The FM24 Youth Academy Challenge

1 minute ago, Cloud9 said:

Does the population of the area then not come into affect outside from the youth recruitment number? Or is that number simply a reflection of factors like population. 

I was looking at running this challenge with MK Dons (population 300kish), should I worry about Luton (25 kilometers away) competing for my intakes?

Thanks for the help :thup:

Well, I think it impacts, but more from youth rating, I would imagine considering

Nation Youth Rating
The potential maximum quality and quantity of Juniors produced in that Nation.

So quantity as well as quality! But considering in my current save in Andorra I've had quite the spread of birth towns with one of the lowest youth recruitments (Fairly Basic), I imagine the game sure to fill out with quantity in any way.

q0JmFGt.png

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, KOWAL said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Can i simulate 2 year and start challenge or no?

As long as it is with a previous unplayable team, then yes. So for example: in previous FM's I played with Garbarnia Krakow from Poland. But they are currently in the 4th Tier of Polish football. So if I want to play with them, I have to simulate two seasons to get them into the lowest playable league (2nd Tier in Poland).

2 hours ago, Mahzun_Savas said:

I am heading to England to lead Guiseley to glory.

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Good luck! If I remember correctly Guiseley have some good facilities which could help!

44 minutes ago, naterr said:

Good luck! If I remember correctly Guiseley have some good facilities which could help!

They certainly have better facilities than some of the options. I also might be getting a tycoon takeover which will be interesting.

19 hours ago, HanziZoloman said:

Pls anyone, how to survive that damn Championship. 442/ 424/ 433 argh :mad:

This simple 4-3-3 works for me, and has worked since Vanarama National North/South. It is more or less my only tactic. (You can invert it, if you like to create a bit of change)

What I have found is, that more complex tactics might be needed once you reach the Premier League, but I have very limited experience managing there.

2024-05-25_1100338c6f9c48e5ac213b.png

5 hours ago, Cultured Left Foot said:

If you'd like to watch this series, its a YouTube playthrough series : www.youtube.com/c/culturedleftfoot

WE DID IT !!!!! C.D. TOLEDO ARE EUROPEAN CHAMPIONS LEAGUE CHAMPIONS !!!!

WAHOOOOOO !!!

image.thumb.jpeg.52af1661fd3b34be6a06ba50886caabd.jpeg

We beat Barcelona in the final 3-2 after an epic game ! 

image.thumb.jpeg.ac1bd9e1dfd6f311da4d85044b025e25.jpeg

We leave the club in fantastic position, the board have been superb and have been upgrading most times we asked.

image.thumb.png.c0bc1b4728cb46e82658d4f2d2f9e22f.png

They didn't really have an excuse given the financial bounty we've created for the club.

image.thumb.png.a56ce652fefd5cc92c8d8d6325bdca4f.png

We won the club a number of honours incuding every available top competition in Spain.

image.thumb.png.ce78ab8a7ecdc420d1ccead24226eefd.png

And the climb up the leagues was consistent throughout the save.

image.thumb.png.226c5dc064603f171c6f574273292a22.png

But the key is the Champions League win !!!

Screenshot2024-05-21101752.thumb.png.958d4686a74eb4cd75e40ccf90d43e36.png

image.thumb.png.e3bb20c96fb1091df2c9dc3831dc7cbe.png

image.thumb.png.d885d7f0f531f90da2b56634cceeb1e7.png

This has been one of my favourite saves I've done since playing this game since Championship Manager 2 !! 

Absolutley Amazing.

Thanks to everyone for the support and the comments on the videos and my posts here. I can't believe I achieved this and compelted the challenge. I'll certainly back to do it again as a YouTube series on FM25. 

After not compelting the challenge in England last game itterarion, I'm delight to say Spain = Completed.

congrats!

We had a consortium takeover!

khNV1Q5.png

So, what did we get?

TN4fpn0.png

Ah... so nothing new then... :rolleyes:

What is SI basing this no players under 17 rule in Croatia?

There have been plenty of u17 players throughout the history of the first and second league. The top 15 youngest players in the history of the first division are all under 17.

Luka Vušković played for Hajduk as a 16 year old last season. And this season Leon Jakirević and Patrik Marić both played as 16 year olds.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, resurectedja said:

What is SI basing this no players under 17 rule in Croatia?

There have been plenty of u17 players throughout the history of the first and second league. The top 15 youngest players in the history of the first division are all under 17.

Luka Vušković played for Hajduk as a 16 year old last season. And this season Leon Jakirević and Patrik Marić both played as 16 year olds.

There is an exception this year, i posted it in my opening post with Karlovac. If they are deemed high enough potentialthey can play. But i don't know the criteria.   afbeelding_2024-05-22_152154650.png.9e0e61b1ab81e5ca5b3924ad88df5f33.png.c8cb93f15376995c83590ed645018706.png

Edited by Perre8

1 hour ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

13283.png?lm=1582964987

131d53f75f4e84207ebdd9dc9b5c10f9.png

2025/26 End of Season Review

Fixtures

3da694b9e5eb4279a56c6fac96166d1a.png

So close but no cigar, we make it to the promotion playoffs but end up being knocked out at the first hurdle following a rather exciting 5-5 draw!

4cb9dd4523d4b4149c10b0e006035c61.png

5db9acb69fb78d861f4e326ca1528d50.png

fe7edf76943319e6836cf52c19226452.png

90814cce430a0e81c73c5e58e9ad1b98.png

23c9245ddc43178b7015a6855581ff76.png

d1f8405911a43a249a526c634cec6d9e.png

Overall Best XI

92d74c110c4dc04504d0da02b753874d.png

2025/26 Best XI

3301d438d9c6cd0dea86a8e86ad277d8.png

Roy Ouwerkerk

Miłosz Łukasik - Chakib Amaouche (YP1h) - Harrison Prince

Dustley Winklaar - Loek Bos - Denzel de Haas - Youri Zondag (YP1n)

Kevin Kantelberg - Renzo Paal (YP1m) - Mark Louwers (YP1o)

186e9ff5e86db55fada740bb9b75047b.png

I didn't know you were still doing the Goal scoring GKs :lol:

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, BillHoudini24 said:

Are the Netherlands finally eligible for the challenge?

@Makoto Nakamura is using a custom database to tier 7 which has promotion between tier 2 and 3. I'm not 100% if that is allowed but it is still following the regular YA Challenge rules

Edited by Vakama2619

Posted (edited)

image.png.4c1c96539c270aae63d59ec8c9ec1c0f.png

2025 (season 1)

Table | Squad | Transfers

Started the season with a full squad but quickly realised i had a lot of CM's and GK's but not much depth elsewhere. In spite of this the team was always fighting for promotion and led for much of the season before a late loss to Gute knocked them off the top. Won the last game to make the playoffs, but 1 win and 1 loss in the playoffs was not enough to progress further which is possibly a good thing as the team is not quite good enough. Not entered in the swedish cup.

Finances started ok but the club lost a lot of money over the season not helped by employing a DOF on my 1st day at 400p/w.

Star player was Jonsson who is rated a good player for the league above and miles above my squad, he was top league scorer with 20 from cm. Norby was also effective up front.

The youth intake preview had no cm or dm's which is unusual but came through as excellent with several needed positions. The best 2 were Andersson and Said

Youth Nationalities:

Spoiler

Continent

Europe

Africa

South America

Asia

North America

Oceania

Overall

100%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Country

#

%

Europe

90.63%

Sweden

90.63%

Gambia

6.25%

Iraq

3.13%

Africa

6.25%

South America

0.00%

Asia

3.13%

North America

Oceania

Season

League

Position

Swedish Cup

Europe

Top Scorer

Top Assists

Attendance

Training

Youth

Junior

Youth Rec

Notes

D2 NS

2nd

Not entered

N/A

Jonnson(21)

Davidsson(7)

Basic

Poor

Fairly Basic

Basic

Edited by Thebaker

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Vakama2619 said:

@Makoto Nakamura is using a custom database to tier 7 which has promotion between tier 2 and 3. I'm not 100% if that is allowed but it is still following the regular YA Challenge rules

I am doing Greece this year, but it'd be fun to find a small team from my city for FM25.

The problem was that the Dutch FA was still considering changing the promotion/relegation situation in the second division. So far there is no promotion from 3rd/relegation from 2nd because most teams cannot afford to participate in the professional leagues.

My question was mostly focused on that, I know you can play custom databases that bypass that issue but I wanted to retain realism as much as possible in such a long term save.

Edited by BillHoudini24

FM23

800px-Nk_jadran_ploce.png.2781f642c1ab1978d9000202e848113d.png

Jadran Luka Ploče - Season 2 – 2023/24

To start the season, I randomly lost the locker-room !?!? I have no idea why or what, but a few senior members came to me and said so. But a promise seemed to solve it, in addition to a couple of weeks of praising training religiously. In terms of season preview, we were once again 1-50 to win the league and predicted to finish last out of the ten clubs in the reduced second division.  It was a decent season, we took care of business against the worst teams, sometimes surprising better, promotion candidates. But in the end we ended up seventh out of 10 clubs.

Our best player Paponja decided to leave us on free, going to Bosnia, signing for Tuzla City. He got rich in the process, going from 45k to 200k+ per year.

I also signed a new one year contract. There were plenty of takeover rumours, but it never happened. It never does, does it?

The attendances in this league are a tragedy.

Our facilities were downgraded, but the the reputation continues to increase, so I think it wont make too much difference for the intake.

The intake preview was absolutely spectacular. It promised seven talented player, with a bunch of As. Surprisingly, the intake was equally brilliant. We got 7 elite talents and 2 top talents. Krševan Jerolimov is a versatile wide attacker, solid athlete with no real strength. Juan Carlos Rubio, popurarly nicknamed Rubi is a son of a Spanish mother and now estranged Senegalese father. He moved to Ploče 3 years ago when his mother got a job opportunity locally. A smart, determined player, he has the ability to become our starting FB, and potentially one of the leaders of the team. Tonći Krištić is an athletic and aggressive winger with a bad personality. Krševan Nižetić, distant cousin of popular singer Luka, is a technically gifted wide attacker with a lot of flair. Viktor Matijašević is a tall, hardworking either footed central defender who might also turn into a very good BWM in central midfield. Krunoslav Sivrić will turn into a threat from both winger positions, similar to Mario Benko.

Our best prospect from last year Karoglan improved well, going from 1.5 to 2.5 stars. As soon as he turned 17 he started playing, scoring on his debut.

Our leading goalscorer was Antonio Raguž with 13

Ivano Čepo was our best rated player with 7.19

Ivan Paponja leads the assist chart with 11.

Next season I hope we win more than we did this year. It will be tough without Paponja tho. I plan on giving Karoglan as many starts as possible as well.

FM23

800px-Nk_jadran_ploce.png.1bb5e0692279b0ae2a59ce546d4a3ec8.png

Jadran Luka Ploče - Season 3 – 2024/25

This season, I decided to switch things up tactically, and go to a very direct tactic, something I call “Ah, **** it” tactic. I haven’t played with 3 strikers upfront since like fm12. The biggest reason for the switch is that I have 3 good strikers and 3 good midfielders, with no real threats on either wing spots, now that I shifted Karlogan to starting right FB. It has been a wonderful season for Karoglan. He developed better than I expected a player could at this club. he went from a 2.5 star winger to a 4 star Complete WB/winger and Croatian youth national. Hope we can keep him, but as you know, once players hit 4,5 stars its really hard to keep them at a club.

We had two hiccups at the beginning of the season, losing one, drawing the second. The loss against Dubrava was the worst last 10 minutes I ever had in 15+ years of playing this game. . The goals started to match the expected goals, and after 15 matches we found ourselves first with a point ahead of Dragovoljac. One 7 games and one 8 games streak of no defeats led us to a shocking promotion.

The success of this season led to my new one-year deal. The league win made me one of the top Welsh managers which is really sad.

The youth intake preview was once again amazing. We were supposed to get five talented players, including two forwards, a position increasingly important in this new system. The intake gave us 5 elite talents. I was pleasantly surprised with the amount of CA. One 2 star and four 1,5 star talents is a lot better that I hoped for. This shows that our reputation keeps improving. Hopefully the promotion will be an added boost and we see a intake with a 2,5 or more CA player soon. On to the most talented players from this year’s intake. Dante Jovanovic is a resolute goalkeeper who would be starting for me if it wasn’t for that dumb rule. Great handling and reflexes, will need to improve on his athleticism. Boženko Kolega seems like a well rounded playmaker who will have to improve his dribbling. Michele Oremuš is explosive and technical on the left wing, but will be turned into an Advanced Forward. Domislić shares the name of my corrupt uncle, and that is where the comparison ends. He looks like our future number 9, a targetman who can finish equally well from a ground and from the air. Ratko Juras is a smart and technical holding midfielder. If he develops he will be another asset to my possession heavy playstyle.

Our best goalscorer was once again Raguž with 18 in 26. He was also our best rated player

Romić lead the creators with 8 assists

My only hope for next season is that we don’t get absolutely smoked and I don’t get the sack.

Posted (edited)

Club.thumb.PNG.61abf22b597d71867884ec06e8e80aeb.PNG

Manager

Spoiler

Manager.thumb.PNG.8344c8f29547e6a83fdcb506fed7b7a1.PNG

After some time away, I'm back to the challenge.
This time in Slovenia, more precisely in the city of Ptuj, home of NK Drava Ptuj.
Lets see how this goes. :D

Edited by The7Striker

7 hours ago, BillHoudini24 said:

I am doing Greece this year, but it'd be fun to find a small team from my city for FM25.

The problem was that the Dutch FA was still considering changing the promotion/relegation situation in the second division. So far there is no promotion from 3rd/relegation from 2nd because most teams cannot afford to participate in the professional leagues.

My question was mostly focused on that, I know you can play custom databases that bypass that issue but I wanted to retain realism as much as possible in such a long term save.

17 hours ago, Vakama2619 said:

See what @darren1983 or @XaW think, I'm happy to start in a different nation if it isn't allowed. :) 

3 minutes ago, Makoto Nakamura said:

See what @darren1983 or @XaW think, I'm happy to start in a different nation if it isn't allowed. :) 

This is a borderline thing for me. We usually say that lower league addons are only allowed if they follow the real life setup and rules as closely as possible. Since the Dutch FA has removed relegation from the 2nd tier, the nation is essentially not eligible this year, but at the same time, it might be allowed some time in the future.... I'm very much on the fence here, as I don't like gatekeeping this challenge, but at the same time we need some ground rules otherwise people could create superleagues and ruin the spirit of the challenge. And that's why I also think this is should be allowed, because it's clearly in the spirit of the challenge. Once again, I'm of two minds here...

Would also like to hear what @darren1983 thinks, but I would like to say that IF this is allowed, it should be on a case to case basis and not a set rule. Otherwise, where we do we draw the line? And this is not only for @darren1983, but also others who have been playing this challenge for years and know and understand the idea behind it. I'd like to hear what others think too about how we set up the rules, both now and going forward.

112235.png.15fc0738c49ff1e9fe6fa5b20dc175ba.png

Usti nad Labem - Czech First Division - 4th Season (2027-28 Season)

Horrible second season in the First Division. We hit a stretch where we lost 9 straight league games. Happy that we ended up regaining form in the end to safely escape relegation but I feel like this could be the norm in the next few seasons. Quite a few important players are leaving us including young striker and star of the team, 18 year old Lumir Cicovsky, who signed for Sparta after refusing to sign a contract with us.

FootballManager20245_27_20243_14_43PM.thumb.png.34cbffce23f65f48337ab57f1409074b.png

FootballManager20245_27_20243_14_51PM.thumb.png.4993e43e44a8a345456365c926bc0759.png

Transfers:

FootballManager20245_27_20243_26_12PM.thumb.png.21d2780c5836c3ddc0a9718652518ecd.png

Youth Intake:

FootballManager20245_27_20242_30_07PM.thumb.png.65fee76846d75685e45025b6e18ece1e.png

Not a great intake this year. I have to start being creative with my training as we are lacking in fullbacks. This year will be a real battle against relegation, I may try and tweak my tactics more than usual. Fingers crossed I survive...

2 hours ago, XaW said:

This is a borderline thing for me. We usually say that lower league addons are only allowed if they follow the real life setup and rules as closely as possible. Since the Dutch FA has removed relegation from the 2nd tier, the nation is essentially not eligible this year, but at the same time, it might be allowed some time in the future.... I'm very much on the fence here, as I don't like gatekeeping this challenge, but at the same time we need some ground rules otherwise people could create superleagues and ruin the spirit of the challenge. And that's why I also think this is should be allowed, because it's clearly in the spirit of the challenge. Once again, I'm of two minds here...

Would also like to hear what @darren1983 thinks, but I would like to say that IF this is allowed, it should be on a case to case basis and not a set rule. Otherwise, where we do we draw the line? And this is not only for @darren1983, but also others who have been playing this challenge for years and know and understand the idea behind it. I'd like to hear what others think too about how we set up the rules, both now and going forward.

Honestly my view currently is that I'm OK with custom databases that follow rules and setups as close to real life as we can find because, while I like we've opened up the challenge to many more leagues in the past couple of years allowing more people to find their own niche and story, we do need to to have at least some kind of rules in order to stop it from being a free for all with custom setups.

There was a thread last year (I think?) for the leagues that didn't fit in here so maybe worth looking for that if people are really tied to the idea of a certain nation that isn't usable in this thread. 

This season the club has clearly created a U21 team. My Director of Football is signing staff for it, I am asked to promote U18-players to it.

But I cannot see anything i Staff Responsibilities and I can still only see the U18 team in the main screen.

Have you experienced this?

5 minutes ago, andershs said:

This season the club has clearly created a U21 team. My Director of Football is signing staff for it, I am asked to promote U18-players to it.

But I cannot see anything i Staff Responsibilities and I can still only see the U18 team in the main screen.

Have you experienced this?

I had this before, and I think I either reloaded the skin or restarted the game, and then it showed in Staff Responsibilities.

6 minutes ago, darren1983 said:

Honestly my view currently is that I'm OK with custom databases that follow rules and setups as close to real life as we can find because, while I like we've opened up the challenge to many more leagues in the past couple of years allowing more people to find their own niche and story, we do need to to have at least some kind of rules in order to stop it from being a free for all with custom setups.

There was a thread last year (I think?) for the leagues that didn't fit in here so maybe worth looking for that if people are really tied to the idea of a certain nation that isn't usable in this thread. 

Good shout with the other thread actually. I had forgotten about that. I agree, as closely to real life as possible in here and anything else can be its own thread.

22 minutes ago, XaW said:

I had this before, and I think I either reloaded the skin or restarted the game, and then it showed in Staff Responsibilities.

Restarting Football Manager did the trick. Thanks!

Badge.png.17dd2f4fcc383547fe0afe1c7ff11387.png

TSV Alemannia Aachen 2027/2028 Season 4

Well that was a very entertaining season. After the first few months it looked like we in for a relegation battle but we began to turn things around in late January and we had an undefeated month in February which put us in a good position to finish mid-table. We ended the season in 11thSquad is starting to take shape with the likes of Kennedy and Hornbruch. However we suffered a big loss this season with Akinola asking for a transfer and as much as we tried to keep him in the end we had to sell him. We did get 8.5 million for him from Newcastle with a 50% sale. We were able to use this to upgrade some parts of the club which will hopefully help us going forward. 

Youth preview looked good with a couple of As and again it didn't disappoint with some top talents coming through and luckily enough a RB who may be able to replace the gap Akinola has left. Overall another great season and we keep moving forward to try and develop this team and ready them to fight for the Bundesliga 2 title. 

LeagueTable.png.8ee09078ab6805a9048021d3e81e4e6c.png

HornBruch.thumb.png.a617299da59530f721b67eae5420d746.pngKennedy28.thumb.png.ccfca0c562770c796e6f179e08ec6410.png

AkinolaSale.png.d220ffe8f531017f52dd9638d2c85db2.pngTransfers.thumb.png.7c384c6cd8f06502769bc0cff590bde4.png

YouthRecruitment28.png.d5d832b4d1c7d756961385150e9c8388.pngjUNIORcOACHING.png.e89345c9f6789b5b2adafd3d6414a0d5.pngTrainingupgrade.png.5538d8403db204764e7ab1fbf9b73428.png

Youthpreview28.png.043f51562e252aa85077cd2cfc0839f2.pngYouthintake28.png.51347d61fd3612bb372e762beb936a75.png

MarkusSchendl.thumb.png.08f3c5daeade7a0c1cdcd8fd49208f7d.pngPongsakornYooyen.thumb.png.c693e8d55523845c564985e830e21059.png

IFK_Malm_logo_svg.png.b2a7f5c8375fc31c6c7c6c55e14b72c2.png

IFK Malmö

Well, my second attempt at this club! I didn't like the contract-rules in Denmark. And as I lost al my previous saves, I'm starting a new one in Sweden with IFK Malmö.

fLtUVu5.png

arKMRll.png

21 hours ago, XaW said:

I would allow it because Holland could be back available next FM. You or Darren can verify this case by case :)

I'm also in favour of allowing nations with only one tier if their reputation (or youth rating , or both) is very very low.. like Gibraltar :) 

Posted (edited)

BAGSHOT - ENGLAND (9° LEVEL)

GXJp88O.png

New try. Yes, again. This time I'll change a little bit the direction. It was being hard to me survive the relegation from the Vanarama National League North/South, so I thought: what if I start the journey in a lower league? Of course I had to download a database, but I think it is allowed for this challenge. It's the Dan's one, the one with 20 levels on England. I decided to start in the 9th, in the Combined Counties League Premier South. I simulated a season and I chose from one of the promoted teams: Bagshot. The squad is very short, so the challenge is always the same: try to not lose any player in the first title and avoid the relegation, so I can start building a team with the first generation of regens. Only one club will be relegated this season, I hope will not be us.

[+] Bagshot's squad
[+] Combined Countes League Premier South
[+] Season preview

[+] Manager's profile

Edited by diegolawliet