The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

how are you guys having luck with affiliates? maybe its turiye..or just my bad luck with chairmen...but I cannot get permission to get affiliates. only one local turkish club. 16th season and I keep asking like 5...6 times per year...nada

another additional feature like teh youth facilities?

Edited by the_hdk

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So fun to read about everyones Journey.

Doing a journy from the 4th tier in sweden with my hometown team.

Very new to fm so its super fun, but sadla havent documentet they journey so I could share.

But a short in text i could do, in my 5 season and finally got promotion arter knocking on the door for 4 seasons.

Problem so that I have no youth thats better then the players i started with.

So this will be a grind, but hoping i can stay in the 3 tier and progress.

But my next save i will document and share,  keep upp the reports everyone.

Super fun!

image.png.598e37a56264404c78ac5c76183ee212.png

Don't ask me to pronounce anything I encounter in this league. Welcome to denmark, I'm looking forward to getting some random Danish/Welsh youths.

We're expected to "attempt to avoid relegation", so I'm going to be playing defensively and waiting for some superstars to come through. This is going to be fun.

34 minutes ago, HenTheChicken said:

Had a transfer coming in - released on a free after receiving him. 

IIRC if the transfer was agreed upon before the team became playable (promoted) and its greyed out and you cannot cancel it its allowd to use the player. atleast that was the case 2 fms ago when I started this challange.....have we changed teh rules on that?

Just now, the_hdk said:

IIRC if the transfer was agreed upon before the team became playable (promoted) and its greyed out and you cannot cancel it its allowd to use the player. atleast that was the case 2 fms ago when I started this challange.....have we changed teh rules on that?

yeah I clicked accept though so I decided to release to play it safe though

17 hours ago, HenTheChicken said:

I'm questioning so much about how it happened still but I'll take the W.

Congrats. Funny that we always complain about bad personalities. Your GK is unambitious and he is the star player that won you the CL. 

27 minutes ago, HenTheChicken said:

image.png.7dc37cac4b6d9aef892e518c5b292a31.png

Right, I've got good news and bad news. Good news is we stayed up by quite a bit, never really in danger of relegation but never really able to push into the promotion group, so we came 2nd in the relegation group which felt quite good. Bad news is we're in crippling debt because I went a little bit overboard on the junior coaching and youth recruitment, happens to the best of us I swear! Next season I'm going for promotion group because we desperately need money, so I'll be pushing the squad farther than they can probably take us. I got some good prospects, my personal favourite is my new temperamental faroese midfielder. Love that guy already. He's also the Faroe Islands under 18s Vice-captain, which I think is quite cool.

How fast are you playing the game? :eek: Are you using Istant Result all the time?

48 minutos atrás, dominik4805 disse:

image.png.0c8ec345d40f2f73cdde40882da69dc9.png

Chavdar Etropole - 2024/2025 (Season 2) - Vtora Liga (2nd Division)

League Table

image.jpeg.06cb12e2384ee9d512ac0f3d148f38bc.jpeg

Well, after only two seasons it's over. We just got 13 points out of the second half of the season, our aging star and main man Gushterov had a massive goal drought and didn't score a single goal in the last 10 matches. Without having any alternatives, this meant to be the end. At MD 34, Litex grabbed the points to catch us, so we got relegated. Kind of sad, but I'll come back to another country and try my luck there.

I have a score to settle with you, Bulgaria.

Im having alot of fun in Bulgaria but its a country where is a bit hard to figure out how to play. Rules allow alot of non bulgarian players so the gap between teams is huge.

Wish you luck :D

Edited by The7Striker

I’m also tempted to start a new save in an uncompleted country. I really enjoy my Polonia Warszawa save, but I also want to complete the challenge in an uncompleted country… 

I’ve got some nice ideas, but I’m not sure if I want to give up my Polonia-save that soon. 

52 minutes ago, Winski said:

I updated the map for Europe, with Wales now marked als completed. I'm curious how many new countries we'll see in FM23!
@darren1983

pInUWmF.jpg

Probably worth adding to the map that San Marino is ineligible if you have Monaco, also considering its a popular. Gibraltar is also 1 tier I think? 

51 minutos atrás, Winski disse:

I’m also tempted to start a new save in an uncompleted country. I really enjoy my Polonia Warszawa save, but I also want to complete the challenge in an uncompleted country… 

I’ve got some nice ideas, but I’m not sure if I want to give up my Polonia-save that soon. 

Im not sure but I think Hungary has similar rules to Poland. Specially the money one if you use U21. Worth taking a look around :D

4 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

Im not sure but I think Hungary has similar rules to Poland. Specially the money one if you use U21. Worth taking a look around :D

Thanks! Hungary is indeed a very good option, and if the money rules are the same as in Poland, then it would be perfect :D

16 minutes ago, libbyshuss said:

i'll be honest, i had you down as the most likely to complete it first this year. Sorry @HenTheChicken!!!

good luck!!!!

hehe thanks. I personally thought I would need 2-3 more seasons...but something clicked this year and we ware playing amazing. It probably helped that I changed one defender. Also we had luck in our game against Man City in QF. We won in extra time. Luck is everything

5 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

Kaf Sin Kaf

Season 38/39 (Final) - Süper Lig

rOVsxMX.png

Transfers / Players

Well this is it. The Final season. 16 seasons it took me...and we finish in style with a quadruple!. We finish with 8 championships, 2 cups, 6 super cups and one champions league. Kaan Dobra has finished his goal! More about the CL finale at the end. I see I forgot to update the Ballon d'Or on teh pcture and im too lazy to go back but it was won by SEGURA spanish player playing for Chelsea.

With 93 points we really dominated this season. We also finish with 466 mln EUR in the bank. Sadly still no affiliates and no improvement of youth facilities.

eWRZnCK.png

Epic finish.

Youth

Xd6F1xZ.png

Last year intake was amazing. Three elite players who can make the first team. Especially TASKAN with resolute persoality is high potential.

lF21300.png

For the last update and overview of all intake players per region. Aegean with 207 is the big winner. Altough last few years we ware getting more and more players from all over Turkiye.

Key Players

And the three key players of this save

ZJniSYA.png

BAS (vice captain) was a brilliant goaly. In the CL final he saved two huge opportunities and we could not have done it without him.

LmqIVIn.png

YALCIN the Captain. The leader. The rock. Already 58 caps at age of 26, he will probably end up with around 100. The first Wonderkid we had and i'm more than happy that he stayed till the end with us. Giving him the armband was vital in that.

nQVsbn4.png

GULERYUZ the star striker...already 20 goals for Turkiye...his pace is amazing and he was the MoM of the final. His goal was crucial (altough he had 4 1 on 1 chances).

Champions League Final

The teams:

uDyjUxn.png

1-0 from GULERYUZ. Easy tuck in 5th minutae. It was our 3rd chance of the game already. Blitzball baby.

Ciby3JK.png

1-1 from Barcelona in 84th min from Romanian SALI. It gave hope to the Catalonians.

f9BjUAC.png

2-1 in 91st min! the winning goal after a great run by VURAL.

GtCfr4J.png

The celebrations...continued for 4 days in Turkiye (and continued long after the cup final).

mEDZsV5.png

5WJ8UMN.png

And so we win...and I finish the challange.

I loved it. First time I managed to finish it in three years. Sadly Turkiye didn't have alot of foreign intake but I loved playing there. Alot of interesting clubs with rich history. Amazing intakes...much better than I remember in Poland or Netherlands.

Congratulations!

1 minute ago, the_hdk said:

hehe thanks. I personally thought I would need 2-3 more seasons.

nah, i had faith in you!

some of those players you were churning out looked amazing, made me wish I'd started in Turkey!

congrats on finishing the challenge!

8 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

Kaf Sin Kaf

rOVsxMX.png

Transfers / Players

Well this is it. The Final season. 16 seasons it took me...and we finish in style with a quadruple!. We finish with 8 championships, 2 cups, 6 super cups and one champions league. Kaan Dobra has finished his goal! More about the CL finale at the end. I see I forgot to update the Ballon d'Or on teh pcture and im too lazy to go back but it was won by SEGURA spanish player playing for Chelsea.

With 93 points we really dominated this season. We also finish with 466 mln EUR in the bank. Sadly still no affiliates and no improvement of youth facilities.

eWRZnCK.png

Epic finish.

Youth

Xd6F1xZ.png

Last year intake was amazing. Three elite players who can make the first team. Especially TASKAN with resolute persoality is high potential.

lF21300.png

For the last update and overview of all intake players per region. Aegean with 207 is the big winner. Altough last few years we ware getting more and more players from all over Turkiye.

Key Players

ZJniSYA.png

BAS (vice captain) was a brilliant goaly. In the CL final he saved two huge opportunities and we could not have done it without him.

LmqIVIn.png

YALCIN the Captain. The leader. The rock. Already 58 caps at age of 26, he will probably end up with around 100. The first Wonderkid we had and i'm more than happy that he stayed till the end with us. Giving him the armband was vital in that.

nQVsbn4.png

GULERYUZ the star striker...already 20 goals for Turkiye...his pace is amazing and he was the MoM of the final. His goal was crucial (altough he had 4 1 on 1 chances).

Champions League Final

The teams:

uDyjUxn.png

1-0 from GULERYUZ. Easy tuck in 5th minutae. It was our 3rd chance of the game already. Blitzball baby.

Ciby3JK.png

1-1 from Barcelona in 84th min from Romanian SALI. It gave hope to the Catalonians.

f9BjUAC.png

GtCfr4J.png

The celebrations...continued for 4 days in Turkiye (and continued long after the cup final).

mEDZsV5.png

5WJ8UMN.png

I loved it. First time I managed to finish it in three years. Sadly Turkiye didn't have alot of foreign intake but I loved playing there. Alot of interesting clubs with rich history. Amazing intakes...much better than I remember in Poland or Netherlands.

Well done on completing the challenge in Turkey. Those three players look like the kind of talents I'd expect to be in a top team.

9 minutes ago, the_hdk said:

Kaf Sin Kaf

rOVsxMX.png

Transfers / Players

eWRZnCK.png

Epic finish.

Youth

Xd6F1xZ.png

lF21300.png

Key Players

ZJniSYA.png

LmqIVIn.png

nQVsbn4.png

Champions League Final

The teams:

uDyjUxn.png

Ciby3JK.png

f9BjUAC.png

GtCfr4J.png

mEDZsV5.png

5WJ8UMN.png

well done, and beating barca in the finals too thats mega impressive