The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

I normally don't mind a defeat if we played ok, but this is a little frustrating

image.png.3d406ae3b5ccf247084b45eaa5cdbd79.png

image.png.1a25c63f4ee3c2c2933dd137d3ee59a5.png

Ooof! That's a rough one! 2 missed pens too... :eek:

Follo Fotballklubb – Wikipedia

XaW - Follo FK - Season 2024 (Season 2) - OBOS-ligaen

gyEJd08.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

A very promising season for our first foray in the 2nd tier, especially against mostly professional sides. That said, our position does flatter us a bit, as we snatched a few places at the end with a late win streak. Still, I'm very happy with how the season went, we were never really close to the relegation zone, and that's pretty much all I wanted for this season. One small pain was that we had to let one of the better players in the side, Sondre Spieler Halvorsen, go for a pittance, since his contract was running out and he didn't want to talk about a new one. Quite annoying, but it's part and parcel of this challenge. The youngsters didn't make much impact this season, but quite a few of them got some matches for us over the season. I'll likely try to involve a few more of them next season, if they are up for it. One negative thing is that we had to take up a £500k loan to fit in undersoil heating to fit the league requirements, and now the board think we are in financial hell, even if we have more than the loan amount in the bank. Thus they are refusing all my requests for improvements. Guess the chairman is frugal to a fault...

The intake this season was good, but not amazing. Still a couple of talents worth following.

Norgesmesterskapet: We beat Sandefjord, Eidsvold, and Bærum before we lost to Start in the 4th round.

Around the world

xpWXq34.png

2nd team

They only played friendlies this season.

U19s

MuILBCb.png

1ViBkvm.png

They won the Norwegian U19 Oslo 1 this season and qualified for the promotion playoff. There they lost to Haugesund in the semi final.

Junior NM: They lost to Fredrikstad in the 1st round.

Youth intake:

XaavAUq.png

K0DSkV2.png

6y8kbex.png

Nl8tWDU.png

qJOjeok.png

NSNc6nJ.png

OO8WLzK.png

Trophy cabinet

(U19s)  Norwegian U19 Oslo 1 - 1 (2024)

Player statistics:

Most apps for the clubs

Name				Nation		2nd Nation	Years Active	Apps
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bror Karsten Skrefsrud 23e	Norway		<N/A>		2023-Present	26
Julius Østhagen 23c		Norway		<N/A>		2023-Present	23
Kjetil Mikalsen 23b		Norway		<N/A>		2023-Present	19
Glenn Bjørnar Walmnæss 23a	Norway		<N/A>		2023-Present	15
Morten-André Knudtzon 24d	Norway		<N/A>		2024-Present	12

Most goals for the club

Name				Nation		2nd Nation	Years Active	Goals
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kjetil Mikalsen 23b		Norway		<N/A>		2023-Present	1
Bror Karsten Skrefsrud 23e	Norway		<N/A>		2023-Present	1
Anders Sand 24a			Norway		<N/A>		2024-Present	1

Most assists for the club

Name				Nation		2nd Nation	Years Active	Assists
Kjetil Mikalsen 23b		Norway		<N/A>		2023-Present	1
Morten-André Knudtzon 24d	Norway		<N/A>		2024-Present	1

Supporters:

0DJQNsK.png

Summary:

gFG0q9C.png

Otahuhu United AFC: 2029 Season Review

Promotion again! Four promotions in five years sees us reach the top flight. Turns out I was counting the championship group stage as a tier so I've been constantly thinking I'm a tier below where we actually were :D

The title was clinched despite a loss and we celebrated in front of no fans and what looked liked some kind of distribution centre.

lge29.thumb.jpg.18508727bd8171a4ec403ee79882ffdb.jpg  chmp29.thumb.jpg.e1ad9af0406c88c3b04f6f08c6d9ebff.jpg

Player stats were pleasing as we were consistently good throughout the season

stats29.thumb.jpg.8fe3aa2a96fa04df23b463872965bd43.jpg

Youth intake was pretty terrible as we took on just two players, however, they are first team quality so will be blood straightaway.

yth29.thumb.jpg.b9612c6130d8fc7bbe47782ec045b308.jpg

Transfers

xfers29.thumb.jpg.ec50f317ed749bfef441de0ae1db4378.jpg

Season history

history29.thumb.jpg.f60b07700f92991b59bde498962be1b1.jpg

Aims for next season

• Cope with top flight football
  • Look to get back into a positive bank balance
  • Commit key players to semi-pro contracts

Does anybody know how to get players loaded if your using an extended database? I want to play the challenge in Guadeloupe, however I don't know how to get real players into the save. Does anyone know where to find databases with the players? I tried adding the players using the player count, but it didn't work.

10 hours ago, jrobertgordon13 said:

Does anybody know how to get players loaded if your using an extended database? I want to play the challenge in Guadeloupe, however I don't know how to get real players into the save. Does anyone know where to find databases with the players? I tried adding the players using the player count, but it didn't work.

I think some countries aren't eligible for the challenge as they don't have leagues/players. No idea specifically about Guadeloupe, I imagine that the country won't be a playable league with at least 3 tiers.

However if you find a downloadable database for Guadeloupe then I think you could play, but those more involved/historied in this challenge will have a better idea @XaW or @darren1983

10 hours ago, jrobertgordon13 said:

12 minutes ago, glennuk said:

I think some countries aren't eligible for the challenge as they don't have leagues/players. No idea specifically about Guadeloupe, I imagine that the country won't be a playable league with at least 3 tiers.

However if you find a downloadable database for Guadeloupe then I think you could play, but those more involved/historied in this challenge will have a better idea @XaW or @darren1983

Two tier is enough, but the database would have to be "real", as in, the Guadeloupe leagues need to have (at least) two tiers in real life. If that is the case, and someone has made it, then that would be fine to use. If not, well, then Guadeloupe is not eligible for this challenge, I'm afraid.

@DazRTaylor did create a thread for nations who are not eligible for this challenge though, so if Guadeloupe does not fit the criteria her, it might fit there:

Badak Lampung FC - Wikipedia bahasa Indonesia, ensiklopedia ...

Badak Lampung - Season Six - Indonesian League One - Youth Preview & Intake

Youth Preview

An intake that doesn't promise much except for an abundance of AMCs, which I don't usually play. Hopefully the one to keep an eye on is a good one. Full Back and Winger is where we struggle most, so I was hoping for more in that area, but perhaps the C grade at full back will at least be servicable.

image.thumb.png.43b726de2d82635a95633bf400259168.png

Youth Intake

Quality and quantity. Well this is a lot better than expected. Two good AMCs with one of them being VERY good. FIVE players above 2.5* CA (we still have some 2* CA players in our first 11). So much better than 

image.thumb.png.90a143c44bf455f4ed4103e6da89ad67.png

image.thumb.png.5787c6e6e36c46cd4b1e1c0b1bc66cd5.png

The nationalities are all Indonesian again (no more Nathan (YP03A) - random Brazilians). Some good personalities, but still a lot of unambitious which is frustrating. I know it takes time to get to the point where you can see the majority of the youth coming through with good personalities, but not sure how I will get there, when there is a VERY limited selection of HOYD that will work in Indonesia and those that do are mostly balanced at best.

image.thumb.png.64f92682bb4d0736bf5bbc2ad314fbea.png

Top 3 - Youth Intake 6

Budi Haryanto (YP06A) - A great player at this level and at this age. The 12, 12, 15 on Dribbling, Finishing and First touch is very nice. He will probably retrain as an Advanced Forward and possibly a Mezalla, as Ismail Hardianto (YP04A) is virtually undropable with his 30 goals in 32 games. The Fairly Ambitious personality is a decent one too. Really excited with this one and think that he will make an impact straight away.

image.thumb.png.281c97eb6a4c52c6357189995b8476ba.png

Ardy Wahyu (YP06B) - Another promising player in a position we need strength and depth. Being able to play either LB or RB is very useful. I am a bit concerned about his low dribbling rate and relatively poor physical, but hope that he can improve despite the Unambitious personality.

image.thumb.png.2585c2d87c3cd30adb6d80b1b63ea32f.png

Wanda Bahri (YP06C) - He doesn't have the clearest route to a starting position due to my current strength on the left wing, BUT he is professional and has some good physicals which could serve him well. The concern this time is more his relatively poor technical ability. I will try to give him some appearances off the bench to see if he can develop both in his training (I know this is more important in U18s) and in the occasional sub appearance.

image.thumb.png.9d5a732e363facdb101f084c7b683183.png

EUROPE BECKONS FOR LIMAVADY UNITED

S5_SaveOverview.thumb.png.fb71c6afaca5e119d4f8e14e53f225a7.png

S5_SquadOverview.thumb.png.80b6096a53d64ec354e7c32a87456f66.png

S5_YouthOverview.thumb.png.1b6b7dbf1982d63ef8a1d5b6c98a9f60.png

More Youth Details
Youth Intake Preview
Youth Intake Top 5

Season Review
A really pleasing season overall given how it all started so lets talk about the negatives.

Our gloriously shortsighted chairperson decided to let THREE of my best players leave the club this year without the ability to protest either:

• Guba (Elite1) (SC) was the major talking point who left for MFK Tatran Liptovsky Mikulas in a deal worth £55k with 16k after 20 league games, 16k after 10 international appearances, 16k after 20 league goals and 40% of the profit of his next sale. I wanted to keep him for at least another season then look to sell him at the end of 27/28 a year and a half before his contract expired if he wasn't going to sign a new deal. He's showing signs of improving and has played for Slovakia 5 times now so I hope its only a matter of time before he gets a move and hopefully not in Slovakia but to a bigger European league.
  • McVicker (Elite3) (DC) was sold in January window after I had rejected a number of offers Linfield came in with £76k and the chairperson accepted and he was gone on deadline day for our record sale
  • Robinson (Elite4) (AMC/SC) had only played a handful of games and hadn't been playing particularly well, he didn't train well but at the end of last season Glentoran and Linfield wanted him so there must be something about him, so I was working on retraining as a striker when Linfield came in with £50k, 20k after 20 league appearances and 40% of the profit of the next sale which again the chairperson decided was too good to turn down. This was in the January window but not on deadline day.

So Guba had gone and I had to figure out whether I needed a formation change or find a new striker partnership and it turned out that Gareth Fishwick (Elite4) with Tony McManus (Elite3) was the pairing I needed with them scoring a combined 38 goals (which when you consider that Guba scored 35 goals in his debut season in the top flight shows just how much his goals have been missed). I also decided to pull the wingers back to MR and ML positions to try and stem the number of goals we were conceding (reduced from 54 to 50 so it worked to an extent I believe).

We had actually been stuck in the relegation group positions until match day 12 when we got up to 6th and stayed there until match day 34 when we rose to 5th and then 4th on match day 35. In the last game of the league we were away to 3rd place Glentoran who were a point above us and we managed to get 2-1 in front only to concede 10 minutes from time meaning Glentoran took 3rd place and the European place.

From that disappointment we had the final of the North West Cup which we won comfortably 3-1 against Ballinamallard Utd for the first cup win of the save and then with a tired team we played Larne and outplayed for a large part of the Northern Irish Cup final only to give away a penalty in the 86th minute that Mitchell (Elite4) saved to then concede a headed goal in the 93rd minute and missing out on a European place in the process.

So it came down to the European places play-off for the 3rd season running and this time we had Dungannon Swifts who we scraped by 1-0 AET before playing Cliftonville (who beat us in the two previous seasons) and managing to win where Wilkinson (Elite4) scored a ridiculous free kick from about 35 yards out. The draw has already been made for the Conference Qualifiers and I have FC Vaduz followed by FF Jaro or KF Vllaznia.

The board wouldn't sanction any improvements this year so we remain the same on all fronts.

The intake was decent this year with 2 players already in the first team in the shape of the greatly named Francois Geneste (Elite5) and Fiacre Judge (Elite5). We are starting to see some good personalities come through as well as other nationalities which always makes the intakes that bit more exciting.

Next Season Aims
I'd love a repeat of this season to be honest as European football will hopefully finance the improvements that need to be made to facilities. We are still too far away from Linfield in terms of quality and the points we do get off the teams in the top 6 are a real battle so its going to be a case of grinding through the seasons and hoping for good intakes as I've done as much as I can to this point. Maybe Guba will get a big move and help finance some improvements but so far no teams look interested in him. Having won a cup it's no longer as pressing in my list of things to accomplish (I know there are another 2 cups to win) I just want to focus on finishing as high as possible in the league, developing our talent and trying to make enough money to improve the facilities.

Previous Season Summaries
For those who are interested I'm going to post the previous season summaries at the end of each one so that it's easier for anyone that sees my save later on and wants to catch up on it (probably not the most interesting save on the go but it's there should anyone want to view them)

@Neo_Geo you'll be surprised at how quickly that bank balance will increase with a little Europa Conference Play Off run. 

Don't even think I'd made it to the Danska Bank PL inside 5 seasons, well ahead of my progress there! Keep up the top work.

1 hour ago, Libertine13 said:

@Neo_Geo you'll be surprised at how quickly that bank balance will increase with a little Europa Conference Play Off run. 

Don't even think I'd made it to the Danska Bank PL inside 5 seasons, well ahead of my progress there! Keep up the top work.

Thanks for the advice.

I think Vaduz may be too strong for me but whatever money comes my way I’ll gladly accept it, might be best to not get any further in first season as I’ve still not got quality in depth in my squad yet.

My chairperson is at it again.

I started up the game just after finishing work and hit continue to then get this:

S6_Chairpersonatitagain.thumb.png.98c81a367a79102ddd67e9d639d68b41.png

I've managed to protest this one but my god I have £474k in the bank just now and I'm in Europe and he's accepting a bid like that????

3 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

Thanks for the advice.

I think Vaduz may be too strong for me but whatever money comes my way I’ll gladly accept it, might be best to not get any further in first season as I’ve still not got quality in depth in my squad yet.

Vaduz were too strong 3-1 aggregate loss but now up to £800k+ and the chairperson said no to training facilities and no to junior coaching.....until next year (If I can qualify again)

18 hours ago, XaW said:

Two tier is enough, but the database would have to be "real", as in, the Guadeloupe leagues need to have (at least) two tiers in real life. If that is the case, and someone has made it, then that would be fine to use. If not, well, then Guadeloupe is not eligible for this challenge, I'm afraid.

@DazRTaylor did create a thread for nations who are not eligible for this challenge though, so if Guadeloupe does not fit the criteria her, it might fit there

I might go with the Faroe Islands instead, because for whatever reason they have like 4 divisions, although the 4th one has mainly B/C/D teams in it. I think Guadeloupe did have 3 divisions last time I checked, although they might've only had two, I forgot honestly.

7 hours ago, The_Gato_In_Goal said:

IzL0bi.jpg

Gone for a new HOYD this season. Really a marginal upgrade on the last guy, but I'm hoping for some spice in our intakes nationality-wise.

Wow. Those stats, country knowledge and nationality may bring some very interesting youth through. I hope it works well for you!

Badak Lampung - Season Six - Indonesian League One - Mini Update - Asian Champions League

So due to unexpectedly winning the Indonesian Cup as a League Two side, we got put into the Asian Champions League Playoff. A one leg playoff game, away, against Australian, Central Coast Mariners.

They were clearly a class above us. We have quite a way to go. Jason Cummings is just one of those players that even though I can't see all his attributes, he is just a class above.

image.thumb.png.50d56d5d19e949dd23b7bb4806c79b40.png

image.thumb.png.4c7af4518ed77bdaacd2204325590d67.png

Asian Confederation Cup - ASEAN Zone

So after losing the playoff we got put into the Asian Confederation Cup - ASEAN Zone. In a group of 4, against a Singaporean, Cambodian and Myanmar team.

image.thumb.png.cbab6229e5746f50a27a83b4e54777fb.png

Other News

Another upgrade! Hoping this will help continue to produce the best youth in the country.

Junior Coaching - Excellent to Exceptional!

image.thumb.png.bba070b22d4abad1b1a0644af7b1b571.png

First Indonesian Cap

Bima Yulianto (YP04D) got his first cap (he had been called up a few times but not played) and becomes my first International Player!

image.thumb.png.c4b79164a3c3f9a2899d5601056d2045.pngimage.thumb.png.772b9f3ebdee9c7e4e1e150e8cb13023.png

vor 11 Stunden schrieb Neo_Geo:

Vaduz were too strong 3-1 aggregate loss but now up to £800k+ and the chairperson said no to training facilities and no to junior coaching.....until next year (If I can qualify again)

So bad… you have my sympathy 

End of Season Review

Season 2027/28

The Spartans

The Spartans F.C. - Wikipedia

Season Summary

We finally secured promotion though we did it the hard way via the promotion playoffs.  We were rubbish in the cups, however.

Season Details

League Table - We were challenging for the title until the final two months though it is pleasing to once again qualify for the promotion playoffs.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We lost our consistency post Christmas and endured our now regular slump in form.

Promotion Playoffs - Having lost the first leg of the final at home by three goals, I had no hope going into the second leg.  A masterful comeback though and we overturned the deficit by winning by four goals to three on aggregate and sealing promotion.

Scottish Cup - A home defeat by Hamilton Academical of the Championship saw the club crash out at the second round stage.

Premier Sports Cup   - We once again finished third in our group and were thus eliminated at the first hurdle.

SPFL Trust Trophy - We were very poor in losing away to Livingston Reserves in the second round.

Friendlies - It was another mixed bag of results.

Squad - We continue to improve.

Squad Dynamics - This is as good as it gets.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out 1, 2 & 3 - There were no player sales this year though a few did depart on free transfers as well as the normal plethora of youngsters going out on loan for some much needed football.

Youth Candidates - Striker Kenzi Reynolds YP28E69 is the best prospect out of a reasonable intake.

Finances - We lost money this year and some player sales may be required to balance the books.

Key Players

Ryan Watterson YP24F6 - The Irish central defender was our best player once again.

Brendan Winton YP24J10 - It was another good goalscoring season from our striker.

Scott Wilson YP24G7 - The left back, in his first season as an automatic selection, had a good season.

Willie Robertson YP24B2 - Playing in central midfield, he continues to enjoy life at the club.

Sofiane Rahmani YP25A17 - The Algerian Under 20 international goalkeeper enjoyed a fine first season as first choice.

Next Season

Just survive.  Anything else would be a bonus.

Personal Contract

Season     Contract Start Date     Contract Expiry Date     Pre Tax Wage     Post Tax Wage
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start          25 June 2023              31 May 2024         £350 p/w          £325 p/w
2023/24           1 March 2024              31 May 2025         £375 p/w ↑        £325 p/w =
2024/25          20 April 2025              31 May 2026         £375 p/w =        £325 p/w =
2025/26        19 January 2026              31 May 2027         £375 p/w =        £325 p/w =
2026/27       28 February 2027              31 May 2029         £400 p/w ↑        £350 p/w ↑
2027/28       28 February 2027              31 May 2029         £400 p/w =        £350 p/w =

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation            Qualifications     Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal   (0.25*)     None                 1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2023/24    Minimal = (1.00*) ↑   National B      ↑↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   2 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   6 ↑   8 ↑   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑   7 ↑   7 ↑   6 ↑
2024/25    Minimal = (1.50*) ↑   Continental C   ↑↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   2 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑   1 =   7 ↑   7 ↑   8 ↑  13 ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑
2025/26    Minimal = (1.50*) =   Continental B    ↑   9 ↑   9 ↑   4 ↑   1 =   1 =   2 =   9 ↑  10 ↑   9 ↑   9 =   1 =   8 ↑   8 ↑   9 ↑  14 ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑
2026/27    Minimal = (2.00*) ↑   Continental A    ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑   4 =   1 =   1 =   2 =  11 ↑  11 ↑  11 ↑   9 =   1 =   9 ↑   9 ↑  10 ↑  17 ↑  13 ↑  12 ↑
2027/28    Minimal = (2.00*) =   Continental Pro  ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑   5 ↑   1 =   2 ↑   2 =  12 ↑  12 ↑  12 ↑   9 =   1 =  10 ↑  10 ↑  11 ↑  20 ↑  15 ↑  14 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Adequate             Adequate          Adequate              Good             Average            Regional   (1.50*)
2023/24    Adequate =           Adequate =        Adequate =            Excellent   ↑    Above Average ↑    Regional = (1.50*) =
2024/25    Adequate =           Adequate =        Adequate =            Exceptional ↑    Good          ↑    Regional = (1.50*) =
2025/26    Adequate =           Adequate =        Adequate =            Exceptional =    Excellent     ↑    Regional = (1.50*) =
2026/27    Adequate =           Adequate =        Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional   ↑    Regional = (1.50*) =
2027/28    Adequate =           Adequate =        Adequate =            Exceptional =    Exceptional   ↑    Regional = (1.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24      50        25       11       14          91              62                 +29              50.00%
2024/25      47        18        7       22          64              78                 -14              38.30% ↓
2025/26      47        20       10       17          55              56                  -1              42.55% ↑
2026/27      47        22        7       18          81              63                 +18              46.81% ↑
2027/28      47        20       12       15          80              60                 +20              42.55% ↓

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24          50        25       11       14          91              62                 +29              50.00%             328 days
2024/25          97        43       18       36         155             140                 +15              44.33% ↓           685 days
2025/26         144        63       28       53         210             196                 +14              43.75% ↓         1,049 days
2026/27         191        85       35       71         291             259                 +32              44.50% ↑         1,420 days
2027/28         238       105       47       86         371             319                 +52              44.12% ↓         1,791 days

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
31 January 2025    Michael Dunlop            Goalkeeper             Kilmarnock                   Scotland                       £49,500
20 January 2027    Fynlay Mackenzie          Central Defender       Kilmarnock                   Scotland                      £100,000

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     Scottish Cup          Premier Sports Cup        Achievements
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       cinch League Two                      2nd       Quarter Final         Group Stage               Lost in promotion playoff semi finals.  SPFL Trust Trophy third round.
2024/25           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       cinch League Two                      7th ↓     Fourth Round  ↓       Group Stage  =            A giant step backwards.  SPFL Trust Trophy quarter final.
2025/26           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       cinch League Two                      6th ↑     Fourth Round  =       Second Round ↑            Mid table medicrity.  SPFL Trust Trophy third round.
2026/27           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       cinch League Two                      4th ↑     Fourth Round  =       Group Stage  ↓            Lost in promotion playoff semi finals.  SPFL Trust Trophy third round.
2027/28           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       cinch League Two                      4th =     Third Round   ↓       Group Stage  =            Promoted via promotion playoffs.  SPFL Trust Trophy second round.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24    Willie Robertson YP24B2                   7
2024/25    Willie Robertson YP24B2                  42
2025/26    Willie Robertson YP24B2                  85
2026/27    Willie Robertson YP24B2                 125
2027/28    Willie Robertson YP24B2                 170
           Ryan Watterson YP24F6                   170

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Goals
2023/24    Willie Robertson YP24B2                       1
2024/25    Willie Robertson YP24B2                       2
           Ryan Watterson YP24F6                         2
2025/26    Ryan Watterson YP24F6                         5
2026/27    Brendan Winton YP24J10                       30
2027/28    Brendan Winton YP24J10                       73

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                        Cumulative Number of Assists
2023/24    No one                                      0
2024/25    Calvin Cennerazzo YP24P16                   1
2025/26    Calvin Cennerazzo YP24P16                   3
           Willie Robertson YP24B2                     3
2026/27    Andy Houston YP26G39                       10
2027/28    Alex Gartland YP26N46                      17
           Andy Houston YP26G39                       17

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                    Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2023/24    No one                                     0
2024/25    No one                                     0
2025/26    No one                                     0
2026/27    No one                                     0
2027/28    Sofiane Rahmani YP25A17                   10

Edited by DazRTaylor

1 hour ago, Daddy said:

913uuhy.png

I almost feel bad about this lol. The funny thing is my former star keeper went to Barcelona and he had to watch his mediocre backup hold them to a draw. 

I think if you’d had one shot on target and scored from it then feel bad but if you miss two penalties in one game you don’t deserve to win :lol:

Badak Lampung - Season Six - Indonesian League One - Mid Season Update

League - 7th

We are doing much better this campaign than the last in League One, with 26 points already (we only got 33 in the whole season during our debut campaign in League One). We are definitely better equipped now and we can actually compete against any team (as can be seen below).

image.thumb.png.455d065e7ba7dae3cd2a05a6062322c8.png

Indonesian Cup

After winning last year and realizing it may be the best path to the champions league (for now), we decided to focus on the cup again. We are already into the Semi Final, after a 6-2 on aggregate demolition of Persija (think the Man Utd of Indonesia). The second leg a very impressive 4-1 victory away from home. Can we make it two in a row? Our semi final is against fellow mid table side Persipura.

image.thumb.png.0a4fa30d0d444221503344cf182e5b66.png

Europe Asian Confederations Cup (2nd tier of continental competition)

We absolutely dominated our group, which was a bit of a surprise. There are ALOT of phases in this competition. So next is the ASEAN zone semi final against Selangor, we would then play the ASEAN zone final, the Interzone Semi Final, the Interzone Final and then the Confederations Cup Final.

image.thumb.png.6468dccf59c566bc7a85c58d577a1124.png

Other News

Shortly after this update I got a new contract and another Youth Upgrade.

This time it was our Youth Recruitment

Youth Recruitment: Excellent to Exceptional

So now both Junior Coaching and Youth Recruitment is Exceptional :D

image.thumb.png.af7c46baf4a12e8fa05004dfd717d1e5.png

Bild_2023-05-18_092441698.png.b3834831bda6b7f5bd62922bf0bbcdcf.png

"When the sea hits heavy on the eastern shorline. Sail as one." Earl of Grey

1st Season 2023/24

I don't know how long I'll do this but this year was a long one. I didn't savescum first time in my career in FM and was happy to keep the ship out of relegation fight despite being predicted to finish last in the league (300-1). Nontheless, team and chairman where furious with our performance. Me was just happy. Of course I didn't receive any plaudits after all not to mention upgrades or coaching badges. 

We had  a 13 match winless run and our central defenders played every match, they were so tired that it was recommended to rest them for weeks but still they had to play. Our intake was great because every position was filled and next year we have subs. One or two of them may be ready for first team. Expectation for the next year are very high, mid table finish. I don't know how I can manage that. Thanks to some masters of the game like @Johnny Ace with the 433 thread which helped a lot. I also want to name Fmtahiti from twitter and his dirty tricks on the pitch (how to bring in a reducer) and many others who patiently answered my questions.

Spoiler

Bild_2023-05-18_093942247.thumb.png.d8afe8fef1372185a45315eb3889acfc.png

Key to our "success" was the attacking triangle with Hussein, Osideko and Ekongo plus our best player Baker dictating the game behind them. Also our BPD McKenzie and the 38 year old J. English added some assists. At times we where reaching for the play off spots but having almost no subs (despite the grey players) kicked us in times when schedule was thick. Our adequate training facilities helped us in developing some of the players. 

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto2023-05-17um20_08_30.thumb.png.4d88edc1fc7d543e4c5dd32cc864d3f3.png

Our most promising prospect is 16 years old Eboh who I will play as an IFs and he showed some talent in the last matches adding 2 assists to his name.

Spoiler

Bildschirmfoto2023-05-16um22_24_43.thumb.png.53550c4798df32b2c30a45983034499c.png

@all: How do you guys work your images that they are all nicely and hidden?

Thanks much

the Earl of Grey

thank you @Libertine13

Edited by HanziZoloman

Has anyone used chatAI to generate season reviews yet?  I had been planning for a while but never got around to it.

I've wasted most of the evening trying to automate (for the large part, anyway) input text using data I already have in the spreadsheet, and the text I am getting out of the software is not too bad.  I think I will create a summary at the end of my current season, but imagine it will soon start to look very repetitive so might not stick with it.

ROESIDERS PUSH GLENTORAN ALL THE WAY

S6_SaveOverview.thumb.png.1866acf819dc7785e59109c21f34a32b.png

S6_SquadOverview.thumb.png.3716df082d2e146bd46bbd4304ea6cd2.png

S6_YouthOverview.thumb.png.015058ba29fde64625bfd2ee0a9404fa.png

More Youth Details
Youth Intake Preview
Youth Intake Top 5

Season Review
I was excited for our first foray into Europe but it was very shortlived as a tough draw against FC Vaduz (for those that don't know they are the Lichenstein side that compete in Switzerland and qualify for Europe by winning the Lichenstein FA Cup) which we lost 3-1 on aggregate. The money that came in took me up to around £880k and I was knocking on the chairman's door for upgrades but he declined both Junior Coaching and Training Facilities. The good news was that there were less fixtures to worry about and after seeing Linfield struggle this year due to the sheer volume of matches I think it was for the best.

In the league we went into the Championship Group split with the league looking like this:
S6_TitleRunIn.thumb.png.e5a2307c80bd3444b036f226c79e551a.png

Just before playing Glentoran I was 1 point behind them but we lost the match and Glentoran pulled away. On the last day of the season Larne lost to Glentoran whilst we drew (disappointingly) at home to Coleraine which brought us level on points but better goal difference than Larne to steal second place!

In the cups we defended the North West Senior Cup with a near carbon copy of last years final except we won 4-1 against Ballinamallard Utd rather than 3-1. I would like to win the Northern Irish Cup at some stage however the priority remains qualifying for Europe and then trying to do as much as we can in Europe to maximise the funds coming in as I've done the easier of the upgrades.

I was able to get one upgrade to the training facilities after club legend Pavol Guba (Elite1) sealed a move to Atletico Madrid!!!! It was nowhere near the sell on I wanted as far as the transfer fee was concerned but it looks like Guba is a top notch player and I got him in year 1! If only he had come along around this point in the save he might have stuck around longer.

S6_GubaSellOn.png.ebdf130053eac37ad1b5d47423f214b1.png

S6_TrainingFacilitiesUpgrade.thumb.png.97a6ce018a3d777be04068e89be2350a.png

The chairman was at it again this time letting Denver Wilkinson (Elite1) leave which meant I had to use a left sided central midfielder on the left wing for most of the season until the intake provided another option. The good news however is I might be shot of him soon as there are takeover rumours and rather than the usual denial from the chairman it's saying he's open to it. If it happens I'm not expecting any investment as it rarely happens.

I've just been renewing my current staff's contracts as I'm neither in the financial nor reputational position to get any better ones in. The number of staff hasn't changed in 6 seasons and we are still semi -pro but until we start making real headway into Europe it will remain that way.

As far as the intake was concerned this year it looks like I have a real talent in my squad in the shape of Callum Martin (Elite6), he's already played 6 games in the league and averaged a respectable 6.80 but I only expect this to improve as he has all the makings of a really solid deep lying playmaker. Nathan Bell (Elite6) has also played first team football after injury left Fishwick (Elite4) out of the first team and Bell has scored 4 goals in 6 league games averaging 7.08 and I believe it will be him pairing Geneste (Elite5) next season. I did get a Brazilian youth intake but he was 2.5/3 potential and I let him go because I just didn't see anything coming from him, it was a nice surprise to have that and hopefully not the last but I would hope for a better quality Brazilian next time!

Next Season Aims
As I outlined above the priority is European qualification and progress which means cups will suffer if they need to. I have Aguilar (Elite4) and Reynierse (Elite4) both complaining now about playing with better players. I had this with Kerr (Elite3) last year but he backed down and then wanted a new contract so I'm hoping for the same. I've said I will not look to actively sell but will consider offers that come in, thats when I'll do the let them leave for reasonable fee chat (that's of course if the chairman isn't here and doesn't decide to just accept anyway)

Previous Season Summaries

Edited by Neo_Geo

6 minutes ago, JAwtunes said:

@XaWYou need to find yourself an affiliate in Cameroon!

I have the closest possible at the moment. Suddenly Toulouse are our senior affiliate! :onmehead:

image.png.aa104927921c1cd2b19355c1455ef8d7.png

Deportes Valdivia (Chile) - Season 4, 2026 Review

Competitions and Finances

Domestic League: Compeonato Betsson - 1st
Deportes Valdivia showcased their resilience and determination in the Compeonato Betsson, claiming the league title despite a mid-season slump. Their remarkable resurgence, winning 10 of their last 11 games, propelled them to the summit. Universidad Católica finished second, trailing by seven points.

Spoiler

Table

image.png.432891a919815cf3038d76685b1b8b6f.png

Player Records

image.png.6e8052a87d470cdaf1e7fa4fb0a531e7.png

Domestic Cup: Copa Chile Easy - A Historic Triumph
The triumph in the Copa Chile Easy added another chapter to Deportes Valdivia's success story. Facing stiff competition, they overcame Colo-Colo in the final to lift the trophy for the first time in their history.

Spoiler

image.png.cfa60ab1268f01c062cc26b8c91c4fe7.png

Continental Competitions: A Tale of Group Stage and Sudamericana
While Deportes Valdivia displayed their domestic prowess, their continental campaigns presented greater challenges. In the Copa Libertadores, they finished third in their group, missing out on qualification to the knockout stage. Falling into the Copa Sudamericana, they faced Goias of Brazil in the second round but were unable to progress, succumbing to a 2-3 aggregate defeat. São Paulo emerged as the Copa Libertadores winners, claiming their fourth title.

Spoiler

Copa Lib

image.png.3590e358c959596f081d087472de33e7.png

Sudamericana

image.png.e8b35fac316bf2778e8e9e13bdf30346.png

South American Highlights: Flamengo and Boca Juniors Reign Supreme
Across South America, two perennial powerhouses reaffirmed their dominance. In Brazil's Série A, Flamengo clinched their 11th title, jointly holding the record for the most championships. Meanwhile, in Argentina's Liga Profesional, Boca Juniors secured their 37th title, trailing only one behind their fierce rivals, River Plate.

International Football: France Reigns Supreme
On the international stage, the FIFA World Cup saw France emerge victorious, defeating Germany 3-1 in the final and winning their third title. Brazil were the best performing South American nation and reached the quarter-finals but eventually fell to France in a tightly contested 1-0 match. Chile, on the other hand, finished second in their group but faltered in the second round, losing 1-0 to Spain.

Financial Challenges: Debt and Loans Impact Upgrades
While Deportes Valdivia celebrated success on the pitch, financial challenges loom large. With a balance of £-399,187 and existing loans, the club faces constraints on facility upgrades. Rectifying the financial situation will be crucial to ensuring the club's long-term stability and continued growth.

Deportes Valdivia's Standout Performers and Top Prospects

Fans Player of the Year: Nicolás Astete [60]

Nicolás Astete, wearing the prestigious number 10 shirt, has once again been crowned the Fans Player of the Year. At the age of 33, this experienced attacking midfielder has proven his worth time and again. Astete's strength lies in his skill and determination, making him a formidable force on the field. He appeared in 25 games, starting in 14, and predominantly played as a shadow striker. Although his attributes are starting to decline, Astete's impact cannot be underestimated, making him a deserving recipient of the award for the third time.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9b8be52467fbda83826aebb6bb737e83.png

Top Performers:

Nicolás Astete [60] - 7.41
Playing in the positions of attacking midfielder and striker, Astete showcased his exceptional skills and passing abilities. His accurate shooting and technical finesse consistently influenced the game, earning him high praise from the fans and a rating of 7.41.

Jaime Opazo [62] - 7.32
Opazo, who predominantly featured as a defensive midfielder and central midfielder, demonstrated his skill and passing prowess throughout the season. His ability to control the tempo of the game and contribute to the attack earned him a rating of 7.32.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.f2979f3e795df48160f0a0e58beb6281.png

Leonardo Uribe [60] - 7.22
Uribe's intelligence and versatility on the field made him a valuable asset for Deportes Valdivia. Operating as a central midfielder and attacking midfielder, his contributions were instrumental in creating scoring opportunities. Uribe's overall rating of 7.22 is a testament to his consistent performances.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.555ddddcc43adedbe878f73d1a180384.png

Top Scorer: Eitan Ramírez [64]

Eitan Ramírez emerged as the top scorer of the season, finding the back of the net 26 times across all competitions (including 20 in the league). Playing as a central striker, Ramírez's remarkable speed and agility enabled him to outrun defenders and showcase his dribbling and finishing abilities. This talented striker has built upon his success from the previous season, solidifying his status as a key player for Deportes Valdivia.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.74abf6439a5012f6a5ab6f0f487ef673.png

Top Assister: Jaime Opazo [62]

Not only did Jaime Opazo excel defensively, but he also contributed significantly to the team's attacking prowess. With an impressive tally of 13 assists in all competitions, Opazo's exceptional passing abilities and determination played a vital role in setting up goals for his teammates.

Youth Intake:

Deportes Valdivia has reason to be optimistic about the future, thanks to an exceptional 5 star youth intake. The club's youth academy has produced a promising batch of players, with six players rated as elite prospects, four as top prospects, and two as good prospects. This influx of talent bodes well for the club's long-term development.

Spoiler

image.png.4b890db421c24e1772b16a601d6747b2.png

Top Young Prospects:

José Carrasco 26a [47] - Age: 16, Position: Defensive Midfielder, Midfielder (Center)
Described as a hardworking midfielder, Carrasco's strength lies in his teamwork and endurance. His commitment and work rate on the pitch make him a valuable asset to the team's defensive efforts.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.874c9c4b4f5c02522f0c83adb4751d7a.png

Claudio Silva 26b [50] - Age: 16, Position: Right Winger
Silva, a young and exciting winger, possesses exceptional speed and agility. His ability to beat defenders with his quickness and create scoring opportunities marks him as a player to watch in the future.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8f7480c0f91669bbaff68dc4dc1ed887.png

Patricio Espinoza 26c [56] - Age: 16, Position: Center-back
Espinoza, an enthusiastic and tall center-back, showcases his strength in ground duels, aerial duels, and endurance. With notable attributes such as bravery, teamwork, and work rate, he has the potential to become a solid defender for Deportes Valdivia.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.19f3e5f33d3145d91409bb23b88ba51a.png

SUMMARY

image.thumb.png.6cde9a7273c73439415c2a281d1e48ff.png

image.thumb.png.7bb5eb5c7c2e5de3fffe349104b9c6fe.png

image.png.994bfb40b05a5899a7a3f1abbe33a4e7.png

Edited by JAwtunes

Brønshøj BK live score, schedule and results - Football - Sofascore

Brønshøj BK - Youth Intake Season 18

A bit underwhelming this year, gotta give the new HOYD time to settle in I think. Hopefully his potential opinions are wrong and some of these guys have room to improve. That being said, having 3.5-4 stars PA is fine for this team and will build depth, the issue is that we still need 1-2 of those world class talents to win a Champions League.

wmZPXf.jpg

Orting 18d is the only player really worth highlighting right now. Has good starting attributes and his passing ability makes me want to play him as an AM(A) as opposed to a PF(A).

7HgikN.jpg

Badak Lampung - Season Six - Indonesian League One - End of Year Review

League - 10th

Our best ever finish in the league. Comfortably mid table and could have been better. Our end of season form was relatively poor.....BUT for a very good tactical reason.

image.thumb.png.5d79114b1b83c0cd04c82aed3578f9f5.png

Indonesian Cup - WINNER (2nd time in a row)

In a re-run of last years cup final we played Persikabo again. Last time was a 4-3 aggregate victory, this time a 3-2 aggregate victory. This means we again qualify for the Asian Champions League Playoffs (if we win that we get in the group stage).

image.thumb.png.036241ba6747aacba1cbf379fd934741.pngimage.thumb.png.0f119c25c0c8c2b24972cccff96050b6.png'

Asian Confederations Cup - Interzone Final (I forgot the screenshots)

After winning our group, we won the Asean Zone semis in extra time and comfortably won the final.  We then won the Interzone Semis with a huge 7-3 aggregate win against Indian side Kerala FC and got into the Interzone Final. 

image.thumb.png.38d160ddc05b1bf36ce33ee802a7cd3b.png

Unfortunately in the Interzone Final we got a good result away with a 2-2 draw, but struggle at home and lost on aggregate 7-5. The crazy amount of fixtures also shows why our league form suffered at the end, as I knew the Indonesian Cup and Confederation Cup were more valuable to the club right now. (we got over 500k combined for the cup and continental competition).

image.thumb.png.5455e51cf08eb2633808ed6b86ec84a7.png

The Squad

We had such a good season, especially considering we just got promoted. Ismail Hardianto (YP04A) continued on from last seasons 30 goals in 32 games, to get 40 goals in 43 (10) starts. Budi Haryanto (YP06A) our new youth player that we got at the start of the season, had a great debut campaign, with 24 goals in 17 starts with 25 appearances off the bench.

image.thumb.png.a84e317e7510ecf5339660cfaf17e438.png

image.thumb.png.3d0d4f31a541fdf36ef9ccdf5f97cbba.png

The Finances

The finances are pretty good overall especially with the performances in the cup and Asian competition. We got a massive 854k in prize money this season! So I took the time to make a request or two.

image.thumb.png.e8800981278612efd27cdfa8e4ab8637.png

image.thumb.png.44025a3f18c48b8083926d8a7e9d50c7.png

Other News

We are improving our youth facilities. That does mean the above screenshot is now obsolete, but I am trying to ensure every year that we improve we ensure that the success is mirrored in our facilities.

I also got another coaching course.

Indonesian League One also went up in the competition rankings! This is something that will become more important as we go on. From 20th Up to 18th

image.thumb.png.327a98d8ee0b84f23dcee2bc444067e3.png

image.thumb.png.cc93cb1df656e38fa556568915c3b3a2.png

image.thumb.png.4e0820113f94e94733c2a12ccb589eeb.png

Edited by glennuk

On 18/05/2023 at 22:22, JAwtunes said:

Has anyone used chatAI to generate season reviews yet?  I had been planning for a while but never got around to it.

I've been experimenting since you mentioned it and it's really interesting! I'm definitely gonna use it for my next season review

18 hours ago, JAwtunes said:

Deportes Valdivia (Chile) - Season 4, 2026 Review

created by chatAI? it reads like it might have been!

Edited by libbyshuss
(i really like it btw!)

@libbyshussyes mate. I had all the data in Excel anyway so thought I'd give it a go and I really like it. I just used concatenate to create a text string and let the AI do its stuff. I used it as a draft and basically removed bits I didn't like and added a few extra bits as I read through adding pics.