The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

vor 12 Stunden schrieb benrollo:

Playable Nations yet to complete the challenge!
Here's the juicy stuff. Who has the balls to fire up a Singapore save?!

9b88c6186d1fa36d0cd5bcf7a5db7775.png

I don't know exactly the rules, but are league with only one playable league possible for the challenge? Was thinking of trying it in India, but they have only the Hero I League. Same for some other asian countries in the list too (Singapore, Hong Kong etc.)

I think it's only Indonesia, Malaysia or South Korea in the list with more than 1 league. So the hardest challenge (and they have the same YR as Singapore btw) is Malaysia?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, tual said:

I don't know exactly the rules, but are league with only one playable league possible for the challenge? Was thinking of trying it in India, but they have only the Hero I League. Same for some other asian countries in the list too (Singapore, Hong Kong etc.)

I think it's only Indonesia, Malaysia or South Korea in the list with more than 1 league. So the hardest challenge (and they have the same YR as Singapore btw) is Malaysia?

Only one playable league is not applicable for this thread.  There is a separate thread where it is.

Wondering why I would not have the option/button to praise players training (either by the training report email in inbox or going to the player then development-training).

Had it in my now abandoned/delayed Indonesia save, but not in my new Germany save. Any ideas?

14 minutes ago, glennuk said:

Wondering why I would not have the option/button to praise players training (either by the training report email in inbox or going to the player then development-training).

Had it in my now abandoned/delayed Indonesia save, but not in my new Germany save. Any ideas?

You need to have been managing them for a minimum length of time, perhaps a month? At least that was the case on FM22

Such a joy following all the updates, especially now after the release when the forum is hectic! Some great journeys!! 

One wish from me: post screenshot of your best players, especially the players coming through from the academy. When I'm reading about a great talent I would like to see his stats :D 

2 hours ago, syemo said:

So what advice would you give to someone to try this youth challenge out. What league's are the best etc

Think about where you want your challenge to be, and which tier of nation you want to manage in. Top leagues, mid-level or low/micro nation.

Do you enjoy long seasons working your way slowly up the ladder into the richest league on the planet, then go to England. If you want a shorter climb to the top-flight Germany sets you up with pretty strong set-ups in the 3rd Bundesliga while still having the monsters to slay at the top when you get there. Portugual has been popular for many as a mid-level domestic league with great intakes. 

Midlevel I played a fun save in Slovenia last cycle bagging two Euro Cup trophies, and other countries in the region like Slovakia & Serbia can be great saves. Be warned though most have a minimum age of 17 for registration so the first 2 years will be really hard as you won't be able to play your intake players. Isreal is another option.

Then the micro which is what I enjoy more. For me isn't so much about actually getting on the leaderboard, I like the impossible tasks in tiny countries to get my team competitive on the continental level and bring their natoinal teams out of obscurity. Lots of fun stories to be had. Last year I played over 30+ Seasons in St Vincent (Caribbean) and Malta as some of the tiniest nations through downloaded databases. And you can see I just started Luxembourg, while I also have an England save I'll switch between.

EDIT: I should mention DON'T play in Belgium or Scotland. The first has the worst finances in the game, and is not suitable for a first attempt and Scotland has major youth bugs. Denmark had contract issues last year (but may be fixed now?) and France has weird stadium hopping bugs for promoted sides. 

Edited by WhiteCat33

First season with the Yellow-Green boys ended exactly as expected: no chance of promotion of course, but we won the battle for relegation as expected.

Plans for next season: the same as there are a few big names that will be leaving us in order to play with better quality players.

So without further to do:image.thumb.png.2711cc7688f769d63af1c2c3d87a7850.png

Final Table: (2nd tier of Romania does the teams play against each other once then it splits into 1 Champions Group and 2 Relegation Groups)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.36bb0e035a5363c1161b89557880f4a0.png

Intake: (not great, not terrible)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ac9113781d8b3397c377d9b109c53c81.png

Best intake player: (due to regulations of under a specific age player in playing 11 and a lack of left back, I present you my new main left back)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fe35783c3ffba3099c437896164100a5.png

After some deliberations will start with Weston Super Mare, only 17 players, of which 1 has an offer from another team and another 1 has his contract expiring and feels the squad is not good enough (can't really fault him).

Let's hope it's not a short save,

Anyone else in England has gotten squads as small?

2 minutos atrás, jepze disse:

Thank you for the answer, hopefully i can promote witout my best player then.

Try to postpone to the end of the season on the transfer date. That way is allowed cuz its not a loan player.

Edited by The7Striker

3 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

Try to postpone to the end of the season on the transfer date. That way is allowed cuz its not a loan player.

It was my board there accepted the offer, so couldn't do anything about it.

1 hour ago, MadCatPT said:

After some deliberations will start with Weston Super Mare, only 17 players, of which 1 has an offer from another team and another 1 has his contract expiring and feels the squad is not good enough (can't really fault him).

I had 14 I think with Guiseley. Good luck!

1 hour ago, MadCatPT said:

I've just started with Truro, I currently have 13 players on the books. Hoping to get to Intake day!

I'm going to give myself a real challenge for my next attempt, and travel to Belarus. I appreciate there's a lot going on in the world at the moment and Belarus aren't exactly a country to be singing and dancing about, but seeing as this is a football management game, I'm just going to concentrate on these facts:

> They have the lowest youth rating for an eligible European nation

> I had a really fun save with (now defunct) MTZ Ripo Minsk in FM06 - bonus points for anyone who remembers Sergey Kisliy!

Holidaying now to see who comes up

It's going to happen...... pfffff... Can't believe this is happening.  Superettan turns out to be a step to high for us. But after al those promotions in the last seasons, I thought I had some credits.
Everything is collapsing right now. Whatever I try, we can't win anymore.

GgZeWXa.jpg

kF8mEbo.jpg

h2URR4N.png

2024/25 Midseason Review:

Lm5kmTH.png

Not too surprising as just getting promoted was a bit of a shock. It's close enough at the bottom where it's not a forgone conclusion we go back down. The schedule calms down a bit, and hopefully we avoid some of the misfortunes we had schedule wise where we'd face a top team, a cup match, then a midtable, and then finally the shattered squad would lose to a bottom table team. The schedule definitely cost us a few points, but overall we're just fairly overmatched. An old squad getting older. I keep tinkering with tactics, possibly too much, with the hopes of finding something to stem the bleeding and get us on tract to finish at least 20th.

Intake Preview:

pL6Sb3z.png

Another super strong preview. Based on the thin and aging squad the potentials here could be legit and not the fantastic preview with meh players. Odds are due to facilities the vast majority will come in a ways off from first team caliber with maybe one or two being capable to see action right away. 

16 minutes ago, Winski said:

My career at Tyresö FF is over..... :(

I really loved managing in Sweden, but man, this was tough. The step to become a professional club and compete in Superettan(2nd div.) was just too big. Our succes came too early...

I come back in Sweden one day, to take revenge. But now it's time for a new challenge...

Damn I feel that, I only updated 4 seasons on here but actually played 8 in Sweden and never got out of the 3rd league which meant we never went pro. Just couldn't compete with the pro teams coming down from the division above where even the bottom finishing team got like 800k in prize money. In the end the bug which meant my youth team weren't playing in a league any more was the final straw.

23 minutes ago, Wilkesy93 said:

Does anybody have a list of the countries where in the bottom division the clubs are professional?

I know Italy is one are there any others?

Not a list, but I know when I did Holland that they were (or at least the team I chose)

5 minutes ago, hubwub said:

What is happening with this nicknaming?

My nicknaming this year is [YearNumber-IntakeQualityDescription].  And using the .lnc file method now my eyes have been awakened to it :) 

My first image is making fun of myself, because year after year, if/when I run into issues I usually revert to a strikerless setup to try and consolidate.

7 minutes ago, Braumiller said:

My nicknaming this year is [YearNumber-IntakeQualityDescription].  And using the .lnc file method now my eyes have been awakened to it :) 

My first image is making fun of myself, because year after year, if/when I run into issues I usually revert to a strikerless setup to try and consolidate.

I want to try nicknaming. Can you take a screenshot of your lnc file, just so I know how formatting is like.

6 minutes ago, hubwub said:

I want to try nicknaming. Can you take a screenshot of your lnc file, just so I know how formatting is like.

I have a squad view with these two columns that I use when the youth candidates come in (this is just taken now with my senior squad for screenshot purposes):

image.png.c74e3e0a3769110e5f77651ac5f0ae8c.png

I then do a Print Screen via the FM menu and save as a Web Page.  I then open that in Chrome (my default browser) copy and paste that into my Text file (which is saved as the .lnc file) and format.

My text file looks like this currently:

image.png.b702af18f3c149bf8ba4b0c6777d2fa3.png

The extremely helpful post I used to learn this method is this one from @SuperRedditch

Edited by Braumiller
to add link to helpful post

14 minutes ago, MacronQLF said:

Joining the challenge too ! Wasn't sure about what i was doing when i choose mexicostart.thumb.PNG.c19382f4793ea55827f7240502975800.PNG

But it's going well ! VERY WELL , we won the closing stage ( i have no idea what this mean because we will play the opening stage after but ok ) after the playoffs !

Result:

Reveal hidden contents

VICOTRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYRRERUAZRUAZ.thumb.PNG.334f85464fb1bd5760f5e069544624d1.PNG

The team: 

Reveal hidden contents

Team.thumb.PNG.9f7a7c60da6bba171f6f21e6df80f52b.PNG

the preview of the young intake :

Reveal hidden contents

younbgs.PNG.34661ba778798216ac522ace135d179f.PNG

The funny part about this save is that my tallest player except goalkeeper is 1.78 m tall so it's a tactical nightmare sometimes due to the fact that we concede nearly all of the goals on set pieces, let's hope we can get the team in good places in the opening stage !

Honestly it is by far the best start i had since i tryed this challenge, mexico feels like a easier country because teams have a very similar players level, good facilities and proper teams, the only downside is they didn't add a u20 championship in 2nd division so it's really hard to young players to get playtime 

Welcome to Mexico! Glad to see more folks managing in North America!

14 minutes ago, Braumiller said:

I have a squad view with these two columns that I use when the youth candidates come in (this is just taken now with my senior squad for screenshot purposes):

image.png.c74e3e0a3769110e5f77651ac5f0ae8c.png

I then do a Print Screen via the FM menu and save as a Web Page.  I then open that in Chrome (my default browser) copy and paste that into my Text file (which is saved as the .lnc file) and format.

My text file looks like this currently:

image.png.b702af18f3c149bf8ba4b0c6777d2fa3.png

The extremely helpful post I used to learn this method is this one from @SuperRedditch

Thanks for this! Going to use this to fix the naming of my youth intake!

has anyone got a link or template for these fancy spreadsheets people are using! brilliant!

Came 13th in the Vanarama North with FC United 4th season in charge, not sure how to get any higher! was a point off the playoffs after 30 games but had a 7 game losing streak couldn't break it and complete derailed the push. Faulted off at the end and couldn't turn it round. still media prediction was 22nd - and the next 4-5 years of the boards plan is to continue to attempt to avoid relegation so no real requirements, just need to focus on trying to some how get professional status and continuous improvement on the facilities. at some point i guess the products i produce over a few year span will then be enough to take me up a couple of levels! (I Hope!)

2 hours ago, Wilkesy93 said:

Does anybody have a list of the countries where in the bottom division the clubs are professional?

I know Italy is one are there any others?

Switzerland I think as well as my team, FC Chiasso, are professional from the get go.

Holland I believe was the same but I think there was something with no relegation from keuken kampioen for the first 5 years?

I’d imagine most nations with 2 playable tiers the 2nd tier clubs and therefore newly promoted clubs that are eligible for the challenge are likely to be professional.

Wg7JJVl.png

A surprise promotion and then I don't get to finish the season. Seems a quick trigger fringer.

nXvKTq0.png

yeah I knew it was coming when the team had a draw in a friendly to a team playing in whatever the "Combined Counties D1" division is.

Taking a break from England. I'd like to try somewhere in Africa since I've never played there. I don't know enough about databases and what qualifies for the challenge. Depending on how the night goes I'll either look into that or go somewhere already in game. For now, off to RimWorld for some war crimes.

18 minutes ago, SkiIIs said:

Image result for tampico madero

Season 1 2023/24 - Tampico Madero - Mexico Expansion League

I chose this team as they had a large following and cash in the bank, started with 3.5m balance which we were able to use to improve facilities and upgrade coaching badges.

The team was pretty solid with a couple of stars but we are very light in central midfield meaning i started with a 4-2-2-2 formation as we had no DM's. I think this really shocked the team as even though we would be the better team for most games, we just couldnt notch the wins and concede quite regularly. In the opening stage we ended up finishing mid table after a really slow start, we were then knocked out in the first game of the prelim round.  In the closing stage we were better as the team were getting used to how I want them to play and we finished 5th, We won the first game of prelim which put us in the quarters, we unfortunately drew the team that came first in the closing stage Venados.  First leg at home we won 2 - 0 in a dominate performance.  We then went 1 - 0 ahead away but then bottled it and copped 3 early in the second half.  To my despair the league standings are the differentiator if the legs are tied!

Upgrades:

Reveal hidden contents

633055929_2022-11-09(1).png.cff3bac771d6c54b6c83ed383fcdbc6f.png836446061_2022-11-09(3).png.91b258ce6a06fd467ee0eb5d40b739ad.png2022-11-09.png.d76605913c38de324b92efb530aa78f7.png

Intake was ok, nothing really exciting me to be honest. I signed them all as we literally had no players in the u20 squad, Luna could become decent at left back

799999590_2022-11-09(5).png.48862f2fbbdde166e96241c337e317be.png

Come end of the year we got a huge cash boost from sponsorships, 1.3m for this leve is nuts!  We also got 870k of 'other income' at the same time to put the balance back to 2.8m which ill look to spend next year.

We were also given the option of starting our own B team which i instinctively approved.  @darren1983and @XaWi assume this is ok to move players in and out of the B team?  I havent done so thus far in season 2 but want the ok before I do, cheers

2022-11-10 (1).png

2022-11-10 (3).png

Did you lose any players during the transfer window?