Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passes away. 21st April 1926 - 8th September 2022.

Confused Clarity

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rob1981 said:

Yeah, announcement coming soon I reckon.  They've got the big man Huw Edwards fronting BBC News now, where normally he wouldn't clock on until tea time.  And he's got the black tie on.

Yeah, either it's happened or the BBC have been told to expect it to happen. 

Yeah, announcement coming soon I reckon.  They've got the big man Huw Edwards fronting BBC News now, where normally he wouldn't clock on until tea time.  And he's got the black tie on.

Everyone behind is wearing black too. Did they have a stash of clothes nearby?

8 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

BBC1 have cleared the schedule through til the news at 6, I think we're going to be getting an announcement soon. 

2 minutes ago, Rob1981 said:

BBC have suspended their schedule until 6pm as well

would guess she's gone and they are waiting until the family to get there to announce it

14 minutes ago, leftback in the changing room said:

Oh man, that's horrible. I'm sorry that you're going through this.

My mum went quickly in the end after a long time with MS, but we had time to get the closest family round when she died. I dread to think what it would have been like for my Dad had her death been drawn out over days and weeks. She'd had pneumonia and an overnight oxygen level drop; she was still breathing but other than that she was gone and was never coming back.

Thanks for that, but sorry to hear about your Mum too. I think one thing i've learned is that things rarely go as you think they will. Sometimes that's for the better, sometimes for the worse.

Just now, themadsheep2001 said:

Yeah, either it's happened or the BBC have been told to expect it to happen. 

I’d go as far to say you can tell from Huw Edwards and the royal reporter’s expressions that she’s gone. They’ve basically got to drag out talking about it until the official statement is released. 

Just now, hjfh said:

I’d go as far to say you can tell from Huw Edwards and the royal reporter’s expressions that she’s gone. They’ve basically got to drag out talking about it until the official statement is released. 

Nicholas Whitchell is nearly in tears ffs

1 minute ago, JJ72 said:

Seeing as she's been on rest or light duties for a while, I'd not be surprised if they asked everyone to have black clothes they could change into if the news were to come in. 

Just now, Drazkul said:

Seeing as she's been on rest or light duties for a while, I'd not be surprised if they asked everyone to have black clothes they could change into if the news were to come in. 

I'll tap my mate who works in the BBC newsroom about this because that sounds plausible, but he's going to be pretty busy right now...

3 minutes ago, Mr_Whippy said:

Sad progress down the East Coast Mainline? The train won't make it with the state that line is in and will be held at Stevenage for a couple of hours.

They will just close the whole line for the day surely?  Can't risk another train breaking down in front of her :D

6 minutes ago, JJ72 said:

Yeah. Remember reading an interview with a news reader (can't remember who) who said they pretty much have a black tie at arms length at all times  

this sort of speculation of the BBC is just totally distasteful.  Surely have one bulletin letting the public know what we currently know, and then wait until near the announcement, unless they know an announcement is due in the next 15-30 minutes.  We surely can't have 2-3 hours of people just raking over her health over the last year.

Just now, martinji said:

this sort of speculation of the BBC is just totally distasteful.  Surely have one bulletin letting the public know what we currently know, and then wait until near the announcement, unless they know an announcement is due in the next 15-30 minutes.  We surely can't have 2-3 hours of people just raking over her health over the last year.

They probably know more than they can currently say.

Just now, Anaconda Vice said:

Some van just arrived at the estate and they cut the picture immediately to black.

BBC know way more than they are letting on.

Yep.  They're obviously needing to keep the entirety of what they know under wraps.  Fact is, there will always be mass speculation about what's going on, just like what happened around the time Prince Philip died.

4 minutes ago, martinji said:

Is it not part of the procedures? Pretty sure this is what is meant to happen.

2 minutes ago, martinji said:

this is the 2020s its all they do. hence why tiktok etc has taken over the minds of the world

1 minute ago, ginnybob said:

Witchell has given her mobility issues, suggested a fall, given her cancer, given her gout...all in the space of 20 minutes.

****ing "Royal Correspondent". What a pointless job. He doesn't actually know anything more than anybody else.

Kind of person who has probably criticised Harry and Meghan for disrespecting the Queen but by aimlessly speculating in this way he’s disrespected her more than they ever have. Very distasteful. 

Yeah, that's ominous.  Clearly expecting the public to gather imminently.

Noticed a police van outside Buckingham Palace too.

Guess the roundabout would be closed the second there was an announcement.

Changing of the Guard also isn't happening this afternoon 

Edited by batch