

We have fast, tall forwards, one fullback was a Wingback the other very much a Fullback so that helped set my DMs. Hit 'em hard, hit 'em fast :D

Intake was horrific. Not sure what's going, whether it takes a few seasons for the HOY to kick on as we started without one, I don't know, we'll see next season

2425preview.thumb.png.8e2993dcafd2772c3de408a42b6b8666.png

2324intake1.thumb.png.5bb5ab58e1a00d8d917cbe161d806a72.png

2324intake2.thumb.png.28bcd811dfc913d334715c1264fb7310.png

2324intake3.thumb.png.710b6a20db05d0caebd67a1ca6d6872d.png

All useless

Another thing, with being semi-pro, we only train once or twice a week, I never get anyone injured, ever. I just have to rotate when the schedule gets busy or we get suspensions, it's so odd 

I picked up another badge or two and improved some staff

Spoiler

JohnnyAce2324.thumb.png.bf097e265e41b17602669111c11a325e.png

I like how my profile says I play "control possession" :lol:

We got one upgrade to the junior coaching

Spoiler

Facilities2324.png.0485a0f7393b86475b7a5183c5587ee1.png

Haven't found any money yet, no tv money, low sponsorship, no fans, no players to sell so I need to be patient on that 

2324transfers.thumb.png.a54d1919d6091dd85451958d2ce19f18.png

We lost our backup RB, was a bit miffed but it happens, he barely needed to play. No kids to bring in yet, don't need any yet, very dull in that aspect. Starting team is still young  

Spoiler

Squad2324.png.43b24ea5f2cfa48336bb77db8923c128.png

Another weird thing in Sweden, I got to manage the rookie all star game, I've no idea if there's any rules against this, but I had 5 players and no staff :lol: Pretty cool though 

Spoiler

Allstarrookies.png.e08c676b7eae13f5ba907461de75d683.png

Spoiler

Rookiegame.thumb.png.26ada74b49cdaccaab1f2507c63b6cb0.png

We're into the First Division Elite next season, maybe this is were we get walloped, hope there's some money, best way to find out .....

58 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Seems nuts to me but a) the other managers suck, there's a 4 month preseason, I played about 20 friendlies so my team are sharp, the other managers play 3 or 4 so their players aren't match fit to start the season b) there was a 3 week break, I played 3 friendlies, the other managers played zero c) they all play 4-4-2

no idea why, but i got hopelessly stuck in Sweden! congrats getting out those bottom 2 division so quickly, i ended up quitting because i thought i'd never make it out!

14 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

no idea why, but i got hopelessly stuck in Sweden! congrats getting out those bottom 2 division so quickly, i ended up quitting because i thought i'd never make it out!

Thanks!! Doesn't seem right at all but I'll take it

We're the only semi pro club in First Elite, so I'm a bit nervous  

TFC.png.0c13137fb1283f565918e22fd8e5ce32.png

"Well we survived and I am still here. That's great! I have to admit, sometimes I reload a game and play it again." Earl of Grey

“which of course I won‘t do anymore, didn’t know it was against the law. Sorry guys.“ Earl of Grey

Season is finished, two games left and we are save and sound. The white tigers were overwhelming relegation candidates (450:1) but managed to stay above the rim. Thanks for the advice @Johnny Ace the last matches I tried to outscore other teams because the offense is stronger than defense. We conceded 91 goals but scoring 65. 

Youth prospects were claimed as a golden generation but non of them are ready for first team. Is there a chance for development despite the poor training facilities? Did your prospects develop down in the lowest of leagues?

Here is my best: CD Matthew Southern. My other defenders are not the best in the air, he can be of help.

Screenshot(53).thumb.png.f3a511864de1921bdfa4eb93a2fe1657.png

Chris Basford looks interesting, good anticipation, balance, technique and team work. A DLP (?) With better tackling he'd play as CD. But slooooooow :rolleyes: He could play almost every role maybe a BPD (?)

Screenshot(55).thumb.png.686fbdaa19fd84b6989987dbbe7f71e9.png

"Jesus, do you even want to win?" Earl of Grey  

Screenshot(56).png.2c39bbc6e9c9b24266344ade229d0d26.png

corp fac.: basic

training fac.: basic

youth fac.: poor

jun. coaching: fairly basic

youth rec.: basic

No requests granted ... :herman:

Season review: We managed a 19th place which is a big achivement due to being huge relegation candidates. We conceded 92 goals but also scored 68 but luck shined upon us as with xG we would be relegated. Our attacking trident has been the key for our successful campaign. In the back we have our marking 4 NCBs which allowed the high amount of goals. My Boss doesn't want to lose me which is why he won't nurish my coaching qualifications.

Screenshot(57).png.ff066fe2f6c0a974960b300c2c50ad0d.png

Edited by HanziZoloman

20 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Third year on the trott, anyone with any idea why?

preview25.thumb.png.dc0738b62f7f58c15f954346372659b9.png

The game has had enough of you after complaining at all the AMCs and it’s now saying “You don’t like AMCs then how about no players of decent quality……EVER!”

Joking aside I’ve never seen it at that level consistently, I assume you’ve checked your junior coaching and youth recruitment as well as HoYD and none are at the bottom of the scale?

Maybe with Sweden it’s super competitive for youth players
image.gif.9288d81e0205a47808e98493826d5dea.gif

Edited by Neo_Geo

4 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

The game has had enough of you after complaining at all the AMCs and it’s now saying “You don’t like AMCs then how about no players of decent quality……EVER!”

Joking aside I’ve never seen it at that level consistently, I assume you’ve checked your junior coaching and youth recruitment as well as HoYD and none are at the bottom of the scale?

Maybe with Sweden it’s super competitive for youth players

:lol: The FM Gods didn't like my moaning!

Facilities and the like aren't great, HOY was about the best I could get 

HOY.png.40c20f65e0b3be3d737470a95a254974.png

Even with the worst of everything, I'd expect better than E's and F's

One theory I mentioned to @XaW was maybe the squad as ability was much better than the facilities and coaching :confused:

I'll give it another year I think, it's not much fun 

35 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

:lol: The FM Gods didn't like my moaning!

Facilities and the like aren't great, HOY was about the best I could get 

HOY.png.40c20f65e0b3be3d737470a95a254974.png

Even with the worst of everything, I'd expect better than E's and F's

One theory I mentioned to @XaW was maybe the squad as ability was much better than the facilities and coaching :confused:

I'll give it another year I think, it's not much fun 

You have certainly angered the FM gods over something :lol:

Your theory may be on the right track.

Lets say your squad is on average 70/200 current ability and your intake has 50-70 as the top CA then that’s probably classed as As, whereas if your current squad was 120 and the intake was 50-70 then unless your HoYD is awful at judging potential you’d expect no As. I’m exaggerating the differences here just to illustrate the point.

Do you agree with the ratings these players were given with regards to the 3 intakes so far i.e. no decent looking players?

It would be interesting to run some tests on this taking varying quality of squads say from vanarama north/south up to the likes of Man City and give them all equal HoYDs and all equal junior coaching and youth recruitment and just increase these to see what happens.

Id be tempted to say there is an element of randomness to it but 3 years in a row seems too much of a coincidence

15 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

Do you agree with the ratings these players were given with regards to the 3 intakes so far i.e. no decent looking players?

Yeah, they've all been rated and look terrible :lol:

Spoiler

rb.png.97a5a67922e168f0562c4fd9f3b7473e.png

That's my top rated 16 year old right back prospect, he's way off first team level

18 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

It would be interesting to run some tests on this taking varying quality of squads say from vanarama north/south up to the likes of Man City and give them all equal HoYDs and all equal junior coaching and youth recruitment and just increase these to see what happens.

Id be tempted to say there is an element of randomness to it but 3 years in a row seems too much of a coincidence

Could be an interesting one 

Badak Lampung FC - Wikipedia bahasa Indonesia, ensiklopedia ...

Badak Lampung - Season 2 - League Two - Youth Intake

So we are set for our second season in League Two. After unexpectedly coming 3rd in the league and very close to the second stage (which is a 2 group stage (3 teams in each group)) where essentially the best 3 out of the 6 get promoted. I am confident we can at least get to the second stage. But part of that is dependent on our Youth Intake,, the preview was poor and the intake itself was less than spectacular.

image.thumb.png.a9f44985ea9160dfdb1f6fe8466b47ae.png

image.thumb.png.86cb4a4ed29faf2dbbb7ae3e0d82c9b4.png

With only two Elite Talents and not really in positions of need it is not a great intake at all. With the best piece of news being that we do have a Resolute personality and it happens to be on the best of the bunch.

image.thumb.png.87a0dd7a9f557c1a8e33b62659c607b4.png

Top 3 - Season Two

Ahmad Ardiansyah (YP02A) - Clearly the best of the bunch and probably the one who will most likely be a first 11 player. Our current DM options are quite varied, but are all relatively old. Ahmad comes in with decent tackling and some okay mentals, but I am not super impressed with his marking, passing and physicals. I am hopeful that the resolute personality will see some quick growth. He will go into the Senior Squad, but is most likely to see bench minutes this season.

image.thumb.png.f4080285e662a51dffb1ec0a0de87453.png

Fernando Mulyadi (YP02B) - So I didn't go with the second elite talent as my next pick, as Mulyadi plays as a LB which we do desperately need. He will probably start some games and also come off the bench this season. He actually has okay attributes spread everywhere across the board. His personality is a least a decently good one. He also starts off being able to play RB to a good extent too which means he has some versatility. So at first I wasn't very happy with the intake, but I do think Fernando could make the first team and possibly first 11 eventually.

image.thumb.png.c30c23e24c926eda186b2aa1f9b1aa4b.png

Denny Iswahyudi (YP02C) - Narrowly gets in ahead of our other elite talent Mahardika mainly due to the fact AMR is a position of need. Denny comes in at 1.5* CA and a fairly professional personality. I play as a winger so the left foot is not super desirable here, but I like that he is a fast winger who has okay passing for this level. The crossing and dribbling leave a lot to be desired, but as this intake is pretty poor overall I am not hopeful that he will be a first 11 player ever. He may however provide some depth this season.

image.thumb.png.795c8911bf75ad761fc167b2c560b3ce.png

Other News

We also vastly increased our sponsorship, which is good news for the long term future of the club.

image.thumb.png.8d8d548347b58521d8b07594fb5b76a4.png

TFC.png.2ea0bf574711ff9aaf536378ab2228fc.png

Earl of Grey sacked!

The Earl drove off the lane this Thursday in his red Honda Civic (1996), it's rumored that he reload the game and it's not tolerated by the Football Manager Association. 

"I need to meditate about my mistakes in the past" Earl of Grey, "it was tough nonetheless". It's rumored that the Earl gave the link about his misbehaving to the news by himself due to being plagued by his guilty conscience.

The Club took the note angry and sad, "Everything he did achive was FAKE!" said the chairman with a tear in his eye.

Edited by HanziZoloman

"When it comes crashing down and it hurts inside.." *guitar riff

Yeah, it happened, pure misery 

table25.thumb.png.3aa0f2909a92b6aa70c9beb0baf68f93.png

We won the opening two games then went on a run of 12 without a win 

Every cloud has a silver lining though 

relegationprize25.png.d0fb21514b4636f48de5787c1bff0929.png

All that for being awful, I'll take it 

Helped with a few upgrades 

Spoiler

Improvements25.png.457ebbdc280950e2902401d9e52f3eff.png

Improvements252.png.1b59edac7815ff626bcc0f83e2d950f8.png

Improvements253.png.6ce64abfd9bea57f2c911d6516a2b40b.png

Boof2.png.1e228950bed693329a2dee2e9908b9c0.png

They should help with the intake, this was this season's

intake25.png.cf4ac532131dc478cff04d5b2799ff03.png

Some might come on, but with the poor facilities, it's difficult to develop anyone

Being semi-pro doesn't help either 

Lower teams did at least want to loan some of these kids 

transfers25.thumb.png.d4f1fdfb28a96975cf26d6d668b7be63.png

Anyway, lets see what the next season brings, hopefully:

- a better intake

- more fans

- some money 

intake 25.png

@Johnny Ace I did a quick test where I set Man City and Wrexham to have the following::

• Junior Coaching - 1
  • Youth Recruitment - 1
  • HoyD - Every attribute to 1 including reputation

Here are the intake previews:

Man City
ManCityIntakePreview.thumb.png.54f57d30b404a79e1b0c59d00474c276.png

Wrexham
WrexhamIntakePreview.thumb.png.cadac73ddb82243d6d529775cd802141.png

Man City's intake is similar to yours in Sweden but even Wrexham managed to get a better preview despite having the worst HoYD and facilities possible.

When the intakes came in this is what they got:

Man City
ManCityIntake.thumb.png.1636d8aabc99fc2616ee25dc05ed93a7.png

Wrexham
WrexhamIntake.thumb.png.9df4e203de1602755ec6d283271de5b7.png

At face value they look the same but what about the underlying stats?

Man City
Avg CA Main Squad - 147
Avg PA Main Squad - 163
Max CA Main Squad - 188
Max PA Main Squad - 195

Avg CA Intake - 45
Avg PA Intake - 66
Max CA Intake - 72
Max PA Intake - 97

Avg CA Difference - 102
Avg PA Difference - 98

Wrexham
Avg CA Main Squad - 89
Avg PA Main Squad - 113
Max CA Main Squad - 108
Max PA Main Squad - 135

Avg CA Intake - 28
Avg PA Intake - 40
Max CA Intake - 41
Max PA Intake - 53

Avg CA Difference - 61
Avg PA Difference - 95

So what does any of this prove?

Well for starters the intake preview for City is bang on the money as the CA and PA are significantly lower than the main squad. Wrexham on the other hand had some Cs yet the max CA and Max PA are also significantly lower than the main squad, so the HoYD got the preview wrong and oversold it a bit. The PA difference is about the same for each but the CA difference is dramatically larger for Man City (as you'd expect) therefore is this why we got the 7 Es and 1 F versus Wrexhams 2 Cs, 2 Ds, 4 Es and 1F?

I can't help but think there was a bug in your save since I have given the clubs the worst possible platform for producing/recruiting youth players and even then only Man City with the gulf in quality between the two had a similar preview to yours and then you had it 3 years running!

Just what did you do to anger the FM Gods so much......did you play Career Mode as manager in FIFA?

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Neo_Geo:

Just what did you do to anger the FM Gods so much......did you play Career Mode as manager in FIFA?

:eek::D

Do you guys train roles or add focus? Thanks 

Edited by HanziZoloman