The FM23 Youth Academy Challenge

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutos atrƔs, Zdnap disse:

Hello everyone,
I was thinking of startingthe challenge again, but I ended up with a potentially challenge ending problem...
At the start of the season, we had a player, out of contract, but still at the club. I thought nothing of it, he's at the club, I can just extend his contraact from month to month to actual part time right ?
I checked the transfer center, we had nothing ongoing, so nothing to cancel.
And then at the end of the season, the Season Review announces that we had a new arrival.........
I checked the transfer history, and he was signedĀ  on June 14th so season 22/23. But with NO CONTRACT ! How can you sign a player with no contract ?
So the question is : Can I continue my challenge with that player, or is it over ?

Ā  Ocultar conteĆŗdo

Ā 

BGsra3a.png

Ā 

wiwY5nf.png

Ā 

d6uYAUh.png

Ā 

MtcpF3F.png

By the way, my newgen are also counted as free transfer on the end of season review timeline, but not in the transfer center, that should be OK right ?

Ā  Ocultar conteĆŗdo

Ā 

yuLq7nQ.png

Ā 

I belive so, he was an amateur contract before the reset date. So he is part of your original squad. @XaWĀ correct me if im wrong please.

About the newgen its the same thing, he is from the 23 intake (AI) one.

1 minute ago, The7Striker said:

I belive so, he was an amateur contract before the reset date. So he is part of your original squad. @XaWĀ correct me if im wrong please.

About the newgen its the same thing, he is from the 23 intake (AI) one.

Yes, @ZdnapĀ - Those are from before you took over, so they are fine to use as normal.

AI once again being shown up as sub-standard:

Mandli December 2027 - I'm considering my options

Ne Geo December 2027 - We're an ambitious club, we need you to be part of it

Mandli December 2027 - You're right this is an ambitious club, I think I'll stay

Mandli January 2028 - I'm unhappy because I want a new challengeĀ with a more ambitious club

Spoke with him and he let it drop but this is going to continuously yo-yo until I sell him I think

1 minuto atrƔs, Neo_Geo disse:

AI once again being shown up as sub-standard:

Mandli December 2027 - I'm considering my options

Ne Geo December 2027 - We're an ambitious club, we need you to be part of it

Mandli December 2027 - You're right this is an ambitious club, I think I'll stay

Mandli January 2028 - I'm unhappy because I want a new challengeĀ with a more ambitious club

Spoke with him and he let it drop but this is going to continuously yo-yo until I sell him I think

If you can afford, bench him for a few games. Otherwise I would sell him. I think he does more harm then good

Sorry to bombard (getting some time to play the game this weekend).

I qualified for the Europa Knock Out Playoffs but because I wasn't in the top 8 (qualify for the Knock Out directly) I was asked by the media about being knocked out of the competition, questioned whether I had actually qualified but I have indeed (drawn against Standard Liege), another new feature (Europa League Reform) not fully testedĀ :applause:

3 hours ago, Bartrcm said:

Finances: we lost around ā‚¬1.8M, so no upgrades. But the board decided to build a new stadium. We don't have the money and the new stadium will be much smaller than the current one, so I don't understand why. This also happened in FM21 & FM22, so I think this is a bug.

There are several clubs in real life that had older bigger stadiums but they are not as big as the old days and when they build, or if they build, it is going to be a smaller one.

4 minutes ago, MadCatPT said:

There are several clubs in real life that had older bigger stadiums but they are not as big as the old days and when they build, or if they build, it is going to be a smaller one.

Correct, but I played for 9-10k last season, and they are going to build a 13k stadium. And minimum specs for 2nd division are 15k. So they are not thinking of the future.

2 Interesting features.
First such information came to my mailbox.

Ā image.png.3bc615d7e5b734c7fb8d89317cda0918.png

image.thumb.png.f0a238207a1ebe25af902a74e68be6b0.png

Masłowski literally lost I think 10 determination as it was at last over 16.

Second.
I've got first time poached player in FM23 (day after intake), the interesting thing is that the poached player is foreign (sadly for me)Ā and second part is that he is poached by team from Germany which didn't happen ever for me. Sadly because the SpVgg plays in regional leagueĀ :rolleyes:Ā 
image.png.be1578b6b3eed0acf4ad7e1b5bd13569.png

Ā 

Edited by Sn00gle

EqXGwdx.png

2026/27 Midseason Review:

DGMDjnD.png

My hope was to push for promotion, but I didn't expect things to go this well. What's really surprising for me is that we lead the league in fewest goals allowed. More younger players stepping in development taking off is helping and I'm able to rotate a lot more to help keep players fresh. We aren't scoring a ton, so if that takes off and the defense stays solid we're in good position.Ā 

Intake Preview:

8wJV7wd.png

Preview starting to look a bit more what you expect compared to the previous all A rated. Striker is our thinnest position depth wise so I'm happy to see it highly rated.Ā 

16 hours ago, Sn00gle said:

2 Interesting features.
First such information came to my mailbox.

Ā image.png.3bc615d7e5b734c7fb8d89317cda0918.png

image.thumb.png.f0a238207a1ebe25af902a74e68be6b0.png

Masłowski literally lost I think 10 determination as it was at last over 16.
Ā 

Ā 

Wow, never seen that one before. Has anyone else experienced this?Ā 

Do you have any idea how this could have happened? A terrible mentoring group perhaps?Ā 

15 minutes ago, thomas_e said:

Ā 

Wow, never seen that one before. Has anyone else experienced this?Ā 

Do you have any idea how this could have happened? A terrible mentoring group perhaps?Ā 

Iā€™ve seen both the negative change but also a positive one as well, think it was for determination as well.

I donā€™t believe itā€™s to do with mentoring I think itā€™s more along the lines of a ā€œpersonal life eventā€ that makes that change but the game never goes into detail as to what it actually was.

11 minutos atrƔs, Neo_Geo disse:

Iā€™ve seen both the negative change but also a positive one as well, think it was for determination as well.

I donā€™t believe itā€™s to do with mentoring I think itā€™s more along the lines of a ā€œpersonal life eventā€ that makes that change but the game never goes into detail as to what it actually was.

True. Sometimes that just hit the player. But if you have a low det squad it also impacts, I belive.

9 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

True. Sometimes that just hit the player. But if you have a low det squad it also impacts, I belive.

I mean yeah on early steps of this challenge this is massive but I like that random life event.

But I dont like this... WTF second German player and now Mannheim xD?
image.png.12ba87c008f3a364394c952da923c1eb.png

11 minutes ago, The7Striker said:

In my save I had a player with improved ambition. I can't remember if I had this before. It feels realistic to me, sometimes things happen in life that change a persons attitude.

V8DydeI7glT4QQrdHykeKmZCCD7AqALqhChS8R5MdPiH699JSoYuARxSXyB2lplpr_78uEahu4Q6KmA23oelifhMpQIltuH5okyZfjjLb4hYIDYu5RTxcI26VtmjYabt68f_rvPYDT52SHIZAgYNP7OnK9UMRYoZwa00HymYETxO_rf-OaGkklyOSpxdHA

1 hour ago, Neo_Geo said:

Agree, but to lose 10 determination points all of a sudden was more than I've seen before!Ā 

Just looking through screenshots from FM20 and FM22 saves an I have increases in Ambition, Determination and Professional.Ā  Ive also had decreases in Ambition but dont have any saves of decreases for determination or prof - but might have missed them.

Spoiler

image.png.5a6e77043228c9fce1e28c00694c5dbe.png

image.png.67a2b780caba140c37952e1b977197c0.png

image.png.90dbc468c9743b3a765940f637f994aa.png

image.png.63726216d5e3ac9637c61c008b6048b8.png

image.png.c18c5d9df4482009e0c773b26d4fca0c.png

DETERMINATION

image.png.3a5018eb6f9ba1b1fa0f9fd119b400fa.png

PROF

image.png.9301202e5640ce13dbdc821bc7961195.png

Ā 

1 hour ago, thomas_e said:

Agree, but to lose 10 determination points all of a sudden was more than I've seen before!Ā 

Yeah, it happens at times, both positive and negative. It's mean to symbolize happenings outside the pitch that has big effects on players. Examples can be becoming a parent, or losing a loved one. Different people react differently to big events, some become more determined to succeed, others less, and the same goes for for the other aspects of the personality.

I decided to give it a real good go in Europe this season and made sure everyone is well rested before the big Euro games.Ā  First game against away to Lens and we're smashed 1-5.Ā  Next up, Man Utd then a double header against Dortmund.Ā  I think we could be on for 6 defeats in 6 like last season!

@HenTheChickenyou're my inspiration at the moment with your performances in Europe with the mighty Mumbles!Ā  Hopefully there is better to comeĀ :onmehead:

2 hours ago, The7Striker said:

@XaWĀ love the fact you have a Portuguese player in the lower tier. Ofc without an UK nat as a second oneĀ :D

It's probably the 3rd nationality, that's what happened for me at Guiseley with French/African players.Ā 

I'm still waiting for the Portuguese cape Verde Luxembourg trifecta at ALS Porto. I've also noticed if my player comes in with just Portugal nationality he's not getting luxembourg naturalization. Thankfully Luxembourg just cares about Home Grown, so I won't have registration issues down the line.Ā 

53 minutos atrƔs, WhiteCat33 disse:

It's probably the 3rd nationality, that's what happened for me at Guiseley with French/African players.Ā 

I'm still waiting for the Portuguese cape Verde Luxembourg trifecta at ALS Porto. I've also noticed if my player comes in with just Portugal nationality he's not getting luxembourg naturalization. Thankfully Luxembourg just cares about Home Grown, so I won't have registration issues down the line.Ā 

To be fair, I didn't really look at the 2nd nationality, but in Bulgaria, despite the rules, didnt catch any player from nearby countrys in the intakes.

5 hours ago, JAwtunes said:

I decided to give it a real good go in Europe this season and made sure everyone is well rested before the big Euro games.Ā  First game against away to Lens and we're smashed 1-5.Ā  Next up, Man Utd then a double header against Dortmund.Ā  I think we could be on for 6 defeats in 6 like last season!

@HenTheChickenyou're my inspiration at the moment with your performances in Europe with the mighty Mumbles!Ā  Hopefully there is better to comeĀ :onmehead:

mighty is definitely the word for it, the squad we've got is doing crazy things in europe. Good luck in your games!