The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After a few years doing other saves and challenges, I give this another go - in Belgium with

K.S.C. Lokeren-Temse

A club formed following the bankruptcy of two-times cup winner Sporting Lokeren through a merger with amateur side KSV Temse.

Can we make a comeback? Or will it end in another financial disaster? (I am aware of the problems in Belgium)

We start with the oldest squad in the league and without promising youngsters from the intake in the first season - and of course with no experience and knowledge (sorry for the german screenshot, didn't think to switch before taking it)

And one question at the start: Where can I change the responsibility for the youth intake to another member of my staff if I don't have a Head of Youth Development? Can't find it after so many years, I didn't need it. Thanks :)

Trainer.jpg

15 minutes ago, Kazushi80 said:

After a few years doing other saves and challenges, I give this another go - in Belgium with

K.S.C. Lokeren-Temse

A club formed following the bankruptcy of two-times cup winner Sporting Lokeren through a merger with amateur side KSV Temse.

Can we make a comeback? Or will it end in another financial disaster? (I am aware of the problems in Belgium)

We start with the oldest squad in the league and without promising youngsters from the intake in the first season - and of course with no experience and knowledge (sorry for the german screenshot, didn't think to switch before taking it)

And one question at the start: Where can I change the responsibility for the youth intake to another member of my staff if I don't have a Head of Youth Development? Can't find it after so many years, I didn't need it. Thanks :)

Trainer.jpg

Good luck in Belgium. If you don't have a HOYD than I would suggest that you take a staff member with the best personality for youth intakes.

You will be our trigger if they have solved the financial issues in Belgium. If so I will restart in Belgium.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Bartrcm:

Good luck in Belgium. If you don't have a HOYD than I would suggest that you take a staff member with the best personality for youth intakes.

You will be our trigger if they have solved the financial issues in Belgium. If so I will restart in Belgium.

Thank you. And: Yes, that's want I want to do, but I can't find the option, where I can change the responsibility for the intakes to my assistant manager...

56 minutos atrás, Kazushi80 disse:

Thank you. And: Yes, that's want I want to do, but I can't find the option, where I can change the responsibility for the intakes to my assistant manager...

In the staff tab, you should have an option that says: "Player Reports". Then, one should be "Provides Youth Development information". 

Im not IG, but i think that is the way.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb The7Striker:

In the staff tab, you should have an option that says: "Player Reports". Then, one should be "Provides Youth Development information". 

Im not IG, but i think that is the way.

Okay, thanks a lot :) I did find that, thought there was an additional option.

15 minutos atrás, Kazushi80 disse:

Okay, thanks a lot :) I did find that, thought there was an additional option.

Then you can check in the Youth Candidates, in the under 19 squad, if the person that you choose is in fact the one responsible.

2 hours ago, DazRTaylor said:

For the people who like to play in Scotland, the Under 18 bug is still there.

Thanks for the heads up, was likely to try Scotland whenever my Swiss adventure is over

Edited by Neo_Geo

40 minutes ago, DazRTaylor said:

An Andorran file is out already and it is three tiers.  I have tested it for seven seasons by holidaying and it appears to be all ok.  It is by Timo and his files are normally quite good.

Oooh sounds interesting. If you happen to see a South Korean one with promotion and relegation let me know.

11 minutes ago, Branst23 said:

Question regarding this challenge - what coaching badge and playing experience level should you be using when you start the save?

Nothing or the recommended for the club?

Everything is explained in the First Post.

You'll always start this challenge without any badges or experience.

3 minutes ago, Winski said:

Everything is explained in the First Post.

You'll always start this challenge without any badges or experience.

Unless I need my eyes testing, I couldn't find any of this information on the initial post?

Thanks for the update :)

Edited by Branst23

9 minutes ago, Branst23 said:

Unless I need my eyes testing, I couldn't find any of this information on the initial post?

Thanks for the update :)

On 20/10/2022 at 19:55, darren1983 said:

Add a new manager with your chosen nationality and the lowest possible reputation and qualifications

@Branst23 Good luck finding some glasses :D  ;)

49 minutes ago, zeus77 said:

i'v completed with Madureira on FM22, mind to include me in the hall? :D

Well done. But I think you have to "document" your achievements with season updates in the thread.

Mostly, because we like to follow each other's adventures.

EDIT: I can see you posted this in the 22 thread. I don't know if that counts.

Edited by fries

58 minutes ago, benrollo said:

Rushed home to fire up my Zemun save and see if the club extensions have been fixed...

image.thumb.png.43d4a3afcc40d913075a2de7834dc84f.png

Edit: Can these only be triggered in the last year?

DOUBLE EDIT:
Should be trigger-able at any point 
:(
image.png.e8300a7c813450473242926f0df78042.png

bummer that bugs still there for you, contract extensions are critical for me in keeping my team together

1 hour ago, JLAB said:

257669045_MotorLublinLogo.png.78458e55239452f5183317cbb151af0e.png

Motor Lublin - Season 1 - Introducing Ourselves

137676944_RSKMotorLublinhireSawiski.png.50268a5424c7d08d6aa987fa3b6b4fd4.png

So now that the main game has finally come out, I have decided to finally start up my first attempt of the Youth Academy Challenge save in Football Manager 2023. We're managing in Poland because I have not managed in Poland before and nobody else was managing there at the time I decided to take over Motor Lublin in Poland.

55902423_ManagerProfile280623.thumb.png.cdade8a5ee9ed04543e24da426832d95.png

Why is my manager's name Piotr Sławiński? Well, he was a newgen that appeared in my beta save while I was managing in Colombia and he generated in Germany and also had that nationality.

572472072_MotorLublinStartingFacilities.png.c420850a424623a1619463904d3c1dc0.png

The reason why I took over Motor Lublin is pretty simple, they have one of the best facilities out of the clubs that I could have taken over in the division.

822029749_ClubVisionandExpectations.png.da068a29b524b7273b1a9008565b9724.png

The board are expecting us to avoid relegation this season, which could be rather challenging to say the least.

1593959923_SupporterProfileUpdate.png.87f3953ecd4de9b00bb432ff22527b10.png

The supporters want us to remain in the I Liga, which is ominous to me since they have moderate influence on the board and if they turn, I will not be enjoying myself.

1094380580_SeasonPreview280623.png.939c7543838c42ff78a23bae5f2fa80c.png

The club is expected to finish in 15th place on the 28th June 2023, which could change when the players who are currently on loan to the club leave us. So when we do see all of the loans leave the teams in the league, it'll be interesting to see where we'll be on the 1st July.

2109930973_SponsorshipIncome.png.7f5467c9fa6090e5d3e4dd53fe947622.png

We have the 11th highest sponsorship income, which probably isn't really enough to cover the financial outgoings, so hopefully this is something we can improve upon sooner rather than later.

Stadiums.png.78ac78ea11a87332350017963c293ecd.png

As for stadiums, we have the 3rd biggest stadium in the league, which is also one of the reasons why I wanted to take over this side. 

JLAB's YAC with Motor Lublin Part 0

Nice :) I saw the yt, you get the money at the end of the season for playing young players. Its quite nice money and easy to get in this challenge and when you get it you can go for facilities upgreat.

I would like to join the challenge, already 20th June 2023 now, but I'm not sure which team to choose... I would prefer Eskisehirspor, but I want to make sure it's possible and not against the rules or something :D

My other (a bigger challenge for sure...) option could be Nigde FK

As you can see, both teams are promoted, so they should be possible for the challenge, but it's weird that Eskisehir made a lot of transfers, while Nigde transfered no one. :confused:

Spoiler

screen1.jpg

screen2.jpg

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg

Edited by tual

7 minutes ago, Sn00gle said:

Nice :) I saw the yt, you get the money at the end of the season for playing young players. Its quite nice money and easy to get in this challenge and when you get it you can go for facilities upgreat.

That's good to know, I wasn't sure how that worked.

@Makoto NakamuraI sure did, it's even on steam: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2885969408 

If I get sacked in the Tier 3 Database at any point it must mean I need to start further down the pyramid!

Interesting note of difference between the two is that the D3 has U18 leagues for teams in the top 2 divisions while the D5 has U21 leagues for teams across all leagues that doesn't have age restrictions on player eligibility. If for whatever reason my U18 fails to get added to a league I'll restart down in the D5 as I'd rather have U18 league and then loan vs an open reserve league. 

1 minute ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

b3af0b71f484d877e774f0a38c6b0924.png

My kryptonite has already been released, but for now I shall soldier on with Crewe.

3 Tier Tahiti sounds right up your alley! 

We are just over halfway through the season and there is still the looming chance of relegation, so you might get your wish already in year 1 :) 

image.png.0ccf9ec4e7b3c7e57027d28c1bccc794.png

The last matchday is June 16th and our first cup match was August 6th, so not much of an offseason. But how about this performance from the young keeper. A hattrick of one penalty and two free kicks to lead us to victory.

9fMxm1.jpg

I released our original GK over the offseason since league rules require 3 U21 players and 1 GK on the bench. I'll start Pedersen and have another youth player kill two birds with one stone on the bench,

GzF1TB.jpg

10 hours ago, Bartrcm said:

I'm testing it right now ! if it is solved, i'll consider to restart.. if not i will continue with my current Belgium / Berchem save, i'm in the middle of season 2.

3 minutes ago, Shankly84 said:

Was just about to start in Scotland. What is the bug?

You can't sign U18 staff , can't delegate it to your DoF or something.

You can't ask your assistant or Hoyd about training updates (u18) or let them arrange friendlies . And you can't move players from A team to U18 team , once a player is in your senior team , he can't be moved.