The FM22 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, glennuk said:

@skillsahh that's gutting. 93 points should get you up. Hopefully the 1 more year will put you in good stead for when you get back to the EPL.

@BigJackkeep on keeping on. I found the vanarama years much more difficult than the sky bet years.

it was quite flattering, we won our last 8 games which put us from on the verge of playoffs to title contenders.   Have had 3 really poor intakes the past 3 years so im void of having good depth at the moment especially in CD and CM

Edited by SkiIIs

On 19/06/2022 at 19:51, glennuk said:

Worthing FC - Season 18 - English Premier League - Youth Intake - Could he be a wonderkid?

Top 3 - Youth Intake 18

Paul Price (YP18A) - I was excited by him as soon as I saw him. He isn't far from first team level (CB is one of our weakest areas), he has a great personality and when he signed his contract he was immediately worth between 10-17.7 mil. Which would make him our 4th highest valued player. He does need to improve his mentals and he has been put on defensive positioning training straight away. He will get playing time very soon indeed. Could he be a wonderkid? Only time will tell, but either way he is the most promising player to come out of our youth intake in a long time.

image.thumb.png.74a3cafe94c0e3e4ac8ac861ddc42673.png

Christian Stedman (YP18B) - Another great looking prospect with a very good personality. We actually are relatively strong in the middle of the park now, so it may be a few years before he sees much action for us.  Needs some work to improve but I think a year or so in the U18s/U23s and a loan to the lower leagues should give him plenty of development opportunities.

image.thumb.png.67101ea8506c2c0b2e62627537600f0d.png

Bradley Richards (YP18C) - A 6 foot 7 inch CB. Yes please. Has decent mentals to start with which is a promising sign. A good if not great personality and some important starting attributes in the likes of tackling and concentration. Another player who could be in the first team in his late teens.
image.thumb.png.f26ad1dc1082af824def5b214c1918f8.png

Jamie Hornby (YP18D) - Adding this one just for fun. As I went to rename, I was not allowed...as his name is hornby...and FM deems it offensive :idiot: All in all Jamie H looks to be a decent winger and we may try to train him as an AML Inverted Winger, as we are a lot winger on that side than the AMR Winger side.
image.thumb.png.7e0f473a146fb39ad7a3973f51342f7d.png

Random Musing - The 18th Intake - The Best Intake

The 4 players highlighted from the 18th intake, are now four of my best players. I only noticed this as I am getting towards the end of another season. My two starting CBS, my best CM (Advanced Playermaker) and my starting striker (Advanced Forward). All are really good players, all are Premier League standard, all from one intake.

Craziest thing is I thought that maybe I should go back to this HOYD. Basile Zottos......he has retired/disappeared from the game :( 

Here is what they all look like 6 years later.

image.thumb.png.d3d7d7468ef6bb2a4c9c26e15667bcc0.png

image.thumb.png.6079ac8fba6b04bac301e19c69bb5d9a.png

image.thumb.png.37ac1550ce3e8a7f5f27d3b327cf5d3f.png

image.thumb.png.e2df729700bf58064f124bab87ecf393.png

44 minutes ago, glennuk said:

Random Musing - The 18th Intake - The Best Intake

The 4 players highlighted from the 18th intake, are now four of my best players. I only noticed this as I am getting towards the end of another season. My two starting CBS, my best CM (Advanced Playermaker) and my starting striker (Advanced Forward). All are really good players, all are Premier League standard, all from one intake.

Craziest thing is I thought that maybe I should go back to this HOYD. Basile Zottos......he has retired/disappeared from the game :( 

Here is what they all look like 6 years later.

image.thumb.png.d3d7d7468ef6bb2a4c9c26e15667bcc0.png

image.thumb.png.6079ac8fba6b04bac301e19c69bb5d9a.png

image.thumb.png.37ac1550ce3e8a7f5f27d3b327cf5d3f.png

image.thumb.png.e2df729700bf58064f124bab87ecf393.png

very nice, all would easily slot into my starting X!

Giorgio-Bozzato-.jpg.b958da198d48bf4374cb08f51b954c94.jpg

Season 2024 / 2025

A brilliant first season i Serie B. Actually made it to the promotion playoff.

Played 0-0 i the first round but got knocked out because I was worse placed in the leauge.

Slowly moving more academy players up to the senior squad.

Expect to do better next season but still happy to survive in Serie B.

Got a very promising GK in this years intake, he will be my first choice GK already.

GL ALL !! :) 

20220712061424_1.thumb.jpg.04e4e02858f434e701062689dfd00f34.jpg20220712025602_1.thumb.jpg.d7991fd08dd0c3766c5d2b598023d365.jpg

20220712061434_1.thumb.jpg.d16bfe1b3e5dd776604a1c418416ae00.jpg

hSH1jAC.png?2

2030/31 Season Review:

yl3RT74.png

The increased focus on the Champions League cost us as chance to return there. Seems comical to advance to quarter finals, but finish sixth in Ukraine. Oh well.

2d0ruJR.png

I was fairly confident of beating Atletico, but the draw against Real Madrid was a different story. Finally, the measuring stick I was looking for. The first match up was 0-0 until the 70th minute. Then Tonali scores. Always fun seeing ten years into the future where players end up. Then he scores again, and regen as well. 3-0 at the 76th minute. Doom is settling in. At the 92nd minute Moukoko scores. A prelude for the next match where he would score four times. Seven minutes in and Mbappe scores off a pass from Bellingham. I pause and see just how stacked they are. Maybe I was lucky to only lose 13-0 on aggregate. They won the Champions League. 

wxlnFac.png

Another Youth Facilities Upgrade!

vVeZxVH.png

Getting close to maxed out. 

Fi86Xek.png

Not much to go over. I'm a lot more selective about signing players off youth intake to keep roster size more manageable. We're a big enough club now that players aren't asking to go to bigger clubs all the time, so other than the occasional player getting a full diaper over playing time no one is asking to leave.

Youth Intake:

lvjeKko.png

imdz8Jd.png

I'd guess this is the transitional intake between the old and new HYOD. It's not terrible, and I would expect as the team gets better the intakes to be less impressive. It feels like a big step down though. Another one like this and he'll be on thin ice.

2031/32 Season Preview:

m9bx2x0.png9iOeTIb.png

Immersion update: Finances said new kit sponsor, so here we are. Only 1 year deal though.

3vE2u4T.png

fGGJvvY.png

kBKYJ6r.png

Since I already won the Conference League before and I've already achieved the goal of making to the group stage, I will be focusing my efforts in league. I feel confident a rotated side won't embarrass us, so my best XI will be focused on winning the League and returning to the Champions League.

18 hours ago, alex66678 said:

What would you say - is this challenge doable on Xbox version or is it too hard because of the fewer opportunities for micromanagement and the 30 seasons cap?

Late reply, sorry, but I've never played xbox version so no idea what's included and what isn't I'm afraid. 

End of Season Review

Season 2022/23

VV Drachtster Boys

VV Drachtster Boys - Club profile | Transfermarkt

Season Summary

It was a frustrating season as finished in the middle of the pack.

Season Details

League Table - A mid table finish is a decent enough first campaign.

League Fixtures 1 & 2 - We nevere really got going and a dreadful run of form in November & December put paid to any faint hopes I had of challenging for promotion.

Friendlies - It was a mixed bag of results.

Squad - We have a decent enough squad, though we do lack any real stand out players.

Squad Dynamics - It is rather lovely.

Transfers In - None.

Transfers Out - None.

Youth Candidates - It was a strong intake with goalkeeper Frank Böhm YP23A1 the best prospect.

Finances - We made a small profit and have a bank balance that is in the black.

Key Players

Tugay Paksoy - The Dutch teenager enjoyed his first full season in central midfield.

Bjørn Tore Aursand - Another teenager, the Norwegian played well enough as he was deployed out of position up front for most of the season.

Jordi Molenaar - The left back was our best defender.

Luuk van Mil - Regarded as one of our best players, he was either exceptional or poor, with no real middle ground.

Rick Schuring - The experience central defender had a poor campaign.

Next Season

I will be happy with a top half finish.

Personal Coaching Data

Season     Reputation               Qualifications    Att   Def   Fit   GkD   GkH   GkS   Tac   Tec   Men   WWY   Ada   Det   PlK   YoK   LoD   MaM   Mot
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At start   Minimal       (0.25*)    None                1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     1     4     1     1     1     4     1     1     1
2022/23    Minimal =     (0.50*) ↑  National B ↑↑       5 ↑   6 ↑   3 ↑   1 =   1 =   1 =   6 ↑   6 ↑   5 ↑   4 =   1 =   5 ↑   5 ↑   6 ↑  10 =   6 ↑   6 ↑

Club Facilities

Season     Training Facilities  Youth Facilities  Corporate Facilities  Junior Coaching  Youth Recruitment  Club Reputation
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At Start   Below Average        Below Average     Basic                 Average          Fairly Basic       Local   (0.50*)
2022/23    Below Average =      Below Average =   Basic =               Adequate ↑       Adequate     ↑     Local = (0.50*) =

Season Record

Season     Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23      26         9       12        5          44              37                  +7              34.62%

Overall Career Record

After Season   Played     Won     Drawn     Lost     Goals For     Goals Against     Goal Difference     Win Percentage     Time At Club
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23          26         9       12        5          44              37                  +7              34.62%             293 days

Transfer Sale Record

Date               Player                    Position               Club Sold To                 Country                   Transfer Fee
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trophy Haul

Season     Competition Won
--------------------------

Trophy Cabinet

League Titles
-------------

Cup Competition Victories
-------------------------

Career Overview

Season     Champions League    Europa League    Europa Conference League             League                             Position     TOTO KNVB Beker                    Achievements
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23           N/a               N/a                    N/a                       Eerste Klasse Zaterdag E              6th             N/a                          Mid table mediocrity.

Record Number of Appearances (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                          Cumulative Number of Appearances
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2022/23    Frank Böhm YP23A1                               2

Record Goal Scorer (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                                Cumulative Number of Goals
2022/23    No one                                             0

Record Number of Assists (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                              Cumulative Number of Assists
2022/23    No one                                            0

Record Number of Clean Sheets (Players From The Academy Only)

Season     Player                         Cumulative Number of Clean Sheets
2022/23    Frank Böhm YP23A1                               1

Edited by DazRTaylor

America De Natal: Youth Preview

image.png.e884a8e7b9b7139ae3cba5922e5e2352.png

This season is taking its time and dragging, as I'm having to play each game in full (no instant result) and fully scout and tweak tactics for each opposition in order to squeeze the best possible result out of each match. However, we're holding onto a lifeline and on pace for survival through 18 games. Still, that will come with the season review. For now, I'm popping in to share my preview, where it's as if the FM gods were listening when I said in my prior post that my CBs and LB were getting on in age and quickly declining! Immediately two new CBs and a fullback are in the youth pipeline!  Praying they materialize into something good.

1307870612_ScreenShot2022-07-11at10_42_58PM.thumb.png.261acb5b989110e059860729f78fff52.png

1 hour ago, dcayton9 said:

America De Natal: Youth Preview

image.png.e884a8e7b9b7139ae3cba5922e5e2352.png

This season is taking its time and dragging, as I'm having to play each game in full (no instant result) and fully scout and tweak tactics for each opposition in order to squeeze the best possible result out of each match. However, we're holding onto a lifeline and on pace for survival through 18 games. Still, that will come with the season review. For now, I'm popping in to share my preview, where it's as if the FM gods were listening when I said in my prior post that my CBs and LB were getting on in age and quickly declining! Immediately two new CBs and a fullback are in the youth pipeline!  Praying they materialize into something good.

1307870612_ScreenShot2022-07-11at10_42_58PM.thumb.png.261acb5b989110e059860729f78fff52.png

Playing each game in full in a league as busy as Brazil sounds painful mate. Think I'd rather just get relegated :)

790211391_download(1).png.16b5e72375bdffe4c033adf109d36d92.png

Argentina

Premier League

Season Summary

So the main problem in Argentina? River Plate. Check this:-

51riverdominate.JPG.546a933c75b34b6682648363c75adb55.JPG

They just dominate! Luckily we could take advantage of that four year barren spell! Anyway, at the minute they are just absurdly good. 

51leaguetable.JPG.f587322328480f9f1eecdc22e33d7a29.JPG

Copa Libertadores - So, does their domination spread to the libertadores? I didn't hold out much hope for us this season. A young team and the group draw was by far the hardest I've ever had.  Two Brazilian sides in Sao Paulo and Corinthians and Independiente de Valle of Ecuador, who beat us both home and away in the group stage last season. But we were just brilliant! We qualified after only 4 games and ended 5 points clear at the top!

The second round was easy peasy - Cerro Portena of Paraguay. No problemo.

Quarter final? River Plate...... we won the home leg 3-1, a fantastic result. But the away leg? Oh my days...... it was only 3-0 but could just of easily been 8 or 9.

So.... do River Plate dominate the Libertadores?

51riverdominate2.JPG.45495083727c6b133bf9ab7c95be3cb7.JPG

so, er, yeah. I really hate River Plate!

Players

Its still a young team.

51bestXI.JPG.961b9e8172d8ec585f4a3d51fa37a31b.JPG

Bizarelly, Villacorta 48A is still with us! We kept getting offers for him at around 3m and 40% future profit. And I kept being tempted, cos his release fee is only 6m. In fact, end of August I accepted an offer from man City and then, right at the end, when I realised it was August 31st, I cancelled the deal. And there were no repercussions! I'm skating on thin ice with him though! I'll be amazed if we start the new season with him, there's a big list of interested clubs.....

51villacortainterest.JPG.b3432dabd155d86ba505820a69e91ff3.JPG

Wonderkids

So, we had a player in the top 50 wonderkids! I assumed it would be Villacorta 48A, an international and already a wonderkid at 19. but no.....

51wonderkidstop50.JPG.538ef10bec48f8f6295dd438c7ff337f.JPG

Dean Duggan 48D!!!! Interesting!

Finances

So one of my old wonderkids got sold! To Manchester United no less.

51leonsold.JPG.96862ddf2c547cd0a6d5d7edd8927bab.JPG

Which is only interesting as we had a 50% future fee attached! I've had loads of those and none have paid of - this is the first one to get us more than a few mill!

51leongetsus17million.JPG.c0d23d269f393c6b4555b7c4ee68e3b2.JPG

Which meant I could invest! We've had no option to improve the youth facilities since it dropped a few seasons ago so I did what I could

51improvetraining.JPG.f3a02d11fdd2a0579e81b4fc95976932.JPG

51increaseyouthcoaching.JPG.69c9197185f67a7325f7bf404a3eea6b.JPG

Career

51career.thumb.JPG.a5773fe2bf0c4d56031b593962a72130.JPG

2 hours ago, JAwtunes said:

Playing each game in full in a league as busy as Brazil sounds painful mate. Think I'd rather just get relegated :)

If I do end up getting relegated this time around it's probably game over for this save and onto a somewhat small league because you're right. These seasons are killing me lol

Knattspyrnufélagið Afríkuliðið - Football Manager 2019 Guide - FM19 Team  Guides

XaW - Knattspyrnufélagið Afríkuliðið - Youth intake 2031

cFLbFYn.png

For once some great personalities. I'm struggling to get in a good HoYD because of the low reputation and that has mostly been reflected in poor personalities so far.

fVlR3p9.png

An excellent Malian wide player. I think I'll make him into a in IF on the left and have him cut inside.

PBQG9P1.png

Zt1aQi6.png

fShk8ZA.png

jOa2Aky.png

So I've learnt something today.  I have just finished my first season on a new save and when checking a few things I spotted we have an exceptional youth recruitment rating, great youth facilities etc.  I am playing with a vanilla db and this isn't what the team are set up with in the db (it should be much lower).

image.png.3c19d780983c095e5ef1041560d285f2.png

Anyway, what I realised is that an affiliation with a senior team in the top division was causing these to be buffed.  This is probably common knowledge but I don't ever look for senior affiliates so don't remember ever seeing this before.  The details of the affiliation are below, as are the facilities etc. descriptions after I cancelled the affiliation (just as a test, I am keeping the link in my main save... for now).  It looks like 'Skarp's youth players share training facilities with Tromso' means the youngsters get to use the youth facilities at Tromso (makes sense) and that somehow also massively boosts our junior coaching and youth recruitment.  We basically seem to just have the same descriptions, with exception of training facilities, as Tromso.  Seems weird to me, but what do I know!

image.png.91ea0b5c98076a3785c378348a800561.png

with link terminated:

image.png.b89ad14cec6fb540651a97e399022cdf.png

spacer.png

Barakaldo C.F. - Segunda División RFEF - Grupo II - 2022/2023

Manager

Characteristics | Attributes

Season Summary

The club won Segunda División RFEF - Grupo II and Copa Federación de España. Got knocked out in the third round of Copa del Rey to Club Atlético de Madrid S.A.D.

spacer.png

Best XI | Segunda División RFEF - Grupo II Table

Youth Intake 2023

spacer.png

I'm questioned the amount of Balanced personalities I got from my HOYD who is Level Headed / Fairly Professional. However, I will still stick with him because he got me two Resolutes.

Players to keep an eye on

Íñigo Agirrezabala Y23A | Asier Etxeberria Y23B | Ander Aguirre Y23C | Óscar Palacios Y23M

One of the older players on the squad retired after winning the league.

spacer.png

spacer.png

4 hours ago, JAwtunes said:

So I've learnt something today.  I have just finished my first season on a new save and when checking a few things I spotted we have an exceptional youth recruitment rating, great youth facilities etc.  I am playing with a vanilla db and this isn't what the team are set up with in the db (it should be much lower).

Anyway, what I realised is that an affiliation with a senior team in the top division was causing these to be buffed.  This is probably common knowledge but I don't ever look for senior affiliates so don't remember ever seeing this before.  The details of the affiliation are below, as are the facilities etc. descriptions after I cancelled the affiliation (just as a test, I am keeping the link in my main save... for now).  It looks like 'Skarp's youth players share training facilities with Tromso' means the youngsters get to use the youth facilities at Tromso (makes sense) and that somehow also massively boosts our junior coaching and youth recruitment.  We basically seem to just have the same descriptions, with exception of training facilities, as Tromso.  Seems weird to me, but what do I know!

with link terminated:

Woah, what a cool find! Definitely something to look for when starting new saves for a jump start

Knattspyrnufélagið Afríkuliðið - Football Manager 2019 Guide - FM19 Team  Guides

XaW - Knattspyrnufélagið Afríkuliðið - Season 2031 - Íslandsdeildin

FYy4GnN.png

Squad | Transfers | Finances

We took another step, but we do have a rather big gap up to Valur. Still, continual improvement is all I can ask for.

Bikarkeppni karla: We beat Völsungur, Stjarnan, Sindri, and Fjölnir before we lost to Valur in the semi final.
Deildabikar: We drew Þróttur, Þróttur V., HK, Kórdrengir, and Vestmannaeyja and won our group to qualify for the playoff rounds. In the semi final we lost to KR.

Europa Conference League: We beat MŠK Žilina of Slovenia before losing to CFR Cluj of Romania in the 2nd qualifying round.

Trophy cabinet

3. deild - 1 (2025)
4. deild - Group A - 1 (2023)

bGr0P2r.png

image.jpeg.f916963792f6e7439c623e691b26c7c5.jpeg

Season 2042/43 - Championship

My third league win and first Championship title after what can only be described as a superb! Massive points haul of 110 is a new record for us in year we dominated from start to finish. Back to back 40 goal campaigns from previously named wonderkid Timmy Jarvis helped steer us to the title. The extra year in the championship definitely helped the development of some of my players and I've unearthed a decent CB, just need one more to partner him! The great test will be next year...

656467801_2022-07-13(2).png.8f1a25b000565556dcc2fa27cf7c4400.png

Youth Preview - like seriously cmon man!!!

2022-07-12.png.34c7c96c997458c8feb3ed74ab2dcb64.png

Youth intake - was pretty dire! Better personalities but geez my intakes have been shocking since getting youth category 1

2022-07-13.png.c66829938c33d4ff1bc847383ab03427.png

431737547_2022-07-13(1).png.4df51497c9a19ee7e5ea3746d5032764.png

IK_Sleipner_logo.png.194eee15f8b2250989900f90240cf160.png

IK Sleipner

Season 2023 (season 2)

Ettan Fotboll Division 1 Norra (3rd)
League table | Finances | Facilities | Transfers |Youth intake| Club overview | Manager Profile

Again a great season for us! We nearly qualified for promotion playoffs, but it wasn't enough. I'm very happy with this season though. Let's hope we can continue our current form, and gain promotion next season!
OZ3sK0R.jpg

Best players were DR Jonathan Larsson, DL Oliver Blomdahl, DC Calle Svensson, MC Gentrit Çitaku, MC William Lundell and AML Vetle Larsén. Best youth player this season was Giannis Chryssajis 22a, who played 26 games as DMC. Also Mattias Larsén 22b had a good first season for us, scoring 5 goals this season. Calle Svensson is retiring at  the end of this season. In the last game of the season he scored the winning goal for us. What a way to end your career!
Vetle Larsén is probably our best player, but he's not willing to sign a new deal. I really hope that he will change his mind, otherwise he will leave the club on a free next month.

Youth intake
The youth intake was a good one. As posted before, this was the preview:

9wZREzW.jpg
And this the actual intake:

SWXotlb.png

Spoiler

rnrATjP.jpgRd57S03.jpg5siIOlw.jpg5wK3tfi.jpgkMJ6MrF.jpgbtNfJPl.jpg

I'll promote Ström 23e and Eklund 23e to our first team, to replace Svensson and Larsén.

BqZDfwe.jpg

e8KriAo.jpg

image.jpeg.03598fde0ea1cdb5ed3cd31c81bb2f6e.jpeg

Season 4 2025/26

Competitions

Overview

Vanarama North - Table

It has by far been our best season yet as we managed to grab 4th place and ended the season just 5 points of champions York. This meant our first ever crack at the play offs and in the first round we faced South Shields who we beat 4-3 in a brilliant end to end game. In the semi finals we faced the leagues form team Tamworth and they were too strong for us running out 3-1 winners. I am not overly bothered about not going up as I think another season in this league will do the squad the world of good.

FA Cup - Knocked out in the 3rd QR by Blyth Spartans. 

FA Trophy - Knocked out in the 2nd Round by Alfreton Town

Playing Squad

Squad   Transfers     Best 11

Another season of progress and one which has seen us basically have 7/8 intake players in our first 11. The game time has seen some players come on leaps and bounds and I am just going to show my starting 11 here as they have all impressed me.

GK - Dan Lavercombe 

RB - Steve Thorpe 25a 

LB - Sean Gannon 25c 

CB - Darren Hird 24e

CB - Curtis Jones

CM - Wes Burke 25e

CM - Luke Griffiths

AMR - Filip Ekman 24b

AML - Regan Linney

AMC - Uche Essien 25b

ST - Darren Black 24a

As you can see we are now almost all Intake players and although Jones has been really good for me, I am planning to start Burke and Hird as my CB pairing next season and give  Daryl Wallace 26a some more game time. Other than that we are moving on a few of the original squad this summer now we have the players to take their places. We really need a GK to come through though. 

Youth Development

Intake Preview    Intake

Not the worst intake but certainly not our best one either. Daryl Wallace 26a is the brightest prospect and comes through at a great time as we needed a CM or 2. Nobody else massively jumps out for me but I'm sure a couple will progress and be squad players.  I also thought I should mention due to our youth category being moved from 4 to 3 we also saw our under18s side competing in the English u18 division 3 for the first time and they managed a 4th placed finish against some much bigger sides academies. 

Facilities and Finances

Facilities     Finances

Another decent year. I didn't ask for any upgrades as I want to try and turn professional as soon as possible, as I noticed that there are 5 professional teams in this division and they make up 5 of the top 7. 

Edited by BigJack

File:Follo FK.svg - Wikimedia Commons

XaW - Follo Fotballklubb - Youth intake 2022

1LHaEE0.png

Pretty satisfied with this. Quite a few decent defenders, and need some numbers there, at least.

PtWpGMU.png

Ole Andreas Sandven 22b is a very physical left back. Needs some work on his technical side, but a very promising talent.

UaqnR1x.png

Oliver Aagren 22g is more of a central defender, and gives us more options there.

NzkhhxY.png

Torgeir Ehrhardt 22h is the highest rated player of the intake, and seems like a very promising full back, and can even deputize as a defensive midfielder if needed.

kxUnTTk.png

y1UHM6T.png

OFT9i00.png

Late to the party but finally decided to start my own journey in my home country with Royal Union Tubize-Braine which has a sick logo, great facilities & money for it's level (+ the only professional team in the current division). Also starting with a HOYD with pretty decent stats. Very excited!

Untitled.png

Screenshot (396).png

image.thumb.png.00b58226554c1b7e47ff2c6e51ce70a4.pngimage.thumb.png.cde9fcf32f41fc0cf59f5f9dfd8121db.png

Edited by xenomorphing
edit

hSH1jAC.png?2

2031/32 Midseason Review:

FlcXCRt.png

As I said during my season preview, winning the league is the goal. I rotated the Conference League and Domestic Cup matches. On our way to our goal, but I did manage to jinx something. I said during a previous post that none of the players wanted to leave. Well, it seems Dynamo is pissed I'm beating them and have unsettled half my starters. They're all under contract through at least next season. We're ridiculously rich, so I'd rather win matches with good players and they walk then transfer out for money I can't spend.

gdIRAJV.png

tHPdBg0.png

A8cBCVD.png

Even rotating a fair amount we still won group comfortably. We'll see how far the rotated squad can take us. 

Intake Preview:

NqwZKqg.png

Nice to see some Wingers coming in highly rated. We'll see how this intake does. My HYOD is out of contact at end of year and if the intake sucks he's gone.

image.png.9e3e15fdd97efa25daa1c049553e9867.png

Worthing FC - Season 24 - English Premier League - Youth Intake

After the good preview, I was perhaps expecting a bit more than what I got. However at least I did get my strikers.

image.thumb.png.2c4c3a80739b85cf4c144942f3ba3f91.png

image.thumb.png.b7dc47da909b3d5e04e3b6eaa15d2357.png

Personalities are not great still. Was expecting more form Jorge Broto as my HOYD, but I am going to give him a few more years at least. My Resolutes always seem to come on the worst players... Signed all tagged.

image.thumb.png.d995c09a9b4778f80dcc0ebcfcd463ee.png

Top 3 - Youth Intake 24

Tom Rowe (YP24A) - Looks like he has decent potential. I want a striker to come in with at least 10 finishing, so will get shooting training on ASAP. Has a lot of work to do to become a first team player, but with 5 star potential I have high hopes for him. Could be a name you see often within the next 2-4 years.

image.thumb.png.91546078e392e82f94efb8c3311c6bc0.png

Aldo Scarpato (YP24B) - A dual national - Italy/England - and someone with heaps of potential. His Vision, Passing and Stamina worry me, but he has other attributes that show he could be a decent squad player. Especially as my LW is my weakest area right now.

image.thumb.png.e7429dfa113d18087d1bf96a6808e80a.png

Ed Leonard (YP24C) - Not as much potential as the two above, but probably more first team ready. With no key stats for his role (Advanced forward) being below 8, it seems as if he is not far from being a squad rotation player. Will already be my 4th best striker before he has even signed his youth contract. Will work on his mentals and shooting and hope that he can achieve more than his potential shows.

image.thumb.png.3afee5c9983f9feb7dd0f1144babe3ae.png

America de Natal 2027: Season Review

1751.png.827ade3c2b252446f933481485f05063.png

Preseason: Able to keep all of our players from the previous season, we were able to go at Serie B with full strength. 

Cups: A disappointing year overall, but not horrible results.

• We won the Potiguar State Championship, though not finishing first in the overall table. However, there is a final at the end of each stage, and if you win each final, you win the championship. We took care of business in each, meaning we won the final even though we dropped some games in the group. Always nice to win but doesn't mean too much
  • We reached the quarterfinals of the Copa do Nordeste. This tournament is the next on my list of trophies to win, as the best teams in the cup are low-level Serie A sides, meaning it's definitely possible to squeeze a result out of it. However, this year was not the year and it was a more or less average showing.
  • Flamed out in the second round of Copa Brazil, which is about our level of expectation, but disappointing after last year's run. We made significantly less income due to not progressing further.

1143594870_ScreenShot2022-07-14at10_58.26AM-min.thumb.png.a02917d14a94b130e6ba227179ac1222.png

Serie B: Finished in 8th! By far the highlight of the season, the lack of progression in the cups meant we could focus fully on the league. We started off slow, evidenced by the league position chart, and bouncing in and out of the relegation zone. However, after a deep dive in the data hub and tweaking my tactic, we went on an incredible run, shooting up the table and with just two games to go were 4 points off promotion and in with an outside chance. We couldn't cross the finish line and dropped the last two matches, but it was still a huge over-performance compared to expectation and something that presents loads of optimism for the future. According to the xG table, we should've finished 5th so I struggle to call it a fluke.

(xG table below)

Spoiler

1968332559_ScreenShot2022-07-14at10_58.39AM-min.thumb.png.5d684ac1201f1affacaf9dbf404fbda8.png

Facilites: I forgot to take the screenshot even though I swear I did, but the board accepted a youth facilities upgrade, so we now sit at average. The money for the upgrade nearly put us negative, then general costs throughout the season and to run the set-up put us in the red, so we'll have to figure a way to balance that out soon...

1782350756_ScreenShot2022-07-14at11_08.50AM-min.png.5158d31c9732e46136a98792e6d77823.png

Youth Intake: The bettering of our facilities and exceptional recruitment didn't help too much. While we got two stellar products, given the stat spreads and potential ability of the rest of the intake, I struggle to think any of them will make a long-term impact as a member of the side. Since the screenshot, Alan Pedro has dropped to 3/4 stars, and Ihordam Mathews and Bruno have dropped to 2/3 stars. Not promising, but maybe things can change if they progress well.

85669384_ScreenShot2022-07-13at3_51.11PM-min.thumb.png.408ae5c9b5ccfca4a1824ab409c9e511.png

Three Stars: These weren't as easy to pick from as last season, as many players contributed but there was no sole player dragging us up the table.

• 2027 Key Player, Xavier Simoes 02D: The D player from my second intake, but by far the best, Xavier Simoes has had a remarkable development curve over the last season and a half and become one of the premier players in my side. A very creative striker, he plays almost like a Trequartista at advanced forward and scored 15 goals with 8 assists in 32 league games. He should continue improving and leading the line for my side and his versatility means he fits almost every role.

503619284_ScreenShot2022-07-14at11_02.46AM-min.thumb.png.8e88a7645f0bfc494a327dc73fff465b.png

• 2027 Breakthrough Player, Heberton 03E: Choosing this was tough, as this season relied on the already-best players to play most of the games. However, a hole at backup left back was present, and judging by attributes, Heberton seemed like the player for the job. It took him most of the season to achieve familiarity, but by the end he was beating club legend Vinicius Freitas (who is declining alarmingly fast) for the starting role. Now that no training time will be going to positional familiarity, he can hopefully improve massively and become a really solid fullback / inverted wingback.

1224455988_ScreenShot2022-07-14at11_07.22AM-min.thumb.png.52edabd35a87990a02311052799e569a.png

• 2027 Hot Prospect, Rodrigo Eduardo 06A: The most exciting player from my intake, Rodrigo Eduardo has all the talent to become an excellent left-sided CB or a conservative LB in the future. This is excellent, as those two positions are my two biggest holes and he gives me an opportunity to fill one with true quality. He even has the personality to match. I'm truly excited for this prospect and can see him becoming a first-team contributor as soon as next season.

1554413873_ScreenShot2022-07-14at11_07.32AM-min.thumb.png.682bba56a566e2e41d341640ed497766.png

Summary and Looking Ahead: Overall fantastic season. We will improve in the cups hopefully, but look to build on our league success. However, part of the inability to achieve promotion was due to a severe lack of depth, so next season, I am not primarily looking to achieve promotion. Rather, I want to continue to develop the entire squad (through more rotation and focused development) so that I can have a full arsenal of quality players at my disposal when I push for Serie A promotion in two to three seasons and ultimately staying up in it without a relegation in my first season.

1976357436_ScreenShot2022-07-14at10_57.37AM-min.thumb.png.5a241705dc9535cd159e25ba6ef6e66c.png

Last note: Our star keeper Jarlesson is already getting watched for the Brazil squad! I didn't think a full-fledged international would happen so early, but maybe it will! (though it will take him away for a large portion of the season during any international tournaments)

Screen Shot 2022-07-14 at 11.00.13 AM-min.png

Edited by dcayton9

image.png.78ef4eaedf5b0c3eabd5ceadffe85c0a.png

IF Skarp - Norway - Season 1 (2023) Review

We had a fantastic season that resulted in us winning the league.  We were very lucky with some of our results and injuries (we managed to avoid many serious injuries to key players).  Our run in the cup was ended early as we lost in the first round.  Next season will be extremely tough in the second tier.

Competitions

League & Cup

image.png.4559b118c348caf85c16515f9dcb3ed0.png

Spoiler

Cup

image.png.436ad3d583f008c9bab099faa13ba303.png

Eliteserien

image.png.ed1ed6464959f7414b28d6230e99e314.png

Players

Squad

image.png.f71eb8e37637810205b9a8ab1ea6dba2.png

Spoiler

image.png.7956465fc24fd159f3b300af597d4440.png

Fans Player of the Year

image.png.5f6f1c8be8776ea18c2311e10f33b52d.png

image.png.20b58dd9c362c4e6047a0f7e9bdf5fa0.png

Youth Intake

Intake occurred before I took over as manager.

Summary

image.thumb.png.edf1ca5e0437551220daaa2cbe1aa9e7.png

image.thumb.png.70a4fc1feee08a79d9e8ffab60d030e9.png

On 12/07/2022 at 16:01, JAwtunes said:

with link terminated:

This is what I've wanted to get in my St Vincent save, but we never got a high enough reputation to seek out an American Senior Affiliate with an awesome youth set-up. Puerto Rico has two teams like this with GPS as a Bayern affiliate and Sevilla FC Juncos, which is obviously a Sevilla affiliate. Interestingly for these two they don't get the parent club Junior Coaching.

image.png.879727dbeebb187a78399a473fbd35f0.png image.png.17eea12e3935972b38a625e45ec098ff.png

What's even more odd is that the Sevilla FC Juncos end up with State of the Art Facilities from Sevilla's Just Excellent Facilities. I guess it makes sense that the level is with respect to the region you are in, but does that mean the absolute value of the facilities is different for the clubs?

image.png.aaf751f17e7d32ffdff5f5766ae2ce46.png image.png.cd43ee8d35d57e39469c2d098a7fc7a3.png

I'm back from vacation and playing my St Vincent save again when I have time. I'll probably play 2-3 seasons before I post an update as we are in a rebuilding period and our first seasons did not go well. For the first time in 24 years we didnt advance in the Caribbean Club Championships so we won't play any Continental matches this season. With just easy St Vincent teams I'm testing my young strikers with hope one will pan-out to replace the consistently underperforming Nical McLean 14b. Their personalities aren't the greatest though. Because Kenton McMaster 25b desperately needs mentoring he's playing for the 1st team even though he's 15, and Tevin James 24a is developing in the U19s.

image.png.49fd7f1f2376ed4a3f57b12339cd25b6.png

image.png.134a9a95ac58e503a98fd98004e55163.png

I did another holiday in Spain. I'm considering R.C. Recreativo de Huelva S.A.D. They won La Liga 2 in 2006 to get into La Liga then went on a downward spiral that they are now playing Segunda División RFEF - Grupo IV.

Facilities look amazing!!

spacer.png

This affiliation has me worried though.

spacer.png

Córdoba C.F. S.A.D. play in Primera RFEF Footters - Grupo II and they have an affiliation that will terminate once they are in the same division which should be OK.

8 minutes ago, glennuk said:

@xenomorphingwow....I am so jealous....Phillipe Charles looks immense. I would LOVE to have him come through and I am in the Premier League. Glad you got him on a super long contract.

Could be a wonder kid in your first season!

Nuts right? Its also like the first actual great wonderkid I've had trough youth intake in about 3000+ hours of football manager (19-20-21-22). Couldn't have asked for a better timing :D

Edited by xenomorphing

image.jpeg.53d74051ea4ae2687ce506446adca8a5.jpeg

Random end of window update.

I was worried the Championship sides sniffing around my star players would be back this summer but we have managed to avoid losing anyone key. We did lose one RW to Carlisle on a free but he was only a back up and RW is a position we are pretty stacked in luckily. On the league front we have started the season unbelievably well. 13 games in and we are looking like a seasoned National League side.

image.png.ca0b5cb6abbd7b659c99a2c039731a4e.png

image.png.6103cbdae2025f3e045ed3e0fa7c521f.png

At the start of the season I checked the points tally for teams staying up and 50 seemed to be the benchmark and we are well on our way there. Whether we can keep it up is another matter, playing every 3 or 4 days up until mid October presents its own challenges, add in the 6 or 7 who regularly go away on international youth duty and we are using our whole squad at the moment, but its working so long may it continue.

Edited by BigJack

1 hour ago, xenomorphing said:

upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f5/Log...

Royale Union Tubize - Belgium - Season 1 (2023) Review

Result: CHAMPIONS!

I managed to win the league on the second last match of the season against the only other team with full prof status called Lierse by smashing them 1-5.
I did not expect to win the league in the first season, as I did not really have the greatest players. I only had 1 natural center back and the other one was a converted defensive midfielder. What I did have was a great midfield and decent strikers.
On top of that most players were young and developed quite well over the course of this season. Being the only prof club beside Lierse gave me the advantage of proper match preparations aswell.
Due to the great midfield and attack but average to even bad defense I opted for using some all-or-nothing strategies whenever that was needed, which clearly paid off. 

image.png.9bd7bebf939df252e0dbced95d1b9efc.pngimage.png.1e1f12ff28d53d92d5ba161a8f9e4e39.png

Squad and tactics

The players suited my style of play quite well, as I tend to use 442 diamond very often. For this save I made a 442 diamond with vertical tiki-taka & gegenpress.

image.thumb.png.1c8e63fcb0b451026edf6afe8053c0ee.png

youth intake

The first youth intake did not disappoint at all, giving me 9 elite tier regens including an absolute monster of a player which I will be converting in my future striker.
There are some other players present which could be of great use aswell in the future, but require more development.

image.png.94cb4c8501aa97c7b9e81c02e9bc8ea0.png

I gave this guy a contract for the next 3 seasons with a 2 season extension when promoting + 2 optional seasons. I immediately dropped him in my starting XI, where he scored 4 in 5 games.

image.thumb.png.076776e485dde3552e6d30064311850a.png

notable regens

I was lucky enough in this save to start with a promising number 10 regen (the only regen) in my youth at the age of 15. I saw a lot of potential in him and he has developed/performed very well.
I gave him a contract of 3 seasons with 3 optional seasons, also securing this player for quite a while.

image.thumb.png.7ea6107a4fbfe1ec01e022b454d6ea97.png

image.thumb.png.53fba8a9e073841f9e881a7af11c8a7f.png

finances

Thanks to a takover in october the debt is kept to a minimal amount. 

image.png.13ec12fbff3835aeb2ac838678fa28af.png

Up to the next season!

You've started with some absolutely choice attacking intake players! Hopefully you can negotiate good transfers for them when the foreign clubs inevitably begin to circle. GL managing that negative bank balance, that's what did me in during the Beta.