The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I've been playing as Rynninge IK in Sweden. Things have been going pretty well; won the Swedish Second Division in my second season and survived by the skin of our teeth in the third. But we're entering our 4th season now and my U19's still haven't been added to one of the youth leagues. Even more annoying since during October, I got a note in the calendar during game progression that my youth team were 'entering the U19 First Division'. All youth leagues have been drawn now in Jan 2026, and we're not among them again. Can anybody confirm that this will eventually happen? 

Edited by PJHoutman88

40 minutos atrás, XaW disse:

Alright, I got lured in by @Winski. I'm heading to Northern Ireland, and will try to bring glory to Norn Iron at last!

So I holidayed and took over Crewe United.

JBH0rMX.png

4XepRqb.png

I really like their kit, and I'm quite happy with my replication of their home shirt!

M4TnWfL.pnghzPjsUP.png

I think that is a pretty good attempt. I even re-coloured their badge to match the black away shirt! :D

This will take a while, so wish me luck! 

Kits look awesome :brock:

Have more then 10 players ? :lol:

3 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

Kits look awesome :brock:

Have more then 10 players ? :lol:

Thanks! Was really happy with it!

Actually yes! 20 players in the squad! Granted quite a few of them are of...questionable quality, but in the 3rd tier of Northern Ireland, a warm body is all you need! :D

9 hours ago, ludak said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Oh man, what a ride this save has been. I haven't had this much fun playing FM for quite some time. 

spacer.png

The Invincibles! A great season in the league behind us, the best one so far.

spacer.png

The cup win for the fourth double in a row!

spacer.png

Right from the start I was sure we could go far if injuries don't stop us. And so it was. One loss, to Monaco at home in the league phase was the sign that I needed that this is it. WE made it, we are a European power now, and it's just a matter of time. Luckily it was on the first try!

spacer.png

I was the better team in every single game played. Two loses against Napoli and Leeds were just FM doing FM things. Destroying Liverpool was my favorite part of this season, as they won it last year and Alfred Schreuder had some thigs to say about us both before and after the game. 

spacer.png

The final game was great on our side, they scored a great goal from a team effort that left their striker alone 3m in front of the goal, and at that point I got scared, but, Durakovic asisted and had a penalty on him which was enough to crow us champions of Europe!

spacer.png

spacer.png

The players that made all the difference when it was important, and without them we would still be happy to finish in the top 24 in the league phase.

spacer.png

It certainly helped that I had more quality players in rotation for the first team, which made it easy for us to win the league without players getting too tired to play games in the CL.

I don't know what else to say. Club World Championship is coming up, so I may also play that before starting a new save. 

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

The board sold him.

spacer.png

Congrats, have added you to the HoF :applause:

1 hour ago, Neo_Geo said:

2105469677_S2_SaveOverview.thumb.png.eb3eac6b77702d9e58a02886670b64c7.png

1176556680_S2_SquadOverview.thumb.png.2614822afb34a9adc3a38b16007837bf.png

684279115_S2_YouthOverview.thumb.png.36ee02f2caac55d5f8012bffa029edde.png

Season Review
That was just one of those season's where luck just went your way at almost every moment. We were leading the league for a fair whack even when going through a bad winless spell over December and January but then fell away from Ebbsfleet as our home form dropped (throughout the year were were just winning at home but away was a different story). Ultimately we managed to finish 2nd and then in the play-offs bolstered by a couple of the intake from this year we beat Carshalton and Bath to reach the Vanarama National. I had been hoping for a while that we'd just drop out of the play-off position or lose in the play-offs as I think it's WAY too soon for this club and this squad so next year could be a really hard year.

On that note.....based on seeing @ludakcompleting another uncompleted nation and seeing the map of Europe there is still plenty more nations to achieve this challenge with. Given the English version of this challenge is a real slog I'm going to keep it as a secondary save (need to be careful with the player renaming and NewGan not to lose my English settings) but take on another smaller European country not yet completed.

Loving the layout! Unlucky on the league 

England save locked away for a bit.....so another save begins in the uncompleted Czech Republic with MFK Vítkovice!

1463488024_StartOfSaveOverview.thumb.png.f37b2524e50978379a3bbbb3c21fcfa7.png

Never know why the records aren't available at the start but hey ho.

So the Czech Republic league structure in FM23 has Czech First Division and Czech Second Division.

Second division has 16 teams with 30 games. Bottom 2 are relegated, winner is promoted and 2nd and 3rd enter play-off with the winner also gaining promotion.

First division has 16 teams as well with 30 games played before the split into Champions Group, Playoff First Round and Relegation Group.

A little late to get started properly tonight but looking forward to exploring a new country once more.

Appointed.png.cd259c6bfa6bc86e59de067e65107f44.png

2032610307_ManagerProfile.thumb.png.ae842ff2f0e355864de0c57e7f4d0fbe.png

Edited by Neo_Geo

image.jpeg.3d2f602df0cb3c7363e926a19c736dc2.jpeg

FC United 2041/42 - Season 19.

Season Preview

Preview

Predicted Finish = 20th

Competitions

Overview

Premier League - 17th. League Table    Past Positions

FA Cup - Lost in the 3rd round to Bristol City.

Carabao Cup - Lost in 2nd round to Sunderland.

Its been a struggle, but we have managed to seal the clubs Premier League status for another season with a 17th placed finish. We started poorly with just 1 point from our opening 3 games, this prompted me to switch from the 424 we have mainly been using to our 2nd formation, a more counter attacking 4231, and we then took 14 points from our next 8 games which had us looking really good. A run of 7 losses on the spin followed and put us well and truly back in the relegation picture. We picked up results here and there and with 5 games remaining, we had our fate in our own hands. A loss to Newcastle, followed by a draw with Chelsea meant we was almost safe, then this huge 2-1 Home Win over rivals Man Utd practically sealed survival with 2 games remaining. 

Playing Squad

Squad    Transfers    Best 11

A good first year at this level, my big worry is the majority of my first 11 may be getting close to their potential ceilings and I need to start nurturing the next generation if we are to push on and really start to improve in the next couple of seasons. Main men this year were:

Jewell 33d - 15 league goals in his debut Prem season is not a bad return at all.

Adkins 39a - Is now one of the first names on the team sheet and continues to get better and better.

Woodcraft 36b - 9 goal contributions this season and he looked a natural at this level before dropping off towards the end of the season.

Diallo 35b - Was delighted he signed a new long term deal last summer having looked to be leaving on a free, he is a really important player for us as behind him we lack a decent back up.

Bascoe 36a - Solid first season from him at this level and he is one who I think can really kick on. 

Youth Development

Preview    Intake    Personalities

Its an ok intake, 3 elite talents but not the best in terms of personalities. The 3 elite talents are:

Harrison 42a

Fredricson 42b

Williams 42c

Finances and Facilities

Finances    Facilities

Training Facilities and a New Stadium. Its not named after me which I am pretty gutted about as this is still something I have never managed to achieve on the game. Still, this is due to be built in 3 years time so we have a new temporary home until then. I have never heard of the Moritz Wunderlich stadium in Bolton, but it has 40903 capacity so the clubs coffers should see a nice boost if we can pack it out. 

Edit: Did a little digging regarding the stadium, and it appears Moritz is a German tycoon who purchased Bolton in 2026, built a stadium in 2031, named it after himself and then withdrew funding in 2041. What a chap!.

Other

Overall Best 11    Club Records

Edited by BigJack

19 hours ago, ludak said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Oh man, what a ride this save has been. I haven't had this much fun playing FM for quite some time. 

spacer.png

The Invincibles! A great season in the league behind us, the best one so far.

spacer.png

The cup win for the fourth double in a row!

spacer.png

Right from the start I was sure we could go far if injuries don't stop us. And so it was. One loss, to Monaco at home in the league phase was the sign that I needed that this is it. WE made it, we are a European power now, and it's just a matter of time. Luckily it was on the first try!

spacer.png

I was the better team in every single game played. Two loses against Napoli and Leeds were just FM doing FM things. Destroying Liverpool was my favorite part of this season, as they won it last year and Alfred Schreuder had some thigs to say about us both before and after the game. 

spacer.png

The final game was great on our side, they scored a great goal from a team effort that left their striker alone 3m in front of the goal, and at that point I got scared, but, Durakovic asisted and had a penalty on him which was enough to crow us champions of Europe!

spacer.png

spacer.png

The players that made all the difference when it was important, and without them we would still be happy to finish in the top 24 in the league phase.

spacer.png

It certainly helped that I had more quality players in rotation for the first team, which made it easy for us to win the league without players getting too tired to play games in the CL.

I don't know what else to say. Club World Championship is coming up, so I may also play that before starting a new save. 

Hide contents

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

The board sold him.

spacer.png

Spoiler

Congrats 

Edited by Ray46
I don't know how editing works,LOL But congrats

9 hours ago, The7Striker said:

I dont want to give you bad news but Latvia isnt available.  They only have 1 tier :(

Oh, I read the rules a few times and it said nothing about nations having just one tier.

@darren1983 Is it available?

Edited by ludak

1 hour ago, ludak said:

Oh, I read the rules a few times and it said nothing about nations having just one tier.

@darren1983 Is it available?

No in the vanilla, only nations that has relegation from the lowest tier, and minimum two tiers.

Almost at the top it says:

On 20/10/2022 at 19:55, darren1983 said:

The Available Countries
Previously any Country in Europe was eligible as long as you can get a previously unplayable side promoted from Holidaying, however from last couple of years we were happy to extended it to the rest of the world as well as long as the team meets the criteria of being previously unplayable and that is the same this year. Custom leagues will be allowed from now on however if you complete the challenge on a custom DB we'll list your achievement with note to say it was done on a custom DB because we have no way of verifying the DB. Not all leagues are able to be used though so please ask in thread, by tagging myself and/or XaW, to check before you start.

On 14/01/2023 at 13:36, kdavva74 said:

Is it okay if I attempt this challenge in Football Manager 15 but post it in here?

Just catching up on messages and may have missed a reply to this.  You can use this thread for older versions of the game, you just need to mention the version in your updates.

@JLAB it's so frustrating, I didn't get too much of it in my FM 23 save but in Holland with Katwijk in FM22 I seemed to be losing all my best players every year. Taking a break did me the world of good as I came back and won the CL the next season.

This video was created by FM Llama for The Managers Seat, who's doing a save like we are, but with no attributes. He found a way to get rid of the minimum release clause by accident after backing out of a contract talk with an agent.

Season 1
Division 2 South Svealand

spacer.png

We were Predicted 13th by the media, so for that we would call this a good season for us that we can build from.

spacer.png

Spoiler

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

First  Season update by me, when like **** with the Spoilers so i will work on that.

If i forgot any in my update please tell me and i will add it :)

6 minutos atrás, ludak disse:

@The7Striker

Did you get Marijan Pušnik as HOYD at the start?

The guy is crazy good for the start.

No. My board doesn't allow me to give more then 100€/w. It was hard to find staff tbh. :(

And my 2nd season is going from bad to worse with just 8 players :seagull:

Edited by The7Striker

52 minutes ago, JLAB said:

This video was created by FM Llama for The Managers Seat, who's doing a save like we are, but with no attributes. He found a way to get rid of the minimum release clause by accident after backing out of a contract talk with an agent.

I actually like the thought of doing an attribute less save (maybe save it for a Scottish YAC save before FM24)

4 hours ago, JLAB said:

So there is another way to be able to get rid of padlocked minimum release clause without having the DOF start talks first. @XaW and @darren1983 Am I free to link this video that will prove useful for everyone doing the challenge?

I've found that you can often get it removed by talking to the agent before offering and ask for "please not make anything non-negotiable" or something along those lines. Not always, but at that point I can remove it from negotiations and just slightly up the wage to make everyone happy! :D