The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

vor 23 Stunden schrieb Coxbox:

Well everyone this is going well so far, both Delhi clubs are at the top  Delhi Football Club and mine Delhi FC. I do think that once the good foreign players retire or leave things will be harder.

1fe063def88ba32d529c105978fc2099.png

Not sure we can afford let's hope the sponsorship keeps us afloat.

60ac4caaf6cb5ad3111ddd7d58829e91.png

*Edit* 

End Of Season Update.

65fc0f5797a81e0cb7a3c4d44f7ae61b.png

a9dce81c9ea2cb3b93c8e958b4055abd.png

Season League Position W D L GD PTS Average Player Rating End Balance Training Youth Junior Coaching Recruitment
24/25 3 14 5 5 30 47 Felix Chidi 7.49 - £123,766 Basic Basic Average Basic

1st Youth Intake
First Team Candidates 

Unsichtbaren Inhalt anzeigen

Chhangte Fernandes-Balanced 

5ed075b856c1205576a524bf9b1e6735.png

Nitesh Singh-Balanced
b5579bd48924c85748ad73d4f671b311.png

Raman Biswas-Balanced
f618336ab1c4a150454b6a9f84e68432.png

4/5* Potential Candidates 

Roshan Sen - Unambitious 

e30b8f9066a9d099e20b746b70d98685.png

Vincent Basumatary - Balanced
3b59e89babc602eaaf2e7f1a49fabbc3.png

Vincent Kumar - Unambitious 
03a9df995614b6573d5822cd72167f78.png

Abhishek Malsawmzuala - Fairly Professional 
3acc671e00d7cf9158073ff7ac4f49ce.png

Harpreet Singh - Fairly Determined
11574ea18f685cfa3d1b8e19d61713ba.png

Aaron Singh - Resilient
1e7235c1b90e072436e9c89e52857182.png

Shankar Lepcha - Fairly Sporting
8d0dc3ba9d908368843d7972ab4f919a.png

Needs work 4/5* Potential 

Biswajit Chandra -Balanced 
98c0aed1ca18e776771be81a6947944c.png

Shankar Costa - Professional 
b48cad2b5068679c4af3817bf4a05420.png

Mahesh Thakur Fairly Ambitious
 f26912ad0743ec53cf545787c6a0ec48.png

Dipak Patil - Low Determination
1066fa94ada562ea22db7247b9dfa24c.png

Let me know what you think so far, in India, you have to have two U22 players in the match squad, and 1 must be in the starting 11. You have to have a minimum of 3 Goalkeepers registered too. My plan is to sell my two backup GKs' and replace them with the two 15yr old ones as they are not any worse :D, I will be keeping most of the players who have Determination, Teamwork and Work Rate, so hopefully they will Develop a little, also would be nice to lower the wage budget some of our squad players and fillers are just not any good. One of the issues of India is you have really good foreign players who are older but then the national talent is poor. 

Finally someone doing India haha.

I'm currently carrying over my FM23 save (with one of the Kashmir teams) where I am one season in and it's going similarly to yours. Finished 2nd, many five star potential players, not anyone who's already outstanding though. Don't have any foreign players in the squad and I was frankly quite surprised we were doing so well. Now, some players have retired which could come in handy for the financial side of things.

One question: How do you handle that enourmous time gap between the seasons where nothing is going on? Do you holiday for a bit or do you grind through it? For now, I'm sticking with the latter but it's a bit tiring tbh. Also: Do you also find it a bit hard to find opponents for friendlies? I understand that travel distances are high but it's still a pain for me.

Edited by whyalways_Mie

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, whyalways_Mie said:

Finally someone doing India haha.

I'm currently carrying over my FM23 save (with one of the Kashmir teams) where I am one season in and it's going similarly to yours. Finished 2nd, many five star potential players, not anyone who's already outstanding though. Don't have any foreign players in the squad and I was frankly quite surprised we were doing so well. Now, some players have retired which could come in handy for the financial side of things.

One question: How do you handle that enourmous time gap between the seasons where nothing is going on? Do you holiday for a bit or do you grind through it? For now, I'm sticking with the latter but it's a bit tiring tbh. Also: Do you also find it a bit hard to find opponents for friendlies? I understand that travel distances are high but it's still a pain for me.

I will usually holiday for a week or so at a time so I don't miss anything, though I just looked and it is 7 months off-season :D, just had a Google June to September is the monsoon season. Players come after the break we have 11 days then it is the Durand Cup, I love Asian football. 

Unlike any other competition around the world winning team is presented with three trophies:

• Durand Cup (Nicknamed The Masterpiece): the original tournament trophy which became a rolling trophy since 196
  • Shimla Trophy (Nicknamed The Artistry): donated by the residents of  Shimla in 1904 to show their passion and support for the tournament, the trophy began to be awarded in rolling in 1965.
  • President's Cup (Nicknamed The Pride): a rolling trophy that replaced the Viceroy's Trophy post-independence by the President of India Dr. Rajendra Prasad.

I have had a save in Mongolia where sometimes you have a month between league games due to everyone using the same stadium, open up youtube and just watch stuff. 
Edited by Coxbox

Anyone know specifically what the news items are when you are told what teams are responsible for the most homegrown players in the national squad and also the most players in top league of the nation? Are these still in this version?

1 minute ago, Neo_Geo said:

Anyone know specifically what the news items are when you are told what teams are responsible for the most homegrown players in the national squad and also the most players in top league of the nation? Are these still in this version?

they are still there.

After reading the first 6 pages I figured welll let's give this another try shall we. Tried this challenge once in FM21 but due to bad results and an even worse youth intake quit the save.

I am gonna manage in Ukraine at the following club:

image.png.4224625cf9953d7a214e43d8f51e7dc0.png
Reset date is between 26th and 28th of june, only one club went up.
My manager profile:

image.png.510cbf409e3e6da8f9c9e9c9388c915e.png
P.S. Sorry if you see any dutch in the pictures, I usually play like that.

51 minutes ago, Atrux said:

And we lost the last game, got relegated and the club decided to extend my contract. But not for long as they decided, I'm not the right coach for mission promotion.

That's rough, it's the hope that kills you. Plenty of time to get another save going though.

9 minutes ago, Neo_Geo said:

So I've spent the last few hours working on a fun way to set some additional goals/objectives and how to track them (thanks to @OlivierL for the starter on this one).

I've come up with a bingo card (this one is specifically tailored for the English League) where there are 100 objectives set so complete as many as possible to get a score out of 100:

EnglandYACBingoCard.png.7e2ebcd640568e84721fc982c55c4759.png

The idea was to get the difficulty increase from top left to bottom right (though I think the left most column probably breaks this logic!) and keeping related objectives close to one another.

This looks like a lot but from the other challenge attempts in England I have seen I think most of these items get marked off anyway as the saves are usually absolutely epics.

Given the likelihood of success in England is not that high this will at least give a score out of 100 for the attempt so the next attempt can look to better that (albeit the bar is set quite high with the first likely objective to be completed is promotion from the Vanarama North/South or winning it).

I've created this if OpenOffice Calc if anyone wants it for their English save.

This bingo is making me want to start a save in England.

Actually think I might rework the left hand column to achievable team related goals:

EnglandYACBingoCardv2.png.07474840a36b1b4a77cceed75555b0d1.png

Think there were too many centred on winning multiple trophies in one season. This way the first 6 rows in column 1 can actually be completed in Vanarama North/South

10 hours ago, Neo_Geo said:

I've come up with a bingo card (this one is specifically tailored for the English League) where there are 100 objectives set so complete as many as possible to get a score out of 100:

oh my god, i love that! I think I'll be heading back to England after Japan, just to play Bingo!

17 minutes ago, Potat said:

What's the rule regarding greyed-out players? Can I use them if I don't sign them or is it avoid them at all costs?

Only hard rule is you can't sign them into the team. Most avoid starting Grey's if you have enough real players, and the more 'hardcore' won't use Grey's as subs or rotation even with the England meat-grinder. Totally up to you.

49 minutes ago, hubwub said:

Is Honest a new personality for this FM24?

EDIT: I saw it when I was looking for staff personalities and scrolling through personality in the menu.

No its in FM23, just not common.

image.png.3d7804bda6cc91e01fe2de10555dd5a1.png

Seems a staff only personality (at least in my save). Using a HolidayMan:

image.png.e322ffc9d23d0c3cc4dff6592a55d99d.png

image.png.b2439d1e45ac3f644aa89af4ec9ae050.png

image.png.d97f6841c6fee4a1de85e7fec1ff1735.png

Berwick Rangers Season 1 Midseason Update

Normally I would do these at the end of every season but I think that showing the squad, the year 0 youth prospects and such could be nice. We're currently 4th in the league, and looking fairly comfortable to miss the relegation playoff and possibly in good position to make the promotion playoff. We've been knocked out in 2 of our 3 cups, with us through to the 4th round in the Scottish Cup.

image.thumb.png.46d557fe50bab5799a4e00deb42a3d1a.png

Squad

image.thumb.png.086cd34ce594c6af875037eb3fc5effa.png

Our first choice goalkeeper is injured again as you can see. The squad is solid and young, even beyond our tagged youth prospects. The midfield is quite strong, the strikers have tended to be awful and the defense is thin and has held their own but not been spectacular. Alex Harris has been moved to training and playing at Central Attacking Midfield, and has paid us back with great play, adding 15 goals and 7 assists to be the best player on the team

image.thumb.png.9bcfec5921c9c7e1693b11a5144930a5.png

In club news we've gotten the Junior coaching budget increased.

Youth Prospects

In the year 0 intake we had 7 regens and they have all been tagged.

image.thumb.png.0a50068f7016e2fe8a26dd676ad901ac.png

One of two strikers from the intake, has gotten less playing time than the other but with how worrisome our striker play has been he's been getting his chances in the lineup as we try to find a number one striker.

zJ12pc9.png

As mentioned above this is our other tagged Striker we've been putting into our rotation. He's also played at other positions because of his versatility. He has shown some flashes of potential but as can be expected hasn't been great while playing.

image.thumb.png.8b24e8d9bfc73cb07a2145e8edb79fb6.png

As our 3rd choice center back he's been getting pretty regular playing time off the bench and has even come through to score 3 goals for us (all on corners) while being one of two players to hold an average rating greater than 7 in our team halfway through the season. (Also I somehow missed on taking a screenshot of him at the start of the season, instead filing a second picture of 24b in my folder as 24c)

image.thumb.png.60d5c9a1af5679bf053a966645d63e81.png

He's played a little because of goalkeeper injuries. Not well and I'm happy to have him on the bench or as far away from the field as possible for now.

33hAD16.png

Has barely played as wide midfielders are probably the strongest area of our team. I have retrained him to be able to play at Right Mid 

kmnrlTU.png

Another one who hasn't really played as once again the midfield is strong and tends to sort itself out without needing any tagged prospects playing in it. If injuries happened in the midfield he could see his playing time increase dramatically.

NMEPDVy.png

I've trained him to be playing at Right back and he has made a couple of appearances off the bench in said position. With only one true right back in the squad above him, he may end up getting opportunities in the 2nd half.

image.thumb.png.ba3901ff128a2e6ba56d8e4a53ee7f43.pngHxL3zGe.png

And we got our preview for the upcoming Youth Candidates

DPw44FG.png

Edited by michiganhugefan

4 minutes ago, hubwub said:

I wonder where it falls in terms of being a good personality for a HOYD.

I'd say pretty poorly. Determination isn't amazing and professionalism can be either low or the best. Sporting is the only thing that's really good for the personality.

4 minutes ago, JLAB said:

I'd say pretty poorly. Determination isn't amazing and professionalism can be either low or the best. Sporting is the only thing that's really good for the personality.

You got a source for the ranges for Determination and Professionalism for the Honest personality.

25 minutes ago, michiganhugefan said:

image.png.d97f6841c6fee4a1de85e7fec1ff1735.png

Berwick Rangers Season 1 Midseason Update

Normally I would do these at the end of every season but I think that showing the squad, the year 0 youth prospects and such could be nice. We're currently 4th in the league, and looking fairly comfortable to miss the relegation playoff and possibly in good position to make the promotion playoff. We've been knocked out in 2 of our 3 cups, with us through to the 4th round in the Scottish Cup.

image.thumb.png.46d557fe50bab5799a4e00deb42a3d1a.png

Squad

image.thumb.png.086cd34ce594c6af875037eb3fc5effa.png

Our first choice goalkeeper is injured again as you can see. The squad is solid and young, even beyond our tagged youth prospects. The midfield is quite strong, the strikers have tended to be awful and the defense is thin and has held their own but not been spectacular. Alex Harris has been moved to training and playing at Central Attacking Midfield, and has paid us back with great play, adding 15 goals and 7 assists to be the best player on the team

image.thumb.png.9bcfec5921c9c7e1693b11a5144930a5.png

In club news we've gotten the Junior coaching budget increased.

Youth Prospects

In the year 0 intake we had 7 regens and they have all been tagged.

image.thumb.png.0a50068f7016e2fe8a26dd676ad901ac.png

One of two strikers from the intake, has gotten less playing time than the other but with how worrisome our striker play has been he's been getting his chances in the lineup as we try to find a number one striker.

zJ12pc9.png

As mentioned above this is our other tagged Striker we've been putting into our rotation. He's also played at other positions because of his versatility. He has shown some flashes of potential but as can be expected hasn't been great while playing.

image.thumb.png.8b24e8d9bfc73cb07a2145e8edb79fb6.png

As our 3rd choice center back he's been getting pretty regular playing time off the bench and has even come through to score 3 goals for us (all on corners) while being one of two players to hold an average rating greater than 7 in our team halfway through the season. (Also I somehow missed on taking a screenshot of him at the start of the season, instead filing a second picture of 24b in my folder as 24c)

image.thumb.png.60d5c9a1af5679bf053a966645d63e81.png

He's played a little because of goalkeeper injuries. Not well and I'm happy to have him on the bench or as far away from the field as possible for now.

33hAD16.png

Has barely played as wide midfielders are probably the strongest area of our team. I have retrained him to be able to play at Right Mid 

kmnrlTU.png

Another one who hasn't really played as once again the midfield is strong and tends to sort itself out without needing any tagged prospects playing in it. If injuries happened in the midfield he could see his playing time increase dramatically.

NMEPDVy.png

I've trained him to be playing at Right back and he has made a couple of appearances off the bench in said position. With only one true right back in the squad above him, he may end up getting opportunities in the 2nd half.

image.thumb.png.ba3901ff128a2e6ba56d8e4a53ee7f43.pngHxL3zGe.png

And we got our preview for the upcoming Youth Candidates

DPw44FG.png

Looking good in the league. Nice youth intake. What are some of your goals for this project? Any out of the usual? 

29 minutes ago, Sizeman21 said:

Looking good in the league. Nice youth intake. What are some of your goals for this project? Any out of the usual? 

I was planning on taking the 1st team that popped up in Scotland to start, but it being Berwick does raise a fun possibility that could be interesting to achieve beyond the scope of the challenge (becoming the best English club in the world while playing in the Scottish League system), but obviously I wouldn't want to get too far in front of myself. The challenge is a beast in and of itself.

Ok, here we go!

image.png.7a46daa1335e83861e49ff2c8746529d.png

I've landed in the picturesque Swiss town of Biel/Bienne.  Sitting on the north end of a lake, with Neuchatel ~5 miles away on the south end.  Neuchatel Xamax are in our league, so we have a natural rivalry from the get-go and play them 4 times a year!

Took the job!

Have tried doing this kind of save many times in the past but didn't join in the fun here so I'm going to try to get involved a little bit when I've got the time as I've really enjoyed reading about everyone's saves over the years!!

I've taken the Dulwich Hamlet job because for the past 7 or so years I've always had a save with them and I've got fond memories from the past couple of years of seeing Danny Mills bang in a bunch of goals so I figure he might give me a decent chance of not getting sacked right away!!

Danny Mills

The rest of the squad is pretty thin in terms of the defence but there's a couple of kids hanging about the Under 18s that'll get moved up right away as we try and keep ourselves in the division. We've got some really strong legacy midfielders that I'll try to keep around but there's 5 players who were listed when I got here and don't look like they want to be sticking around so things could get a bit rough when they leave!!

Squad

I tend to play on stream so my youth players may have weird nicknames because I let my viewers claim youth players to be named after them to build a narrative and keep them involved in the save but other than that I'll keep everything else as it should be! Tactically I'll be playing a 4231 with an attacking mentality and trying to make the most of Danny Mills' aerial ability via set pieces! I'll get to playing the first season now and report back towards the end of it!

Edited by Daveness85
New at uploading images - did a fail

4 minutes ago, Braumiller said:

Ok, here we go!

image.png.7a46daa1335e83861e49ff2c8746529d.png

I've landed in the picturesque Swiss town of Biel/Bienne.  Sitting on the north end of a lake, with Neuchatel ~5 miles away on the south end.  Neuchatel Xamax are in our league, so we have a natural rivalry from the get-go and play them 4 times a year!

Not Croatia after all? Good luck in Switzerland!

23 minutes ago, GS_Ball said:

Playing my first ever youth academy challenge and I can honestly say it's the most fun I've had on a football manager save 🙂

It is extremely fun, the normal way of playing will never feel right again! :p 

Just now, XaW said:

Not Croatia after all? Good luck in Switzerland!

Nope, belatedly found out they have a no u17s rule for the league and that didn't mesh with how I like to play :(  My fault for not looking into it before many, many reloads :D 

2 minutes ago, Braumiller said:

Nope, belatedly found out they have a no u17s rule for the league and that didn't mesh with how I like to play :(  My fault for not looking into it before many, many reloads :D 

Ah, really dislike those rules... in the game, I'm sure they are there to protect kids in real life.

20 hours ago, hubwub said:

This bingo is making me want to start a save in England.

Likewise, I was gonna do a foreign save when the game comes out proper, but I think this bingo card thing makes me want to do England that is so cool!

3 hours ago, hubwub said:

You got a source for the ranges for Determination and Professionalism for the Honest personality.

Spoiler

5-20* Professionalism if he is a Newgen

1-9 for Determination

Edited by XaW
put in spoiler

11 minutes ago, JLAB said:
  Reveal hidden contents

5-20* Professionalism if he is a Newgen

1-9 for Determination

Put it in spoiler tags for you, not everyone wants the details. :) 

Sweden promotion date appears to be 25 Dec 2024,. Saving on 15 Oct 2024 should generate new teams. The "safe" date for new teams isn't exact, but 15 Oct gave new teams, 22 Oct didn't. 

Speaking of which, I'll be taking on the challenge of IFK Lidingö FK, has a decent sized squad, and most of the squad is early to mid twenties

IFK_Liding_FK.png.370ef4970768c157069cfc239a691fad.png

After at least the 7th or 8th attempt we finally have a takeover! Kind of impressed an investor considers what I built in Barbados as worth 2.4M

image.png.7140c7a694cab65c835f750504675d47.png

image.png.591164d872b990da628252d1c0d3a7fd.png

Woah over 1M! That's way more than I expected.

image.png.ad3a03725deba276a4780c6bdcd8f232.png

image.png.6e34684c12f4cb547eb066187093542e.png

He also has at least decent WwY as Youth Facility Upgrade is still available, even after our recent upgrade to "Adequate".

image.png.21201c08506335694f71c8add9d35c0d.png

image.png.0c6f3a00dc7cfebafb1f36bc467478d9.png

Facilities:

image.png.173e6e83dab6df67042922060bfdfc97.png

In a twist from what I usually do I went for a Stadium upgrade. We are averaging over 90% attendance in the league and are 100% for Continental matches. Our current stadium has expansion potential to ~15k so should be able to add meaningful capacity for a bargain price. They said no:

image.png.302bec49508971c313e0a783bb4b4b52.png

Went for Youth Facilities. Considering the new owner has the "Best Youth System in the Country" in Board Objectivies they gave it to me without any pushback. There goes all the money...

image.png.c1739245cb24d7344a804a12c828ccf9.png

image.png.ccce03bbf0ba2af3c3a69d9d09b4d6fe.png

1 hour ago, korvalis said:

Sweden promotion date appears to be 25 Dec 2024,. Saving on 15 Oct 2024 should generate new teams. The "safe" date for new teams isn't exact, but 15 Oct gave new teams, 22 Oct didn't. 

Speaking of which, I'll be taking on the challenge of IFK Lidingö FK, has a decent sized squad, and most of the squad is early to mid twenties

IFK_Liding_FK.png.370ef4970768c157069cfc239a691fad.png

Good luck! Same club as me. Let’s see how far we can get this club :) 

2 hours ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

In my save with ReinMeer there was a player joining whose transfer I could not cancel. He has now joined on February 1st, and would be my best LB. Am I allowed to use him or do I need to get rid of him?

If it was arranged from before you took over and it couldn't be cancelled, then that's fine. Just take a screenshot of it from the date you joined showing the red (x) is not possible to click in the transfers tab and add it, and you're all good.

18 minutes ago, XaW said:

If it was arranged from before you took over and it couldn't be cancelled, then that's fine. Just take a screenshot of it from the date you joined showing the red (x) is not possible to click in the transfers tab and add it, and you're all good.

Too late for me to take a screenshot like you suggest. I tried to terminate his contract but the board would not let me so I have put him in the reserves and I am not using him.

Had a good start to the season winning 3 of the first 4. However the squad are not happy with the squad depth especially at CB. I am not happy with the CB situation either but little I can do about it.

5 hours ago, Daveness85 said:

gU5xI2c.jpg

Danny Mills is carrying me right now. :lol: This was a bit of a one-off but he's an absolute hero at this level!

He’s a legend in previous versions of the game and it looks like he’s still producing the goods.

Honestly find that if you have a talismanic striker at your youth academy challenge club for the first few years you are more than likely to at least survive until the intakes take shape. In my 2 previous successes with the challenge I had Rilind Nivokazi at Chiasso and I had Hugo Botermans at Katwijk and both were scoring a tonne. It just generally buys you enough time for some of the youths to step up.