The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, the_hdk said:

posted about south korea in bugs...and got reply by a korean guy that the promotion/relagation got postponed again due to covid...so no south korea for us in the challange.

Aww shucks! Sad to see that's postponed again.

8 hours ago, Ray46 said:

Guillermo Valdéz 24A is a beast. It's like you won the lottery with a player like that early in the save. Fingers crossed you can hold on to him for a while.

We will see. He's still on a youth contract. :D

5 minutes ago, hubwub said:

Since I got promoted to Liga BBVA MX, I was wondering if I could retroactively add the Canadian Premier League (Canada) and Major League Soccer (USA)?

spacer.png

3000-1 to win. The gauntlet is on.

Yeah you can add leagues after you've started. 

Can anyone offer some good advice for optimising training to develop young players please?

I have "average" rated training facilities, which is pretty good for the level I'm at, and 5 first team coaches and an assistant manager all with good key traits ('working with youngsters', 'determination', 'level of discipline', 'motivating') and yet I'm not seeing much improvement at all in my players - if anything, players are getting worse. I also manage their gametime so that they don't get too tired or burnt out but I'm wondering if this even matters?

Is it just a case of players not improving much until the club turns professional? Or are average facilities not high enough to see results?

Thanks for any help!

Edited by schnauzer

27 minutes ago, schnauzer said:

Can anyone offer some good advice for optimising training to develop young players please?

I have "average" rated training facilities, which is pretty good for the level I'm at, and 5 first team coaches and an assistant manager all with good key traits ('working with youngsters', 'determination', 'level of discipline', 'motivating') and yet I'm not seeing much improvement at all in my players - if anything, players are getting worse. I also manage their gametime so that they don't get too tired or burnt out but I'm wondering if this even matters?

Is it just a case of players not improving much until the club turns professional? Or are average facilities not high enough to see results?

Thanks for any help!

are they getting good rating when they play? That's one of the biggest factors from what I read. If you're forcing young players to play and they're getting crushed it won't help them (other than a chance to warn/fine them to boost their determination). 

30 minutes ago, schnauzer said:

Thanks for any help!

I don't make it complicated for my young players as in players under the age of 18. I don't criticize or praise them when they are playing well in my team. I think it affects them.

However, it's a different story if it's training.

- Anything above 7.1, I will praise my young player.

- Anything below 6.5, I will criticize my young player.

I also don't make their training instructions complicated. I train them in the position I play them. This is Jordi Rocha 23C, he is a regen that was generated during the holiday season before I took over Tampico Madero. The only thing I set for this player was that they train as a Regista.

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 minute ago, Daddy said:

are they getting good rating when they play? That's one of the biggest factors from what I read. If you're forcing young players to play and they're getting crushed it won't help them (other than a chance to warn/fine them to boost their determination). 

The warn and fine works wonders for raising determination. It might even cause out-of-game scenarios in which the player comes back more determined.

15 minutes ago, hubwub said:

I don't make it complicated for my young players as in players under the age of 18. I don't criticize or praise them when they are playing well in my team. I think it affects them.

However, it's a different story if it's training.

- Anything above 7.1, I will praise my young player.

- Anything below 6.5, I will criticize my young player.

I also don't make their training instructions complicated. I train them in the position I play them. This is Jordi Rocha 23C, he is a regen that was generated during the holiday season before I took over Tampico Madero. The only thing I set for this player was that they train as a Regista.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The warn and fine works wonders for raising determination. It might even cause out-of-game scenarios in which the player comes back more determined.

Good job, the fact that he has a resolute personality is a big help. Very good progress !

Edited by OlivierL

Just now, OlivierL said:

Good job, the fact that he has a resolute personality is a big help. Very good progress !

image.png

image.png

image.jpeg

berchem_1.png

berchem_2.png

The fact that he is a Resolute personality makes it better.

It's a reason as to why I try to get most of my support staff in the club to be either Professional, Perfectionist, Model Professional, Model Citizen, Resolute, Spirited, and Fairly Professional. 

spacer.png

4 minutes ago, OlivierL said:

I am going back to what I originally intended, starting in my own country, very close to home. Belgium !

I holidayed a few seasons in with Diagem to see the extent of the Belgian financial bug; within 4 seasons the club was €10m in debt. I'm half-tempted to carry on anyway, but I don't see how they can come back from that really.

11 minutes ago, VinnyChilds said:

I holidayed a few seasons in with Diagem to see the extent of the Belgian financial bug; within 4 seasons the club was €10m in debt. I'm half-tempted to carry on anyway, but I don't see how they can come back from that really.

That is really not realistic.  i'm adding you to my intro because you did a lot of effort . i saw some takeovers in my holidaying trials before i started in Belgium and i'm hoping for a good takeover.. if not , it will be a really long and hard adventure.

1 hour ago, schnauzer said:

Is it just a case of players not improving much until the club turns professional?

Going professional will make a massive difference, but you can still get good (for lower level) dev for good personality youngsters. Assume poor personalities won't develop at all.

I'll echo the others getting at least a 7.0 rating helps development significantly. As a tip if you're bringing them on as a sub make sure they get on the field before the 75' as unless they contribute to a goal you need 15 min to get a rating. Then the praising and criticizing, though tedious, will make a huge difference.

I don't fiddle much with the training regimes, but once you go professional you can get a major benefit by micromanaging. Lots of guides online if you want to go that route.

Also remember your coaches are still pretty bad at judging potential so there isn't always PA to be reached.

spacer.png

CDS Tampico Madero - Liga BBVA MX - 2024/2025

CLUB: PROFILE | FACILITIES | HONOURS | BOARD VISION | SUPPORTERS | FINANCES

MANAGER: CHARACTERISTICS | ATTRIBUTES

spacer.pngspacer.png

New threads since we are now in Liga BBVA MX. They now have sponsors similar to what's on the real life jerseys. TUDN isn't a real life sponsor but I like them.

Liga BBVA MX Apertura

gJRaEhz.png

Kicked off Apertura with a win over Cruz Azul.

Miscellaneous

Released three players. Worried about contract negotiations for my older stars, but we will see.

11 minutes ago, v1n1akabozo said:

Hey guys, i got a question for you. Which attributes from a HOYD actually matter? I'm always aiming for a good personality, but aside that "Working with youngsters" really matter? And judging CA and PA as well?

Check this thread by searching for HOYD. some people have given already anwsers better than what I can come up with.

Maybe we need to sticky one anwser or add the to FAQ?

8 minutes ago, v1n1akabozo said:

Hey guys, i got a question for you. Which attributes from a HOYD actually matter? I'm always aiming for a good personality, but aside that "Working with youngsters" really matter? And judging CA and PA as well?

Personality is crucial then followed by attributes.

• Professional
  • Perfectionist
  • Model Professional
  • Model Citizen
  • Resolute
  • Spirited
  • Fairly Professional

Then I look for Working With Youngsters, Judging CA, and Judging PA. It has to be minimum 5. The higher the better in regards to attributes.

Followed, by Discipline, Determination, and Motivation because aside from being your HOYD they are a still a coach. So look for coaching stats that are decent.

Previously, I looked at Media Handling but I don't know if it's still a big factor for your youth intake.

When looking for a HOYD, don't shy away from finding a former player that retired. A last resort is getting a regen staff as your HOYD. I couldn't get a former player as my HOYD for my Tampico Madero save, I'm running it with a regen.

Also, be patient with your HOYD because it takes several intakes before their influence is properly maximized.

2 minutes ago, hubwub said:

Previously, I looked at Media Handling but I don't know if it's still a big factor for your youth intake.

Media Handling just gives more specifics on the hidden attributes, so it is equally important to personality (just sometimes doesn't tell you much). @v1n1akabozo i posted earlier in this thread of how to interpret these two in concert and links to pages to help give you the attribute ranges.

Another important thing is the "Tactical Style" you want to avoid Catenaccio & Park the Bus (imo) as these generate low skill defensive players. Any of the others have worked for me. My current HOYD changes between Vert Tiki-Taka / Tiki-Taka & Fluid Counter-Attack. No idea why.

28 minutes ago, Nottingham Forest said:

It wouldn't let me post in the update post but just wanted to show you the below.

Idrissa Dembélé YP1c is improving a fair bit already. 

Intake

359106955_IdrissaDemblYP1c_Profile.thumb.png.5624695bae9eebcdd04acd61ff519ffd.png

After 1 Season

961269230_IdrissaDemblYP1c_Profile.thumb.png.4d6e6bc2df0f5f5755f0854ac24c2afb.png

what a great early roll for your GK. Hope you can hang onto him

20 minutes ago, hubwub said:

Personality is crucial then followed by attributes.

• Professional
  • Perfectionist
  • Model Professional
  • Model Citizen
  • Resolute
  • Spirited
  • Fairly Professional

Then I look for Working With Youngsters, Judging CA, and Judging PA. It has to be minimum 5. The higher the better in regards to attributes.

Followed, by Discipline, Determination, and Motivation because aside from being your HOYD they are a still a coach. So look for coaching stats that are decent.

When looking for a HOYD, don't shy away from finding a former player that retired. A last resort is getting a regen staff as your HOYD. I couldn't get a former player as my HOYD for my Tampico Madero save, I'm running it with a regen.

Also, be patient with your HOYD because it takes several intakes before their influence is properly maximized.

I would like to add that reputation is very important ( like the reputation of the club and your own rep)  You don't have to sign a HOYD if you can't find a good one but are able to find a DoF of Assistant or a coach with great personality/ JPA and JCA. You can give him the youth intake task.

Edited by OlivierL

5 minutes ago, Perre8 said:

Intro

Last time i posted my intro at Club Portugalete but i didn't feel the determination to continue, so i went for something new. I saw the list from @The7Striker (thank you very much!) in Portugal and immediateley my eye fell on CF Caniçal, located on the island of Madeira!

Imagine the Champions League cup driving on an open bus true the streets of that tiny island!

33b35a0e51643747b9bfdcc7ff9ea445.png

I never coached a team in Portugal before in this challenge, so why not try it on an island based team.

We are starting in the 4th tier in the Campéonato de Portugal serie D.

Madeira (IPA: [mɐˈðejɾɐ]) (Portuguese for wood) is an island in the Atlantic Ocean, about 700 kilometers west of Africa and 850 kilometers southwest of the Portuguese coast. Together with Porto Santo and the Ilhas Desertas and the Ilhas Selvagens further south, it forms the archipelago and autonomous region of Madeira of Portugal. The Azores have the same status within Portugal. The largest city in Madeira and also the capital of the autonomous region is Funchal.

e3ff25477ac7893f224f7ccf8f567155.png

image.png.cffc4195b1a364f80115c3367863fcf7.png

CF Caniçal - Portugal - Intro - 4th tier - Campéonato de Portugal serie D

Club Vision/Supporter Profile/Finances/Facilities

3f7f423349d0fa09e01eaf739062e35f.png

c79c61642d485b24e835d116987b7b1b.png83caab48714551c14475de1c0ccaa6c5.png

e497136f3603e851d040aae9dfb89a04.jpg

39b80d02d729309d9fb4e3e7576bb4d3.png

Key Players

2081c2da473a857bea9ed80b29a7943a.png8e326843d63e643f9a57500d2d0876e1.png

a7e193ef271935dbab938e25ce93d106.png

2d4959d8067e535ed93c04b9027aaf3a.png

So this preview tells me this will be quite the challenge

A Youth challenge on an island is always great . I love the kits ! Good luck

Serbia
Reset date: 15-16 June
Save May 1st for different teams

Can't get the holiday to get the exact reset date, but this will help.

Sweden
Reset date: December 26th
Div3/Div2 Playoffs: September 25th - *Not required, but your team might be here. Save early September for different teams*

Edited by SolnaRoyal

8 hours ago, the_hdk said:

posted about south korea in bugs...and got reply by a korean guy that the promotion/relagation got postponed again due to covid...so no south korea for us in the challange.

Mind linking the thread?

You would hope/think that they would just delay it for the next few years. It is not like they are going to postpone it forever...

spacer.png

CDS Tampico Madero - Liga BBVA MX - 2024/2025

Youth Academy Assessment

HHzUAz3.png

There are now 22 Youth Products in the club.

Where are they from?

2CEqG7A.png  NCdpgbR.png

I learned new things about Tampico. It's by the Gulf of Mexico. The current iteration of the club is a phoenix club of sorts and the old one is now Club Atlético La Paz.

Miscellaneous

spacer.png

More money. Maybe, I can get upgrades for the club now?!

7 hours ago, glennuk said:

Mind linking the thread?

You would hope/think that they would just delay it for the next few years. It is not like they are going to postpone it forever...

Enjoying reading the posts already from this seasons YACs! I'm going to be starting my own version of this. It is unofficial as I am going to be using the pre-game editor to complete the playing squad and add in the 10 or so missing players from my chosen team so that the club feels more complete.

I do have a questions though if anyone can advise me?

Do you offer part time contracts to all your players to ensure that you keep hold of them or do you leave the majority as non-contract and hope for the best? I know the wage total ramps up quickly if you offer lots of part time wage contracts so wondered what most people do?

I do try to offer as many contracts early doors. However, it can hamper you like it did with me if older players quality drop below what you’d expect.

I had Gary Liddle on £1500 and Lewis Alessandra on £1200. Plus a few others. That meant I’ve lost Boney & Hooper at the end of each season.

It’s getting the right balance so you’re not lumbered with players who fall away but also so you don’t lose quality.